CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

off topic but with Breath of the Wild being hailed as the greatest game this generation, and Horizon also being amazing, what does the XBOX One even offer anymore to gamers?  The only reason I even own this system is for Halo and this franchise is essentially dead and 5.9ft under.  Gears flopped, Scalebound was cancelled, Halo is in hospice, and PS4 has COD rights.  What is it going to take to make XBOX great again?

Viva Piñata 3 

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 5

off topic but with Breath of the Wild being hailed as the greatest game this generation, and Horizon also being amazing, what does the XBOX One even offer anymore to gamers? The only reason I even own this system is for Halo and this franchise is essentially dead and 5.9ft under. Gears flopped, Scalebound was cancelled, Halo is in hospice, and PS4 has COD rights. What is it going to take to make XBOX great again?

EG's ressuragance

• Upvote (+1) 2

You guys ever notice that when the eSports community asks for something -  6 months to a year later, we get some half baked compromise instead? 

:sleeping:  :sleeping:  :sleeping:

So my sister wasn't great at school, meanwhile I was an A student. My parents were more pleased when my sister went from a D to a C than when I got all A for multiple report cards in a row.

343 has been delivering us low grades for a while excuse us for being happy when they improve. Its Halo and like a parent loves their children, I will love Halo whether it is straight A student like H3 was or the C student that H5 is.

I do not condone the failures of 343 I simply acknowledge that improvement should be praised.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah ppl use sprint, slide, stabilise and clamber all the time, so this new radar might not make such a big difference. Still better then nothing and it will give players some new opportunities how to approach situations.

I think you missed the point..... if anything, the fact that people use that all the time means it WILL make a big difference, because now abilities that were/are so common/rampant now have a distinct trade-off to consider before using. I know I'll be using them less, or just more strategically.

As Arena or 4s play stands right now, why ever walk somewhere when you can sprint or thrust+slide? The only pro to walking is you have your gun up, but you also take considerably longer to get where you're going.

With the Arena changes, do I now want to sprint or fly "loudly" to that location, or would I like to travel there without anyone being aware? It makes a big fucking difference lol.

Are they actually considering SA only radar?

That would be so dumb.

The only good thing about SAs is how they can be used to aggressively push. Why would you want to punish that?

Sometimes I want to be really mean, but then I think "he might have a disability," and I back off.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Latest Optic podcast featuring 3/4 of the Halo team. I'm only half way through but it's a really interesting listen

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm curious how time and effort will go into implementing a SA only radar when it would take like 10 seconds to just turn it off?

I'll await the "it plays too chaotic responses"

As someone who has played ~100 games of no radar, it's a legitimate argument. You end up with 3-4 minute flag games consistently.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Someone tell Summit.

334f36fec0d8ac13930eefaaf0389609.png

Might be too late. Isnt he on a full CSGO grind now? is he on a competitive team again?

Best we can hope for is he plays it casually like how most of the halo guys are playing h1z1 now 

Eh, I wouldn't say that H5's sniper exceeds ALL compared to previous iterations, there are pros and cons to each. No descope H4 sniper was pretty OP IMO and the H2 sniper rifle ROF pretty much guaranteed a two shot to the body kill. With that being said there are definitely some things with our sniper rifle that I would love to change to make the weapon more skillful to use. 

And yes, I am on the sandbox team and yes, I would love to tackle the automatics as well. 

3nxPTwW.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

off topic but with Breath of the Wild being hailed as the greatest game this generation, and Horizon also being amazing, what does the XBOX One even offer anymore to gamers?  The only reason I even own this system is for Halo and this franchise is essentially dead and 5.9ft under.  Gears flopped, Scalebound was cancelled, Halo is in hospice, and PS4 has COD rights.  What is it going to take to make XBOX great again?

why yall hating

this is the truth

xbox aint shit for the most part anymore, no good exclusives

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Hmm, thought I would see everyone stoked about the changes they've made.

I realize they took way too long to make the changes, but it at least shows that they are willing to make sandbox changes to core weapons. And Neighbor said they are going to look at automatics.

I'm going to count it as a win.

Also, I know I am 100% going to be alone on this one, but I'm pleasantly surprised to see that silenced weapons actually have some sort of use now. Before they were just quieter clones.

Ya it's good they made changes, but I think most people at this point are either waiting for halo 6 or praying for h3a.

why yall hating

this is the truth

xbox aint shit for the most part anymore, no good exclusives

It's really hard to answer the question without shitposting. It's also extremely off topic- even for this thread.

If Xbox is struggling because the games aren't good, then it needs better games. What more can be said?

• Upvote (+1) 1

That would be so dumb.

The only good thing about SAs is how they can be used to aggressively push. Why would you want to punish that?

If you sprint around everywhere you should be at a disadvantage.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That would be so dumb.

Theres nothing good about any SA's. Only one that could be argued is thrust, but a good responsive strafe is still way better than that shit.

It's really hard to answer the question without shitposting. It's also extremely off topic- even for this thread.

If Xbox is struggling because the games aren't good, then it needs better games. What more can be said?

I agree with this but in my head the XBOX being garbage is one of the biggest reasons I think Halo needs to move comp to PC. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Might be too late. Isnt he on a full CSGO grind now? is he on a competitive team again?

Best we can hope for is he plays it casually like how most of the halo guys are playing h1z1 now 

Yeah he's playing CS like 99% of the time right now he likely won't stream much H5 until the current ESEA season ends in a couple of weeks.

Crackdown 3 looks pretty sick. Fully destructible online MP sandbox  :ace:

I agree with this but in my head the XBOX being garbage is one of the biggest reasons I think Halo needs to move comp to PC. 

Phil Spencer has been doing a GREAT job, Don Mattrick did alot of damage to the brand this generation.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Really doesn't matter were comp is if the game is built appropriately for it target hardware.

Halo would need to be completely retooled to be a competitive PC title. I doubt you'd ever see returns on THAT investment. It would also have to be released outside of the windows store for pc players to be interested. Doubt that will ever happen. They should make a ground-up high quality PC port of every halo game going forward though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It doesn't punish spartan abilities anymore than they already are already punished.

Today, When you decide to "agressively push" your are trading your ability to stay off radar in exchange for the ability to quickly pressure a location. A SA only radar doesn't change that. It simply removes the punishment from players who are exceeding walk speed.

What an SA only radar DOES do, is give you an option to push stealthily, without having to crouch-walk. This nerfs corner camping and require more heightened-awareness than current settings.

It doesn't solve the "free information" dilemma. But it does give players more options to control when they are broadcasting info.

"removes the punishment from players who are at walk speed."

That is punishing SA use.

If you remove radar at all times except when you're holding a plasma caster, you're punishing plasma caster usage.

People will be less likely to use a caster with this type of radar than they would with a default radar.

People will he more tenative to use SAs in aggresive manners with an SA only radar.

I hope the people at 343i listen to that podcast. One of my favorite parts of the podcast. https://oddshot.tv/s/5CnH6i

LOL.  The only reason OG is even good at H5 is because of all the garbage that makes it a fake Halo game.  OG would be nothing if this was a classic Halo game like CE or H2.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 21

LOL.  The only reason OG is even good at H5 is because of all the garbage that makes it a fake Halo game.  OG would be nothing if this was a classic Halo game like CE or H2.

Are you aware that OG, former CLG were top2 team in H2A wich was, you know, classic Halo ?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah about this Halo 5 update: http://teambeyond.net/halo-5-balance-update-radar-sniper/

That should have been done the 2nd month this game came out, but with auto rifle changes as well. Too little much too late 343i, again you impress me. If anybody from 343i is on here I have some wisdom to drop on you. Think about this: every Halo has been played with no radar with increased competitiveness, if this Halo can't be played with no radar, is radar the problem or is the game the problem?

• Upvote (+1) 6