CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

61 teams for a 50k. Not bad. Cant wait to see how Splyce do.

55 teams when I looked at the bracket

Who is competing under the name Believe the Hype??

Probably Cloud's team if I were to guess

edit: looks like it's Demon D's team

• Upvote (+1) 1

i find it odd that someone's gamertag is also heartburn medicine.

"next on mainstage is nexium. with nexium you have 4 shots and 0 heartburn guaranteed."

H5 is 34th on Twitch right now during an event and you wonder why bigger tournament orgs want nothing to do with the game.

esl is the biggest esports TO on planet earth?

• Upvote (+1) 2

about time my boy frostbite shows world what he's about he's always been this good just never got the chance to be on a top team and he deserves to be one of the best in the game with the snipe

U following winter soldier too? i'm rooting for my friend tripjaz :D

Why do all of the events look like they are being played at your neighborhood strip club? The lighting is always abysmal. Makes the caster/analyst desks look even worse than it really is

Been saying this for a long time lights are cool but there needs to be more white lights

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not bad so far actually for the first day of an event, been a couple hiccups and that one long break but AM games are actually pretty entertaining, casting is solid, audio has mostly been good, production seems smooth overall.

@@TheSimms suggestions for tomorrow: Actual countdown timer for breaks, caster and analyst desk could be a bit more well lit as others have suggested, wouldn't mind cutting to caster desk before a series starts either to just show who is casting.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What happened to golden boy?? He tweeted something about walshy....is there beef between them?

No, Walshy just regularly partakes in banter with his co-casters. We've seen multiple instances of banter between Walshy and Goldenboy, Strongside, GH057ayme, Towey, and more.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What happened to golden boy?? He tweeted something about walshy....is there beef between them?

I dont think it was anything serious

• Upvote (+1) 5

Start was little rough, but I am having good time watching this event so far.

Tweaks coming to main desk for tomorrow, team is already aware and discussed with us. Massive credit to Millennial they are really engaging all talent team for feedback and have taken what ive passed from here.

Might I suggest changing the camera angle as well?

The top down angle looks horrible. Scientifically, cameras from a top down angle make the presenter look "weaker" as the viewer is looking down on them. Having the talent SLIGHTLY higher in frame than the camera, make them look more "powerful" because they're being looked up to. I'm sure they're trying to capture the main stage in the background, but the top down looks pretty bad.  I dont think you really lose anything by angling the cameras better, and scrapping the backdrop of the main stage, as its barely in view anyway. I do however, think you have more to gain by having a "stronger" looking talent desk. 

"Low Angle Shot"

A shot looking up at a character or subject often making them look bigger in the frame. It can make everyone look heroic and/or dominant. Also good for making cities look empty.

"High Angle Shot"

A shot looking down on a character or subject often isolating them in the frame. Nothing says Billy No Mates like a good old high angle shot.

and a different source for more: 

http://learnaboutfilm.com/film-language/picture/camera-position/

and another: 

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/explora/video/tips-and-solutions/filmmaking-101-camera-shot-types

• Upvote (+1) 5

Tweaks coming to main desk for tomorrow, team is already aware and discussed with us. Massive credit to Millennial they are really engaging all talent team for feedback and have taken what ive passed from here.

Glad to hear, Team shots need to be brighter as well if possible, and if you can player cams adjusted to where we can see the players not just the out line,

Thanks for being the bomb Simms good stuff today as well and to the rest of the team I know Friday is always fun to work out kinks.

this may not be what you can control, but can we get previous series highlights during the downtime

Turn up the brightness

If you're talking about in game then it's the players settings. Rammy and Penguin turn it way down.

If you're talking about in game then it's the players settings. Rammy and Penguin turn it way down.

I wish observer mode was good enough so we didn't need to have 8 PoVs captures with different brightness settings, just looks lame :/

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm sure this joke has already been made, but the lighting looks like they are in a strip club. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

And they still can't get the map visuals right. You have to try and make these mistakes man there is no way this keeps happening by accident.

• Downvote (-1) 1