CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Very happy for Str8 that they qualified. Seeing them snubbed so hard by the official TB power rankings was mind boggling. 

Personal feelings aside Panda deserve massive props for qualifying as well. LCQ will be very interesting. 

Have we figured out what exactly the teams are playing for today? What does first place get other than just more $?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Have we figured out what exactly the teams are playing for today? What does first place get other than just more $?

Seeding for pools during worlds. Behooves you to get as high as possible so youre not in the same pool as optic for example. That is if they translate seeds to pool groupings properly of course

• Upvote (+1) 1

better hwc seeding perhaps

Still waiting for the downvotes to roll in on this one

They won't. Why? Because he made his point without being an obnoxious asshole about it.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Probably seeding for Worlds.

To all the snowflakes bitching about Splyce not qualifying: THEY DIDN'T EARN IT! A lot of you sound like typical Americans with trophy cases full of participation medals.

There's irony in this. I have no doubt Pnda played well, but Splyce definitely got disrupted by bracket shenanigans. They earned (through placing well at the previous event) a better seed than the 8th they got. They didn't turn up yesterday sure, but there are definitely mitigating circumstances.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I loved Naded's reaction when they won.. the entire main stage would not be safe if he ever won a tournament. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

(also that EG vs Cryptic game nearly had me poo myself)

Buzz Killington here:

CryptiK would have won that game in overtime if it went there.  Since Contra died to a grenade as time expired -- let's say time expired before his death.  Contra's dead.

Now Ogre 2 is left in a 1v2 in open space nowhere near cover.  Ogre 2 dies.  Score is now 49-47.

Almost no way for CryptiK to lose that when they're 1 dead and everyone else is relatively close to one another.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Some of the best gameplay and greatest story lines Halo has seen in years and it feels tainted due to poor tournament scheduling, organization, and promotion from 343 Industries, it's insane to think of the high level gameplay we're seeing contrasted with the fact this is the most teams, at 64, we've seen since 2015.

64 millions copies sold and grossing almost 3,4 billions (wiki) and not a tweet on the official Xbox account with 11,4 million followers. I don´t get it.

64 millions copies sold and grossing almost 3,4 billions (wiki) and not a tweet on the official Xbox account with 11,4 million followers. I don´t get it.

Nobody plays h5. They don't care.

• Downvote (-1) 6

damn...

Still don't understand why EG did it. Also, to replace him with ogre2 is baffling as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Nobody plays h5. They don't care.

Well, marketing rules stipulates that tweeting is even more important then.

This is going as my banner. 

OpTic's days of 4-0ing in finals are gone. Theyre still the best team, but Liquid and nV are getting better.

Man just because J!NX is one of our sponsors and makes fantastic jerseys and shirts doesn't mean you have to jinx us like that man.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I found it funny that no one has mentioned the dates of worlds on stream or plans for their mini halo-con

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well, marketing rules stipulates that tweeting is even more important then.

Well. I'd say theyve moved on to promoting thier next big exclusives but, there aren't any. So, I suppose they should still focus on h5. Despite the fact that the general population has already decided they don't want to play it.

• Downvote (-1) 1