CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't think this discussion has any real meaning; lore should have absolutely no impact on game mechanics.

Well, of course we all think that. A lot of people play the game for its campaign and would be upset at that change so I'm just providing a way for 343 to explain that lorewise that makes as much sense as anything else in the plot.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well, of course we all think that. A lot of people play the game for its campaign and would be upset at that change so I'm just providing a way for 343 to explain that lorewise that makes as much sense as anything else in the plot.

Why can't campaign and multiplayer have different mechanics?

Why can't campaign and multiplayer have different mechanics?

If you're asking me, my answer would be that there's no reason for them to not have different mechanics.

If you're asking 343 devs, they would probably say something about "immersion"

I swear all of HCS issues are self inflicted and pretty easy to fix, really don't like to see community members having to resort to making their own brackets..

As par with most HCS events these days with "things will get better". I really hope they can ramp up each day to finally have the bare minimum up by Sunday.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can you H5 GD kids crawl back in your hole?

Isn't this thread "the hole"?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 8

EG vs Ryannoob Team is going to be intense.

I can't shake the feeling that I'm about to witness Zeke's revenge against RoyBox and 2gre, five years in the making.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I swear all of HCS issues are self inflicted and pretty easy to fix, really don't like to see community members having to resort to making their own brackets..

As par with most HCS events these days with "things will get better". I really hope they can ramp up each day to finally have the bare minimum up by Sunday.

Yeah this is the first time in a while that I've been unable to find an up-to-date open bracket after the first day of matches. Hope it doesn't continue.

• Upvote (+1) 3

it's the only halo where mechanics supercede most other traits 

And that's because we still have radar :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

And that's because we still have radar :(

No. the mechanical aspect of this game is harder than older Halos. A simple flag run in this game is more mechanical intensive than older Halos.

No. the mechanical aspect of this game is harder than older Halos. A simple flag run in this game is more mechanical intensive than older Halos.

Yeah and I can sneeze while I'm turning and hit a noscope with the Halo 5 sniper

It's actually pretty funny that every Halo event recently has had shit production (except UK). 

Yeah and I can sneeze while I'm turning and hit a noscope with the Halo 5 sniper

The fact that some aspects are easier doesn't mean others aren't harder. H5 requires a ton of mechanical skill, disagreeing with that is frankly a bit silly.
  • Upvote (+1) 7

Stoked for the weekend, figured i dropped this gem in here! Sorry @@Spartan

Hope to see one of these on the main stage!!!!! Disclaimer: this is not me.... I wish LOL. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

What time does the stream go live today and will it be starting right off in the Champ bracket?

PST - 10:30 AM 
EST - 1:30 PM 
GMT - 6:30 PM

and no i think there 1 or 2 more open bracket teams still have to qualify 
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Missed the whole first day for 15 hours worth of flights. Today is going to be pure hype. Can't. Fucking. Wait. 

Never made predictions for qualifiers so...

1. OG

2. TL

3. nV

4. EG

5. Str8

6. Splyce

7. ALG

• Upvote (+1) 3

The fact that some aspects are easier doesn't mean others aren't harder. H5 requires a ton of mechanical skill, disagreeing with that is frankly a bit silly.

The question isn't whether Halo 5 requires a ton of mechanical skill. The question is whether it requires more mechanical skill than every other halo game.

There are arguments for both sides, obviously. For example, you can chain together spartan abilities in Halo 5 to do some interesting stuff but at the same time clambering makes many jumps extremely easy.

The question isn't whether Halo 5 requires a ton of mechanical skill. The question is whether it requires more mechanical skill than every other halo game.

There are arguments for both sides, obviously. For example, you can chain together spartan abilities in Halo 5 to do some interesting stuff but at the same time clambering makes many jumps extremely easy.

Locomotion is more complex than other halos, even with clamber. Hell some jumps that require clamber also require a bunch of other shit first. (Complexity shouldn't be confused with depth though).

Aiming mechanics are also strangely complex (ie fucked), despite aim assist reducing the aim skill gap overall.

So yeah id say this game requires a mechanical skill that other halo's dont. But that not neccisarily a good thing. Id trade complexity for depth in a heartbeat

• Upvote (+1) 3

Always cool to see more women on Halo teams, would be cool to see some female members on a pro team one day.

Still catching up on like 60 pages, but had to respond to this. I'm having a daughter in April. So give her some time and we'll see what we can do. Although I may push her towards a more successful game with more money if Halo doesn't get off its ass.

• Upvote (+1) 3