CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yeah I get that, and a side stream would be nice, but it just seems like such a random thing to complain about, considering how rarely in history we've actually gotten side streams and how many events have gone by in the past couple years without that being an issue. To me it just seems like a "shit, the event is actually going somewhat smoothly, better find something arbitrary to complain about" thing.

The grass is always greener on the other side though, right? Not like Gears and Rocket League esports don't have their own array of issues that we don't notice as casual spectators.

I think the side station talk has picked up because there's been 3-4 matches so far pushed off mainstage so Millenial doesn't run until Monday again. I get it, but this event seems to be missing a lot more recently.

• Upvote (+1) 5

No it's not that. I just think people can enjoy a smoothly ran event without complaining about everything. Anyone that seeks out these forums, this thread in particular, wants to see Halo succeed as an esport, and grow as much as possible.

I think that's where a lot of the feedback comes from, people are passionate about the scene / series and want it to grow again. Seeing a hobby of yours mismanaged (depends on person) can bring a lot of negative criticism with it. We all want to see Halo return to prime time again at the end of the day.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think the side station talk has picked up because there's been 3-4 matches so far pushed off mainstage so Millenial doesn't run until Monday again. I get it, but this event seems to be missing a lot more recently.

Since when is it a necessity that we watch every Winners/Losers Round 1 match? Most of them are blowouts and they gave us the best one on stream. The HCS team has been doing a good job getting the GOOD side stage matches on stream for the last few events. Str8 vs Inconceivable rings a bell.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's what you got out of my post? "Ahawowow is AGAINST side streams" is what you gathered from what I said? Take some reading comprehension or something and maybe think before you make your 500th post of the day. Christ.

holy shit dude chill out

• Downvote (-1) 1

The real question is, why are we so complacent instead of looking to improve? It's not like we got Brad and Billy backing the scene, IT'S MICROSOFT with their golden IP.

I get it guys, you don't want to be negative and stuff but maybe it's me getting more into Gears and Rocket League recently seeing how far back we are compared to those new esports. Maybe I'm the crazy one thinking we should strive not to be a tier 3 esport, issues continue that a lot of people start thinking it's acceptable and normal. I don't have all the answers, but I know sloppy when I see it.

I was going to type out a really long post but it's pretty simple really: I'm here to watch some high level Halo, listen/read the bants and peep some quality memes.

When I see one of the craziest endings to a game of Halo I've seen in the decade+ I've been watching, I expect to come here and see the forums ablaze (cue Community gif) not bringing up the scheduling and dogshit to that effect.

The train is on the tracks for this event, enjoy it.

• Upvote (+1) 8

i hope goldenboy sticks around after worlds this year, he and walshy are the only ones who make the commentary fun

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'd absolutely love a side stream.

But I'd settle for some onstream sidestation updates, and some look-ins. I don't understand why we gotta be left in the dark.

I don't understand why HCS team won't build on what has worked well. People loved UGC Red and Blue. People loved when we switched to side stations when the main stage match was over. Why wouldn't subsequent tournaments incorporate that stuff as a standard.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What's the update on optic and splyce? I miss when you guys used to talk about the matches that were going on...those were the days.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Isn't a side stream a good thing? Does it really matter if we haven't had it for X amount of time if we just all want it anyway? It seems like it's been a request for a while now so it should be no surprise by now.

What happened at OC? Didn't Wade basically get a video camera down on the floor and the casters grabbed a mic and they would cut to a side station? That's way better than periscope, and periscope is way better than nothing. Lack of a side stream was brought up day 1 and a solution was found early day 2.

I'm enjoying the match ups, but there are certainly ones that I want to see that were off stream. Any solution is better than none, and in this day and age I don't think the resources would be overwhelming for a 2nd station. It would be considered the "B" stream anyway and doesn't need the bells and whistles of main stage.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What's the update on optic and splyce? I miss when you guys used to talk about the matches that were going on...those were the days.

Should an optic 3-0 in about 30 seconds.  Dadbite is dominant.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Optic's so good, it's boring.

why is this a bo7 series so early on?

Because these matches determine top 6.

• Upvote (+1) 5

why is this a bo7  series so early on?

Winners Round 2 winners qualify for Worlds.

Therefore it's a Best of 7.

Winners Round 3 is among people already qualified for Worlds, so it's back to being a Bo5.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The only complaint I have is that they never seem to have the series layout graphics right. Either maps don't match pictures or gametypes are labeled incorrectly. It seems like such an easy thing to get correct but it almost never is.