CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Why does the scheduling for every HCS open event have to be such dogshit? I'm fairly positive that pro teams won't even know who and when they are playing until the event starts in 2 hours.

Something I was thinking about earlier while driving...

Teams sorted by Players' history before H5:

OpTic: Snakebite/Royal 2/Lethul have all won MLG events.  Frosty is new/started in H2A.

EnVy: Snipedown, Pistola have both won MLG events.  Mikwen won an event in H2A.  Huke is new, but was top CoD player.

Str8: Ace, APG, Heinz have all won MLG events.  Renegade is new.

LG: VictoryX and Ninja have won an MLG event.  (Ninja several H4 events).  eL ToWn was top 8 a few times in H2A.  Saiyan is new.

EG: Roy, Lunch, 2gre have all won MLG events.  Contra 3rd place in H2A.

Splyce: Shooter won RTX in H4.  Bubu, Shotzzy, and Falcated are new to the scene.

Pnda: Naded regularly finished top 8 in MLG events and has several 2nd places.  Str8 Sick plenty of top 8s and Bic Flex4 FFA wins.  Cratos 2 top 8s in Reach (Combine and Exhibition), broke top 8 in H4/H2A.  Danoxide is new.

Team Liquid: Rayne, Penguin, and Stellur are all new.  Eco/Unlegit started in H2A with 3 9-12th finishes and 1 7/8th in an 8 team tournament.

So among the top 8 teams, most have at least 2 players with rich history in competition from back in the MLG days.  Team Liquid is made entirely of "H5 kids"

• Upvote (+1) 3

Still catching up on like 60 pages, but had to respond to this. I'm having a daughter in April. So give her some time and we'll see what we can do. Although I may push her towards a more successful game with more money if Halo doesn't get off its ass.

Just wanted to pop in and say congrats man. I have a 3 y/o girl and they are the best. You will never have a hug like one from your little girl

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 5 is not more mechanically skillful on balance.

It IS more mechanically convoluted. Clawing or having paddles arent an extra anymore, theyre basically required.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Still catching up on like 60 pages, but had to respond to this. I'm having a daughter in April. So give her some time and we'll see what we can do. Although I may push her towards a more successful game with more money if Halo doesn't get off its ass.

Gongrats! My daughter is 14 and the love is beyond this world. You have an incredible journey coming!

And my daughter plays Halo with me sometimes. Not Halo5 of course because no split screen but we have done the Halo CE campaign together. Nothing can beat that!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Losers round 6 is about to be nuts. 4 hotly contested championship bracket spots available and all 4 series are going to be lit! Come on STD!!

I like how you left out ALG because it's also a team of "H5 kids" and would ruin your point. :simms:

He wasn't talking about amateur teams, sorry! Kappa

• Upvote (+1) 6

I like how you left out ALG because it's also a team of "H5 kids" and would ruin your point.  :simms:

Or because they're not a top 8 team based off current seeds?

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

13-16th still not filled in. 

Just millennial things.

Edit: Or did they not finish the open bracket? Idk cause that wasn't up to date.

Open Losers 6 will be played at the same time as Champion Winners R1 Heat 1 (first four matches) today at 10:30 Pacific.

After that, the winners of Open Losers 6 play immediately vs Champion Winners R1 Heat 2 (top 4 seeds vs 13-16)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I swear all of HCS issues are self inflicted and pretty easy to fix, really don't like to see community members having to resort to making their own brackets..

As par with most HCS events these days with "things will get better". I really hope they can ramp up each day to finally have the bare minimum up by Sunday.

They are literally all self-inflicted. There's not one consistent issue that comes to mind that is not easily solvable by whoever the fuck is actually running this shitshow.

13-16th still not filled in. 

Just millennial things.

Edit: Or did they not finish the open bracket? Idk cause that wasn't up to date.

they didn't finish the open bracket  ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Splyce-alg

Eg vs cryptik

Both should be streamed on main stage. The only three interesting series for first round are those two, plus pnda vs 3sUp first round game

• Upvote (+1) 2

Splyce-alg

Eg vs cryptik

Both should be streamed on main stage. The only three interesting series for first round are those two, plus pnda vs 3sUp first round game

This games have to be streamed.

Sad EG has to play Cryptik instead of Lethal because of the dumb conversion from Open bracket to Champ bracket. 

• Upvote (+1) 2