CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

But lack of exact matching pant is fucking disgusting.  This stream is fucked.  Disgraceful.

$1000 fine

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ive been relying on Beyond to keep me up to date. Might not be able to watch, but I have you lovely people to keep me in the loop. Based on the posts in this thread, sounds like another amateur hour production. I'll happily eat crow if I'm wrong, but am I?

Production isn't the best but that doesn't mean the whole event is a 'joke'. There has been a lot less down time than usual and the casters are doing a great job to keep the stream entertaining.

Making broad assumptions based on thread comments without an informed opinion of your own is always going to be a mistake and labelling the entire event a joke does a disservice to all the people who work hard due to their passion for Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Making broad assumptions based on thread comments without an informed opinion of your own is always going to be a mistake and labelling the entire event a joke does a disservice to all the people who work hard due to their passion for Halo.

Technically his opinion is informed, it's just his source is us.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Production isn't the best but that doesn't mean the whole event is a 'joke'. There has been a lot less down time than usual and the casters are doing a great job to keep the stream entertaining.

Making broad assumptions based on thread comments without an informed opinion of your own is always going to be a mistake and labelling the entire event a joke does a disservice to all the people who work hard due to their passion for Halo.

Damn thumbs, accidentally posted before typing anything.

You are correct, my only counter argument is the Bo5/Bo7 fiasco. That is inexcusable from a TO. Aside from that, while it may not generally be the best idea, from my time on these forums I've grown to have a generally high opinion of the thoughts from most of the posters here. I believe them when they list all the things going wrong. Also, working hard does not equal doing a good job.

However, based on those that have replied to me, it does sound like I was wrong for the most part and I happily admit that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Production isn't the best but that doesn't mean the whole event is a 'joke'. There has been a lot less down time than usual and the casters are doing a great job to keep the stream entertaining.

Making broad assumptions based on thread comments without an informed opinion of your own is always going to be a mistake and labelling the entire event a joke does a disservice to all the people who work hard due to their passion for Halo.

I'm generally on the "guys it's not that bad come on" train, but this whole EG best of 5/7 situation is actually a joke.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Rayne best on team don't disrespek don't @

He's pretty neat. 

Serious question: 

Could you convince him to change his tag to "Tinkler"? Works for Heinz, after all. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

You also said Halo CE was trash so yeaaaah don't @

• Upvote (+1) 3

Lets see how this goes this time...

Penguins not wrong. Don't @ me.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Quality in Action!

By: Millennial Esports Management  March 4, 2017

Earlier today a Losers Bracket Round 2 match between Splyce and Evil Geniuses was played. This match was intended to be a Best of 7, but only the first four games were competed. The series score was submitted as 3 - 1 in favor of Splyce. Upon validation of the results, the error was located and both teams were contacted immediately and returned to complete the match. The series was continued with Splyce leading 3-1, and has ended 4-1 in favorite of Splyce.

This was a result of a communication error on the part of Millennial Esports. We apologize to Splyce and Evil Geniuses, and thank them for their sportsmanship and understanding. No other matches were impacted as a result of this error, and we’ll ensure the rest of the tournament is played out as planned.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lethul mentioned it on the OpTic podcast that use of media/marketing to promote events is really important. Even though HCS (40.7k followers) and ME (49.2k followers) are tweeting out the stream, they don't have that many followers and so when they tweet, it doesn't go out to many people.

I would love to see the Halo twitter (857.4k followers) tweet a couple times a day about the stream other than that it started. We definitely should have more than 11k people watching.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Back when I casted COD, Hastro used to hate casting NV but it landed in the schedule so he went for it lol. T2 is calling this one down the line and I respect that.

Agreed, but he shouldn't be assigned to Str8's matches. T2 doing his best with the situation he is put in.

Lethul mentioned it on the OpTic podcast that use of media/marketing to promote events is really important. Even though HCS (40.7k followers) and ME (49.2k followers) are tweeting out the stream, they don't have that many followers and so when they tweet, it doesn't go out to many people.

I would love to see the Halo twitter (857.4k followers) tweet a couple times a day about the stream other than that it started. We definitely should have more than 11k people watching.

Xbox hasn't tweeted out the event and the last Halo tweet from the official twitter was 5 hours ago.

• Upvote (+1) 1