CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Hey gents, hope all is well. Any stream feedback you wish me to pass on? Event is incredible, team is making tweaks and super receptive to any critiques weve passed on so far.

Is there better videos that can be shown during downtime to replace the warzone/forgelab ones?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would rather have a black screen than see a video about Foundry and Warzone montages one more time

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really enjoyed AM day we had some pretty hype matches.

I agree! As the game goes on you start to see more players rise to the occasion and that's awesome. It was also great to be able to interview some new faces too.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I agree! As the game goes on you start to see more players rise to the occasion and that's awesome. It was also great to be able to interview some new faces too.

Really enjoyed your commentery today especially with Ghost! Keep up the good work.

• Upvote (+1) 6

It helps when AMs get more opportunities to play against pros

That's great but I wish he did something about it during day 1

Idk why this was even an issue in the first place, that's what bothers me the most about the whole thing

I mean they updated the bracket one time, so clearly they could edit the bracket they just chose not to

Edit: overall it was a great day

Edit 2: I almost forgot about the seeding for champ bracket being based on map win % instead of hcs points, pretty sad stuff

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's great but I wish he did something about it during day 1

Idk why this was even an issue in the first place, that's what bothers me the most about the whole thing

I mean they updated the bracket one time, so clearly they could edit the bracket they just chose not to

Edit: overall it was a great day

Edit 2: I almost forgot about the seeding for champ bracket being based on map win % instead of hcs points, pretty sad stuff

No arguments from me here. These are things that just shouldn't ever occur.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Glad to hear that the stream went well and the viewers at home had an okay experience.

From an amateur competitor this was an unbelievably poor run event. Between taking 3 hours to start some wbr1 series, to not having a bracket all day, and even to millenial CHANGING the bracket after half of wbr1 had been completed. Sad to see the most attended event be so poorly run.

Side note- Overall thoughts on the venue is very nice, cramped with 55 open bracket teams and definitely couldn't handle more than 64. Main stage looks awesome though.

@@FrankTheShow, should we trust him?

Absolutely, good to see more effort being put in, that's a positive, now let's see if they deliver.

It's unfortunate, however, that every event we have to remind tournament organizers and stream producers how to do their jobs, that is unacceptable.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Idk if this is the right place for it but if you guys want to follow 3sUP, I mean, we tweet out random stuff all day but also I have been uploading vlogs of each day as best I can.

Had 0 clue you still played Halo and I'm even more shocked you have 92k YT subs (not in a bad way).

Nice dude.

At first I wasn't digging the whole raw, uncut Halo vlog thing, but it's growing on me. Guess I kind of got used to EVERY vlog having quick cuts while the person moves onto their next sentence.

@@TheSimms - dope job dude. Maybe add a little bit of background music during the whole thing and bump up the volume when you're walking around and not talking. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is there a champ bracket w/ all the AM teams seeded in someplace?

C'mon dude, you are asking too much. I would understand if you wanted to see results on the screen during the ongoing match, but the whole bracket ? Seriously dude, that is too much to ask around here.

https://clips.twitch.tv/CleverSpoopyTeaPicoMause

Daryl Morey (rockets gm) shouting out sundance from the Sloan conference

https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/837702452623392768

Idk if this is the right place for it but if you guys want to follow 3sUP, I mean, we tweet out random stuff all day but also I have been uploading vlogs of each day as best I can.

https://youtu.be/k9mxFG2ZggI

https://youtu.be/tUPA_6UPUZ4

Good stuff

Can't believe they didn't show 3sUp vs second nature (catastrophe).

It's unfortunate, however, that every event we have to remind tournament organizers and stream producers how to do their jobs, that is unacceptable.

Agreed.

Same reason they can't get rid of sprint. Imagine if the next version of Spartans can't run but the previous version could. Doesn't make sense for the story

"The enemy has upgraded weapons that have been cutting through our normal Spartan gear like a hot knife through butter. This new armor will protect you, but at a slight cost to your mobility. Something tells me you won't mind, Chief".

See? It's a shifty explanation with bad dialogue but it's already better than psycho Cortana coming back to life

• Upvote (+1) 5

"The enemy has upgraded weapons that have been cutting through our normal Spartan gear like a hot knife through butter. This new armor will protect you, but at a slight cost to your mobility. Something tells me you won't mind, Chief".

See? It's a shifty explanation with bad dialogue but it's already better than psycho Cortana coming back to life

I don't think this discussion has any real meaning; lore should have absolutely no impact on game mechanics.

• Upvote (+1) 1