CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What time do the matches start today?  I would assume somewhere around 3 eastern?

PST - 10:30 AM 
EST - 1:30 PM 
GMT - 6:30 PM

and then FFA finals at some point

Its a trade off, but if there's anything this weekend taught us, nothing is guaranteed. I mean,many were predicting splyce and alg to qualify today.

People predicting alg to qualify ??? they were a serious doubt in my mind, I didn't think LG would qualify but I never thought ALG would.

Sparty and crew have never looked too impressive and well sparty and commonly are online players. Feel bad for suspector he was crushing it yesterday.

I do think they have a real chance in the LCQ as it is ONLINE. But if it was a lan, splyce would be hot favorites. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also to all of those saying @@Cratos was shit

Just look at the Panda vs ALG game, the man was straight up crushing it.

He is back to his worlds form and is only going to continue to get better.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Interestingly enough: Spartan, Ryanoob, Spartan, and a random 4th (can someone help me out) failed to qualify for worlds last year on Winterfox, could they repeat it again with 4 different teams.

The Winterfox that failed to qualify was Shooter, Ryanoob, Randa & Domey. And Spartan was on Renegades for Worlds last year.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People predicting alg to qualify ??? they were a serious doubt in my mind, I didn't think LG would qualify but I never thought ALG would.
Sparty and crew have never looked too impressive and well sparty and commonly are online players. Feel bad for suspector he was crushing it yesterday.

I do think they have a real chance in the LCQ as it is ONLINE. But if it was a lan, splyce would be hot favorites.

Yeah ALG are online kids and that's why they can qualify.

Even more so if bubu plays like ass again

Also Spartan was on renegades last worlds. Ryan and shooter were with Randa and domey

• Upvote (+1) 1

Interestingly enough: Spartan, Ryanoob, Spartan, and a random 4th (can someone help me out) failed to qualify for worlds last year on Winterfox, could they repeat it again with 4 different teams.

What a team. Spartan had to be there 2 times, no wonder they failed to qualify  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

The Winterfox that failed to qualify was Shooter, Ryanoob, Randa & Domey. And Spartan was on Renegades for Worlds last year.

agh my bad forgot sparty jumped ship, he was originally on that team.

What a team. Spartan had to be there 2 times, no wonder they failed to qualify  :kappa:

:apg:

My bad meant to say shooter, but forgot sparty jumped ship to renegades anyway. 

Also to all of those saying @@Cratos was shit

Just look at the Panda vs ALG game, the man was straight up crushing it.

He is back to his worlds form and is only going to continue to get better.

looking forward to seeing them play a top 4 team on LAN

that'll probably be a slightly better gauge of form.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Can someone tell me who knocked EG out of the loser bracket?

Splyce in a bo5 that got changed to a bo7 after the fact. It was weird. Series was 3-1 then 4-1

• Upvote (+1) 4

Splyce in a bo5 that got changed to a bo7 after the fact. It was weird. Series was 3-1 then 4-1

For people who missed it, this isn't a joke post and really happened.

• Upvote (+1) 5

To all the snowflakes bitching about Splyce not qualifying: THEY DIDN'T EARN IT! A lot of you sound like typical Americans with trophy cases full of participation medals.  

Did Panda truly earn it though? Good on them for making it to worlds, but we have to admit their bracket was insanely easy. They only played a single pro team (and lost) because they were gifted 16,000 bonus seeding points as a "participation medal". Sure, they managed to beat ALG, but so did Splyce. I think if Panda and Splyce had been seeded the other way around (as in nobody being gifted their free points) things would be different. But of course we'll never know.

I'll just wait for the day when Panda actually manages to beat a pro team on LAN. It's crazy to me that a team can qualify for Worlds without beating any pro teams.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wait did it happen after the game had originally ended, or was it always a best of 7 and casters just mistakenly thought it was a best of 5/

lol forgot to mention that eg was only notified after they left the venue, and the series continued hours later

yo @

If you read this. I highly suggest you watch Pnda vs ALG

One of the bests series in Halo history

halo 5 has gotten so much more competitive and fun to watch lately, I love it. There WILL NOT be a 4-0 in the World finals this year. Even t2 said its the best Halo action in 10 years

• Upvote (+1) 2

yo @

If you read this. I highly suggest you watch Pnda vs ALG

One of the bests series in Halo history

halo 5 has gotten so much more competitive and fun to watch lately, I love it. There WILL NOT be a 4-0 in the World finals this year. Even t2 said its the best Halo action in 10 years

OpTic will 4-0 whoever they face in the finals, quote me

• Upvote (+1) 6

OpTic will 4-0 whoever they face in the finals, quote me

This is going as my banner. 

OpTic's days of 4-0ing in finals are gone. Theyre still the best team, but Liquid and nV are getting better.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just caught up on the Str8 and Panda Series from last night. Holy fucking shit.

This has to be in my opinion, some of the most competitive halo we have EVER seen. Every team is going wild, so much talent and desire. I've even had tweets from people saying Halo is now their favourite game to watch.

Can't wait for today!

I just...I'm trying to gather up my thoughts. And I'm failing. Just so many incredible highs and lows in the matches. It's funny how we keep saying "this is pretty much the best Halo I've seen" every tournament now.

To all the snowflakes bitching about Splyce not qualifying: THEY DIDN'T EARN IT! A lot of you sound like typical Americans with trophy cases full of participation medals.  

First of all, none of us asked for that kind of thing. People who grew up with that concept had no choice and even then I've never met anyone who actually wanted them or viewed it as a mandatory thing for everything they did.

Second of all, the idea is to encourage people to stay motivated despite not getting first place. 

Third of all your usage of "snowflakes"  :wutface:

Lastly, that doesn't even make sense. People will always and have always tried to figure out why their teams lost, sometimes to excuse it and sometimes to simply know why. I mean, have you not seen people try and brush of stuff that happens to EG/nV? Or payed attention to any sports in mankinds history?

Did EG even drop Ninja? I assumed it was a mutual parting of ways.

Ninja was kinda struggling to find teammates after EG wasn't he?

I would have though he wouldn't leave EG without some sort of plan in place...

15 hours of great Halo and a bottle of scotch, yesterday was a great day.

Run it back?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Did Panda truly earn it though? Good on them for making it to worlds, but we have to admit their bracket was insanely easy. They only played a single pro team (and lost) because they were gifted 16,000 bonus seeding points as a "participation medal". Sure, they managed to beat ALG, but so did Splyce. I think if Panda and Splyce had been seeded the other way around (as in nobody being gifted their free points) things would be different. But of course we'll never know.

I'll just wait for the day when Panda actually manages to beat a pro team on LAN. It's crazy to me that a team can qualify for Worlds without beating any pro teams.

I mean they beat people in that online qualifier, and then they beat ALG last night. ALG is most certainly a pro team, 3/4 members played at worlds last year and were in both seasons of pro league. only person who wasnt in pro league last season was tripppey and hes skilled. ALG had the chance to beat them and they got 4-1'd. Pretty sure their win is legitimate.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I mean they beat people in that online qualifier, and then they beat ALG last night. ALG is most certainly a pro team, 3/4 members played at worlds last year and were in both seasons of pro league. only person who wasnt in pro league last season was tripppey and hes skilled. ALG had the chance to beat them and they got 4-1'd. Pretty sure their win is legitimate.

Still waiting for the downvotes to roll in on this one

• Downvote (-1) 3

Me after reading all these past pages of pure Halo hype( that I had to miss cuz west coast events)..

08d38fc600419ec5b3698a85b9d0df0eebab28ef

• Upvote (+1) 5