CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

you guys realize that MLG.tv isn't a new thing, right? it launched in 2013 and failed spectacularly, to the point where Nadeshot had to sue MLG to get out of his exclusivity contract. if it was ever going to be a thing, it would have been back then, when Twitch wasn't as healthy as it is now

Proof for the suing stuff please.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Gfinity guys! Glad to see some interest for the EU event. Me and my team are going to attend Gfinity as our first LAN (well, when we find a fourth). I've seen some hotels be fairly priced if you're willing to skimp on the niceties (£70 - £100 for 3 nights), though I have seen quite a few of the rooms going quickly.

Any EU guys thinking of attending, it shouldn't be overly expensive either, the other 2 players on my team are from Sweden and Spain, where they've found return flights for around £80 - £100.

I'm swedish, who is your swedish teammate? :)

Hey, can someone tell me what the color of that bar next to someone's name means?

I keep seeing a bunch of different colors and lengths, but have no idea what either of them mean. Thanks in advance.

The rep bar?

IIRC Nadeshot bought out his contract with MLG, he didn't sue them.

Hey, can someone tell me what the color of that bar next to someone's name means?

I keep seeing a bunch of different colors and lengths, but have no idea what either of them mean. Thanks in advance.

I gilded you. You're welcome.

ffSpwFF.gif

nice job btw

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't let NavG123 have Gold Bar, folks.  It is your civic duty to deny him of this, the greatest of life's pleasures.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

new goal: neg everything Nav says so he never gets gold bar

edit: beaten by tibby but same

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't let NavG123 have Gold Bar, folks.  It is your civic duty to deny him of this, the greatest of life's pleasures.

can confirm

Can't remember what video he said it in, but I remember him saying he had spent tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees to get out of his contract. Almost positive he said something about a lawsuit. 

you guys realize that MLG.tv isn't a new thing, right? it launched in 2013 and failed spectacularly, to the point where Nadeshot had to sue MLG to get out of his exclusivity contract. if it was ever going to be a thing, it would have been back then, when Twitch wasn't as healthy as it is now

A product doesnt have to be completely new to disrupt a market. It just has to innovate.

Can't remember what video he said it in, but I remember him saying he had spent tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees to get out of his contract. Almost positive he said something about a lawsuit.

Sounds more like he was the one who got sued, tbh.

Nadeshot talked about it in a few videos, common knowledge, just watch videos on his channel around the time he switched to Twitch ... he paid tens of thousands to lawyers, filed a suit against MLG etc

Sounds more like he was the one who got sued, tbh.

right, basically he realized MLG (obviously) wouldn't let him out of the contract so he lawyered up, getting ahead of being sued by MLG for breach of contract

Stop +repping this post people, you'll only encourage him.  :simms:

I may or may not be motivated by jealousy....

only 2400 rep to go...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Congrats. This is the time to change your generic avatar. I can recommend this one. Being modest are for green bars.

M11LcT1.png

• Upvote (+1) 8

Let's see if we can 100 +reps on this post. Make sure you read it all the way to the end, because your favorite Halo pro team dies at then end. Make sure to plus rep now, but read all the way to the end. Today I'm going to show you how to get +reps for posting dank Emma Watson gifs in response to your favorite Halo topics. You can even do it right when her dad is looking and standing right there. But, wait, stay tune for my next post where I'm going to show you how you can get golden bar in just 3 short weeks. The secret is to use a really spicy meme with a little bit of timing and a brooding display of confidence. Plus rep this post and stay tuned for next post on how to get golden bar rep. If you don't plus rep this post, your favorite team could be dropped from the circuit!

http://i.imgur.com/ebfNjjc.mp4

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

4k sub's at like $2.5 each per month not to mention donations.

And even so I think he makes closer to 3 or more. I know if's over $2.50. Pretty insane. Then you look at guys like summit at 9.5-11k subs at around 3 or more. Over $300k per year :^).