CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Those were some great series yesterday. Couldn't stay up longer for the LG v Splyce game. I still hate radar, autos, grenade hitmarkers, etc.., but none the less watching competitive Halo was hype. To bad I can't transition the hype I get from watching to playing the game. It sucks so much. LETS GO NV!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ghost likes Renegade :D. Another close plaza slayer in this tourney

This really is the best tournament lol.  I think after this viewership is going to have to start rising again.  This is only confirming that this game can bring incredibly entertaining gameplay as well as have great storylines.  The viewership is disappointing but this is a great sign for the future if word gets out about how lit this is

I can only be nice about it and provide constructive feedback for so many events, but I really don't think Strongside belongs on the casting desk. I feel like he has been our weakest commentator for a long time and its really holding us back.

Would love to see him in a permanent host/interviewer role.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Snakebite is soo good. Definitely the best all round player in the game. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

5Qo1YGj.gif

I went and made breakfast so I missed it live but he got sniped? The explosion still happened, he didn't hit the corner.

I can only be nice about it and provide constructive feedback for so many events, but I really don't think Strongside belongs on the casting desk. I feel like he has been our weakest commentator for a long time and its really holding us back.

I agree that he isn't the best caster but given the multitude of problems we still have with Halo 5 and the HCS program I really don't think one slightly awkward caster is what's holding us back.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Production ( @@JokrCantSpell ) need to ensure they pair him with a Play by Play commentator so he doesn't feel the need to just flood the comms with constant talking.

He stumbles over his words and tends to just talk without saying things so often.  But when he's the color/analyst, he feels less pressure to fill the air and thinks about what he's going to say a lot more, and it comes out a lot clearer.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Ghost commentates like Michael Owen. "Snakebite takes the sniper from Ace, so he's now got the T2 combo, which is bad news for Str8 because he isn't a member of Str8'

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Another lagout on "LAN"? Great game 343. No wonder the Halo and Xbox twitters refuse to tweet this shit out. What an embarrassment..

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Production ( @@JokrCantSpell ) need to ensure they pair him with a Play by Play commentator so he doesn't feel the need to just flood the comms with constant talking.

He stumbles over his words and tends to just talk without saying things so often.  But when he's the color/analyst, he feels less pressure to fill the air and thinks about what he's going to say a lot more, and it comes out a lot clearer.

I don't think any pairing can really help him, to be honest. I've had the same complaints about him since H2A and not much has changed, and even when paired with a pure play by play commentator like Simms or Gboy, he still rarely analyzes whatsoever, and if he does it's extremely barebones.

The speed and rhythm of a live game just doesn't suit him, plain and simple. Way too many stumbles and can't maintain his tone. Never has any problems during interviews or hosting.

I agree that he isn't the best caster but given the multitude of problems we still have with Halo 5 and the HCS program I really don't think one slightly awkward caster is what's holding us back.

Doesn't mean small changes can't be made.

• Upvote (+1) 1