CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

everything else is irrelevent or at best window dressing.

nah that stuff is very important

but i agree with the spirit of your post

people really got mad at you for saying this, didn't they. 

i'm very sad right now, to be clear. 

Yeah.  Was watching at the driving range.  I may come off as a troll but I probably watch as much, if not more, Halo than 95% of the people here.  Dropping Devon and picking up Ogre2 was a desperation move.  Usually teams don't make desperate moves unless they are, well, desperate.  I guess EG could make a run at the Last Chance Tourney if there is one this year.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think what's missing from some people's post like CyReN's is the nuance of an actual conversation. I feel that if we were face to face he wouldn't be sounding upset or angry at all. I do agree that the forums here don't always get everything right and that people can get really personal and...well toxic.

But at the same time I feel that if we were all face to face we'd be able to see the little things like a person's tone of voice that we miss with only written words. In short, I don't think people are as upset as you think. I mean, I see about three people who non stop bitch about everything going "HOLY SHIT DID YOU SEE THAT".

I mean, if they truly hated it all that much they simply wouldn't be watching period.

Thats fair, I think we all want to see it succeed but we need to have a game that can initiate that, once we have then everything else will fall into place. What we see is just a by-product of where Halo is at right now unfortunately. Pray for H6.

The dudes on here who constantly and gleefully cheer for certain people to fail are such weirdos.

The superfans are a unique brand of interesting too.  Like that one guy who shills for cratos.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The dudes on here who constantly and gleefully cheer for certain people to fail are such weirdos.

Same goes for cratos?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ghost is just ripping EG.  Every time they do something stupid he's like, "oh man, WTF are they doing?"  LOL

• Upvote (+1) 1

The superfans are a unique brand of interesting too. Like that one guy who shills for cratos.

You mean Cratos?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Need a replay of that clutch, but slow as shit flag cap by Roy to tie the game.  It's like he needed a walker to get that in.

• Upvote (+1) 7

this is why showing some side station action is a good thing, for any who didn't think it was important. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ghost is 100% correct. One of EG's biggest issues is their seemingly complete lack of timely aggression.

Lunch is the only aggressive one