CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

And because the CoD community believes this to be the worst game in the series so far.

Stats don't lie.

Throughout the entire year of BO3s lifespan, it was in the top 10, sometimes in top 5 of Twitch.

IW has been out for a month and t isn't even in the top 25.

I don't think they believe IW is the worst in the series. AW (for me) is the worst COD game. IW is bad but AW was much worse. Ghost was half-assed too. Literally the only thing that had going for it was no jetpacks. BO3 was ok.

IW has the best hardpoint since BO2 with spawns and the way its suppose to be played. I actually enjoyed watching it this weekend. 

And IW numbers are down because the community viewers are split between IW and MWR. That was predicted and expected to happen though (at least I expected it to happen)

I missed EU Finals through birthday commitments so I'd love to do Gfinity London, especially with the fact its so close to me as well (about 20 minutes public transport from university which is great! I finish super early on Fridays too so could potentially do all 3 days)!

:wutface: I feel this is a debatable statement, not because I disagree with you, however there have been times with Competitive CoD where I've thoroughly enjoyed watching it. I think it's definitely past its peak however, with Black Ops 2 competitive being probably one of the best console FPS competition games I've seen bar the Halo games (unless we gonna include 4 :kappa:). CoD is definitely in a bit of a bad stage I feel now with their competitive scene, mostly as well with the recently shit releases of IW and Black Ops 3. I think it also speaks volumes where Aches for Cloud 9 has spent ridiculous hours on MWR, and still manages to still obtain a second place finish.

EU finals was awesome and it was a fortunate location for me due to family living within 30 miles.  Gfinity unfortunately is a long way from me so costs will be substantially higher.  Still hoping i can make it though.  Cant wait to see what teams attend.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They won't push twich at all. Contractual exclusivity isn't competing, irrespective of the features of twitch CoD would have still been streamed on MLG. To try and compete against exclusivity is futile.

CoD players have already had a taste of this when they signed contracts and essentially shut the comp scene out of twitch for a year+. There is only so much sympathy you can have for that descision but it shows that what's on offer doesn't matter when contracts are already on the table.

This is false for the simple fact that contracts expire and activision owns the whole damn thing so they could "renegotiate" the contract at any point.  

Twitch can add X and Y features and say, "Hey activision, we added real-time stats and observer functionality.  Lets renegotiate revenue sharing and do this."

Twitch could easily double viewership and have a sweet sell.

• Upvote (+1) 1

shotzzy is streaming. his movement is amazing

Shotzzy is just freaking incredible in general. The kid is super talented. Does anyone know if he can compete in Worlds this year?

im thinking, ace, stellur, bubu, shooter

I'd like to see Contra/Shooter/Bubu/Stellur

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is false for the simple fact that contracts expire and activision owns the whole damn thing so they could "renegotiate" the contract at any point.  

Twitch can add X and Y features and say, "Hey activision, we added real-time stats and observer functionality.  Lets renegotiate revenue sharing and do this."

Twitch could easily double viewership and have a sweet sell.

I'll never forget before H5 launched, 343 showed off some eSports features they were going to have in the Halo Channel app.  They made it look so awesome.  What a disappointment that was.  All talk, no walk. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

If I was Ninja I wouldn't even worry about Halo anymore.  His H1Z1 stream bring in 5k+ viewers and he still gets to compete competitively in it.  Money and competition, I'd take that  

• Upvote (+1) 2

If I was Ninja I wouldn't even worry about Halo anymore. His H1Z1 stream bring in 5k+ viewers and he still gets to compete competitively in it. Money and competition, I'd take that

He's stated a few times he still competes in H5 solely for love of the game and I believe him.

• Upvote (+1) 7

EU finals was awesome and it was a fortunate location for me due to family living within 30 miles. Gfinity unfortunately is a long way from me so costs will be substantially higher. Still hoping i can make it though. Cant wait to see what teams attend.

Everyone can attend. Are you gonna make a team to play yourself?

Everyone can attend. Are you gonna make a team to play yourself?

Part of me would love to but im way too old and way too average for that  :)

Dont get wrong if i can make it and they have an FFA going on ill enter for a laugh but i just dont have the time to grind the game enough with a team :(

Ok I need some help with this pro points system. Are the points player based or team based? And do points transfer of you leave a team?

What was the viewership like for the finals of that COD vegas event?

I've heard it's the lowest since MW3.

I'm glad people are realising what a trash game IW is from a competitive standpoint

Fixed. You seem like you don't know what you're talking about buddy? I mean, you also gotta realise how much of Twitch's feature platform is built for exposure, and regardless of how many nice things mlg.tv has it's a huge step back for CoD's publicity which was obviously reflected in it's viewercount.

If I was Ninja I wouldn't even worry about Halo anymore. His H1Z1 stream bring in 5k+ viewers and he still gets to compete competitively in it. Money and competition, I'd take that

To compete in 1 invitational per year?

Edit: It would be a really terrible if he half-assed Halo, just because he knows he doesn't need to place well to make a living

• Upvote (+1) 3

To compete in 1 invitational per year?

Edit: It would be a really terrible if he half-assed Halo, just because he knows he doesn't need to place well to make a living

the money he has made in halo recently pales in comparison to what he makes streaming at in h1z1. 4k sub's at like $2.5 each per month not to mention donations. If he still competes in halo it will be for the love of halo and competition not for the money he doesn't need halo money to make a living

Edit: meant to hit quote but accidentally up voted you haha enjoy

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

EU finals was awesome and it was a fortunate location for me due to family living within 30 miles.  Gfinity unfortunately is a long way from me so costs will be substantially higher.  Still hoping i can make it though.  Cant wait to see what teams attend.

I hope you can attend! It's been a while since there was an open event in Europe and Gfinity's London arena is stunning, definitely not an event you want to miss out on!! 

The worry I have at the moment is finding a hotel room ASAP because London prices are terrifying! 

• Upvote (+1) 2

What was the viewership like for the finals of that COD vegas event?

I've heard it's the lowest since MW3.

I'm glad people are realising what a trash game COD is from a competitive standpoint

It has nothing to do with CoD as a series, just this CoD specifically. IW is pretty much universally agreed to be AIDs.

The viewership was low because it wasn't on twitch (and no powerhouses in the finals but thats nobody's fault)

IW itself has much more to do with the viewership being low than platform. I was only watching this weekend when Optic and Faze were on. Couldn't care less about IW as a game.

There's never any reason to offer a competing service other than money. Sure, mlg.tv is an inferior product, but if they play their cards right,they'll push twitch to add some better features.

Eh, MLG.tv isn't that bad, to be honest. I had a much better experience with it this weekend than I've had in the past.

Circling back to halo, I'd love to see points brought back. That would help get ams involved and help fill out these open brackets. Hypothetically if I got top 16 at StL i would be way more invested in going out to Denver.

Points are real rewards/incentives. Otherwise why would I as an am player even bother showing up for qualifying if there's only 7 NA slots and 8 pro teams and 30 teams at the event?

I hope you can attend! It's been a while since there was an open event in Europe and Gfinity's London arena is stunning, definitely not an event you want to miss out on!! 

The worry I have at the moment is finding a hotel room ASAP because London prices are terrifying! 

This is the part that worries me most and i need to wait until after xmas before ill really know if its possible.  Even hostels are fairly pricey!

But yeah, for a game that just came out, and considering it's CoD, the biggest of them all... 36k in he grand final is very poor.

Halo 5 beat that when it released, and is still beating it now, 15 months later. 41k in s2 finals was glorious.

Wow this so huge for our scene. Let's hope H6 continues this trend

This is the part that worries me most and i need to wait until after xmas before ill really know if its possible.  Even hostels are fairly pricey!

Gfinity guys! Glad to see some interest for the EU event. Me and my team are going to attend Gfinity as our first LAN (well, when we find a fourth). I've seen some hotels be fairly priced if you're willing to skimp on the niceties (£70 - £100 for 3 nights), though I have seen quite a few of the rooms going quickly.

Any EU guys thinking of attending, it shouldn't be overly expensive either, the other 2 players on my team are from Sweden and Spain, where they've found return flights for around £80 - £100.

• Upvote (+1) 2

you guys realize that MLG.tv isn't a new thing, right?  it launched in 2013 and failed spectacularly, to the point where Nadeshot had to sue MLG to get out of his exclusivity contract.  if it was ever going to be a thing, it would have been back then, when Twitch wasn't as healthy as it is now

Gfinity guys! Glad to see some interest for the EU event. Me and my team are going to attend Gfinity as our first LAN (well, when we find a fourth). I've seen some hotels be fairly priced if you're willing to skimp on the niceties (£70 - £100 for 3 nights), though I have seen quite a few of the rooms going quickly.

Any EU guys thinking of attending, it shouldn't be overly expensive either, the other 2 players on my team are from Sweden and Spain, where they've found return flights for around £80 - £100.

Good luck finding a fourth!  I really hope we get a good team turnout for that Event.

• Upvote (+1) 1