CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Bubu is possibly teaming with Stellur again? That's great, but I still get images of Bubu going and camping at the beginning of a coliseum ctf game during pro leauge...you know, back when everybody's family was in danger. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Time to realise hes still not coming back

Sadly losing on Optic CoD is a better career choice than winning in Halo:P That's the castle Hecz built tho, Optic and especially Optic CoD is goals for most people on console i'd imagine. 

General called his dad from the family jet and the next time hitch looked at his camera he found pictures of his family with today's date on them. *plays x files theme song, flashes shitty e6 logo*

It's not about the money or the brand. Ask anyone if they rather be a world champion or be on optic, and they will say champion, if they don't they are brainwashed into thinking losing is ok.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'd love to see some new orgs in the scene. Will be interesting what we see closer to Worlds. My issue is that all of the good teams are signed by orgs. The top AMs aren't "worth" the branding of say a Fnatic or TSM. We will see though. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

My issue is that all of the good teams are signed by orgs. The top AMs aren't "worth" the branding of say a Fnatic or TSM. We will see though. 

this is the issue

i know some bigger orgs are interested in halo but they aren't interested in attaching their brand to a subpar team

• Upvote (+1) 1

this is the issue

i know some bigger orgs are interested in halo but they aren't interested in attaching their brand to a subpar team

Nobody wants to sign plat kids 

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's not about the money or the brand. Ask anyone if they rather be a world champion or be on optic, and they will say champion, if they don't they are brainwashed into thinking losing is ok.

Optic played like dog meat on Friday/Saturday so them getting top 6 actually isnt bad. And they lost to faze whos getting top 2 at least

Wasn't MLG supposed to be this Holy entity that can't do anything wrong.

lenoxcoolgamer had a lot to do with that - he is a god in the esports industry. mlg is innovating though, bound to be hiccups

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hopefully they learn from this... I'm afraid of Halo getting stuck behind the MLG.tv wall. Twitch is the place to be for esports. I understand competition and all that, but Halo isn't in the state to be a flagship game for another streaming service. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

this is the issue

I think this is the fault of esl and the hcs format. If am teams had more ability to break in and could face the pro teams more often *open lans* then i think we'd see a lot less separation between the bottom of pro league and the top of the am teams. As it stands, there is almost no reason for top teams to seriously scrim an am team

• Upvote (+1) 2

Part of me thinks the reason MLG is only streaming Vegas on Mlgtv is because they need all the add revenue. I hope that is not the case. 

With overwatch viewership decreasing and gears not growing fast enough (still growing well though!) and with call of duty in the state that it is in MLG could be in trouble. 

Hope im wrong. Still Have my OG MLG hoodie from 9th grade. 

• Downvote (-1) 7

These posts always make me laugh.

MLG and ESL aren't perfect, but let's not act like competitive Halo wasn't in a severe downward slope until last weekend with epic matches and HCS / ESL finally adding shit the community asked for over the last few years.

AGL could run Halo at this point as long as it's ran right. People pointed to MLG because of their lengthy and successful history with Halo, plus being able to communicate with the community here is pretty awesome too.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I dont see Formal coming back, unless maybe for one LAN for a laugh and such. Any CoD Pro id like though (if we exclude the former Halo pros) is probably Aches.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Optic cod just had a lackluster event. Time to start back up the Formal to halo discussion

More importantly, it's more enjoyable to drink Dimetapp than to play IW.

Obviously he's not leaving though

• Upvote (+1) 1

The quality of the stream and audio issues have kinda messed with the event a bit, but the stats and ability to watch only certain viewpoints is fucking awesome.

• Upvote (+1) 5

spartan, cratos, el town, and suspector running tonight

Same as last night... 2016 Worlds Allegiance - Naded + Spartan. I know Spartan & El Town are also close friends as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The way ESL and 343 are going about next season is actually amazing. It's been rough but I'm incredibly excited for the future  :D

• Upvote (+1) 6