CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The Sniper is being nerfed next week, as well as a Plasma Caster nerf, fix for the Grenade Launcher and radar options being added for testing.

q3WQyni.png

Specifically for radar:

A9AXCGy.png

1ckbCBW.png

This is being tested starting March 9th in a single playlist. It is purely a test for now and all feedback is being taken into account.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/patch-party

What if we just get cheesed...

Like 2 months from now they say:

"After significant testing and feedback from the community, we have decided to leave the radar as it was during the HWC season and buffed the automatics to better the overall balance of the game."

And the feedback they took was just a poll on Reddit from Reiku or something...

I really hope this is me just being my overly-cynical self.

@@Neighbor Can we please add Banshees and Warthogs into competitive play? I don't know why we've never gotten this after 7 competitive halo titles.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

@@Neighbor Can we please add Banshees and Warthogs into competitive play? I don't know why we've never gotten this after 7 competitive halo titles.

mods??

• Upvote (+1) 4

Radar testing coming in soon. Everyone should be happy.

https://imgur.com/a/QGDH8

Yes. Let's all be happy that after a year and a half they're finally starting to take a look at something the competitive community has been literally screaming about since launch. Because everything is being ran just fine.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Anyone have the schedule for this weekend? Tried to google it but I don't have the time to sort through a bunch of bullshit and didn't see it at first glance

Anyone have the schedule for this weekend? Tried to google it but I don't have the time to sort through a bunch of bullshit and didn't see it at first glance

Friday

- Open Bracket -
PST - 10:30 AM 
EST - 1:30 PM 
GMT - 6:30 PM 

Saturday

- Championship Bracket -

- FFA Qualifier Rounds -
PST - 2:30 PM 
EST - 5:30 PM 
GMT - 10:30 PM

Sunday

- Championship Bracket -

- FFA Finals -
PST - 3:00 PM 
EST - 6:00 PM 
GMT - 11:00 PM  

• Upvote (+1) 8

Historically, all of our hitscan snipers have been extremely easy to use while scoped in i.e. H2, Reach, H4. I personally think that the sniper hip fire is an issue that our team wanted to tackle first. I wish I was allowed to tune more within this update but hopefully this will be a good starting point.

The H2 sniper is definitely far worse than the H5 one, but that doesn't mean the H5 one is that great in this regard. I would say that a hitscan sniper should actually be harder to aim than a projectile based one though since you have less to account for as it is just point and shoot. The H3 sniper is by far the best sniper we've had in the series, in terms of aim assist while zoomed, and I'd like to see the H5 sniper (or future snipers in the series) to be closer to its levels of aim assist. At the end of the day , the sniper should be the hardest gun in the game which it simply isn't in H5. I truly appreciate the no-scope nerf though, it was needed.

While we've got you here, any chance that the Grenade Launcher makes an appearance in Team Arena settings now that it has been fixed?

Friday

- Open Bracket -

Saturday

- Championship Bracket -

- FFA Qualifier Rounds -

Sunday

- Championship Bracket -

- FFA Finals -

Hero. Thanks

Eh, I wouldn't say that H5's sniper exceeds ALL compared to previous iterations, there are pros and cons to each. No descope H4 sniper was pretty OP IMO and the H2 sniper rifle ROF pretty much guaranteed a two shot to the body kill. With that being said there are definitely some things with our sniper rifle that I would love to change to make the weapon more skillful to use. 

And yes, I am on the sandbox team and yes, I would love to tackle the automatics as well. 

I'm going to upvote every one of your posts in the hope that it gives you a warm fuzzy feeling inside so you keep returning to these forums. Thankyou good sir.

Yes. Let's all be happy that after a year and a half they're finally starting to take a look at something the competitive community has been literally screaming about since launch. Because everything is being ran just fine.

Yes, let's.

?

Good video. I know what's causing our sniper to hit 100% of the time from hip at that range and I will definitely investigate further into this issue.

Im really glad that yall have been allowed to make the changes you want. It seems like 343 locked the pros away and are now realizing you know what youre talking about

343 stopped hiring 1.8 GPA interns and is now using people who actually cares for their damn games? Nice.

tumblr_o9ujhurxVO1vz2c9ho2_540.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

16 months of feedback?  16 ? Seriously ? I feel that at this point, 343i is just fucking with us for the sake of it.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

343 stopped hiring 1.8 GPA interns and is now using people who actually cares for their damn games? Nice.

tumblr_o9ujhurxVO1vz2c9ho2_540.gif

Dankest of gifs have my green arrows

• Upvote (+1) 1

Friday

- Open Bracket -

Saturday

- Championship Bracket -

- FFA Qualifier Rounds -

Sunday

- Championship Bracket -

- FFA Finals -

Hmm I don't see the most important time zone in there.

• Upvote (+1) 2