3. nV

4. Panda

5. Splyce

6. Str8

7. ALG

8. LG

9.EG

Explain.

Sure, if the tournament was setup like a normal tourney, then seeding would be based soley on recent performance- making seeds an accurate representation of a teams strength leading up to Vegas.

The champ bracket WOULD be as follows:

OG, TL, nV, Str8, Splyce, LG, , EG, ALG, Pnda.

As you can see ALG and Splyce have proven themselves to be stronger than Pro teams.

However, 343 decided to give pro teams extra seeding points- arbitrarily. As such the seedings dont reflect the strength of the teams.

Thanks to this nonsense, If a team finishes first in the open bracket they have to go against Splyce in the first round. But recent performance suggest they'd be better off going up against LG,Pnda, or EG.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Vegas Pedictions

1. OG

2. Liquid

3. Splyce

4 nV

5. LG "most likely str8"

6. Str8

7. Alg

8. EG

9. 3'sUp

Top 16 = Pnda

• Upvote (+1) 1

snakebite in particular to be honest.  I swear he can read the chat with one eye and reply to it while playing with the other eye.  Chameleon-style.

lmfao

Vegas Prediction

1. OpTic

2. Liquid

3. nV

4. Splyce

5. Str8 

6. ALG

7. Pnda

8. EG

3sUp and LG Landing in Top 12

ALG does have the chance to get bracket fucked again, which could see them place 8th max. If that happens, EG top 6, Pnda still in 7th.

Flames team 

Hell he might play well with less pressure and just for fun. 

Sure, if the tournament was setup like a normal tourney, then seeding would be based soley on recent performance- making seeds an accurate representation of a teams strength leading up to Vegas.

The champ bracket WOULD be as follows:

OG, TL, nV, Str8, Splyce, LG, , EG, ALG, Pnda.

As you can see ALG and Splyce have proven themselves to be stronger than Pro teams.

However, 343 decided to give pro teams extra seeding points- arbitrarily. As such the seedings dont reflect the strength of the teams.

Thanks to this nonsense, If a team finishes first in the open bracket they have to go against Splyce in the first round. But recent performance suggest they'd be better off going up against LG,Pnda, or EG.

Even if they did that system, being in the 10-12 seed range is still the best option for an easier first round. Winning am would only mean more if there was a 32 team bracket in champ

Honestly curious why are people ranking ALG so low

I'm starting to change my opinion of them. They seem to be coming together, I might even place them as challenging for t4.

Even if they did that system, being in the 10-12 seed range is still the best option for an easier first round. Winning am would only mean more if there was a 32 team bracket in champ

No, in a normal system the better your rank, the weaker your opponent.

Let's say ALG wins the open bracket:

9th (ALG) seed is the 8th strongest team.

8th (Splyce) seed is the 5th strongest team.

7th (Pnda) seed is the 9th strongest team.

6th (EG) seed is the 7th strongest team.

5th (LG) seed is the 6th strongest team.

So in a normal system ALG WOULD be going up against the 9th strongest team, not the 5th. They are screwed by winning the open.

10th seed would NORMALLY play the 7th strongest team, but is instead playing the 9th,

11th seed would NORMALLY play the 6th strongest team, but is instead playing the 7th

12th seed would NORMALLY play the 5th strongest team, but is instead playing the 6th

now once you get to 4th seed v 13th seed things appear to even out, but you have to factor in the 16000 point allocation deincentived participation in online cups. Splyce and ALG likely could have proven stronger than more Pro teams given more opportunities, but there was no reason to. Also keep in mind that STLs seeding was also fucked for AMs.

All of the AM teams have matches that are easier than they should be- except splyce and ALG who have matches that are harder than they should be (against each other) You've got two top 8 teams meeting in the first round. The whole point of seeding is to avoid such an occurrence.

To your point, it doesn't matter if a bracket is 16 teams or 128, arbitrary considerations should never be allowed to effect the integrity of the seeding. It should be all about previous performance.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm starting to change my opinion of them. They seem to be coming together, I might even place them as challenging for t4.

Everyone has them placing below splyce and losing to them in 8v9. That matchup is not cut and dry. Its a toss up alg have a big 50/50 chance of winning that series

No, in a normal system the better your rank, the weaker your opponent.

Let's say ALG wins the open bracket:

9th (ALG) seed is the 8th strongest team.

8th (Splyce) seed is the 5th strongest team.

7th (Pnda) seed is the 9th strongest team.

6th (EG) seed is the 7th strongest team.

5th (LG) seed is the 6th strongest team.

So in a normal system ALG WOULD be going up against the 9th strongest team, not the 5th. They are screwed by winning the open.

10th seed would NORMALLY play the 7th strongest team, but is instead playing the 9th,

11th seed would NORMALLY play the 6th strongest team, but is instead playing the 7th

12th seed would NORMALLY play the 5th strongest team, but is instead playing the 6th

now once you get to 4th seed v 13th seed things appear to even out, but you have to factor in the 16000 point allocation deincentived participation in online cups. Splyce and ALG likely could have proven stronger than more Pro teams given more opportunities, but there was no reason to.

All of the AM teams have matches that are easier than they should be- except splyce and ALG who have matches that are harder than they should be (against each other) You've got two top 8 teams meeting in the first round. The whole point of seeding is to avoid such an occurrence.

To your point, it doesn't matter if a bracket is 16 teams or 128, arbitrary considerations should never be allowed to effect the integrity of the seeding. It should be all about previous performance.

ALG already has 9thbseed because of points. Though we don't know if they're using pints or the shitty way they did at ugc where games lost factor in

Edit: I get it now, but I just think you're wrong. There isn't that big of a gap between the teams to clearly say who is the weaker matchup right now except for a select few

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe slightly unrelated, but I just played against SnakeBite in Assault and it's kinda ridiculous how good pros are even when they're just chilling.

Same thing happened to me when that playlist first came out. He dropped 55 kills like it was nothing.

ALG already has 9thbseed because of points. Though we don't know if they're using pints or the shitty way they did at ugc where games lost factor in

Edit: I get it now, but I just think you're wrong. There isn't that big of a gap between the teams to clearly say who is the weaker matchup right now except for a select few

If you think I'm wrong then you don't get it. Because I'm objectively right. I've shown you the math. It doesn't matter how big the gaps are. What matters is that tournaments are setup fairly and properly reward previous performance. These teams played on LAN, there is no reason arbitrary points should deemphasize those placements.

There's no reason Splyce and ALG should be playing each other round one, base on their previous performance. They've both earned the right to be favorites in their first match.

You're basically saying it's ok to fuck brackets because you think the skill gaps are close. Why even have qualifiers then? Why have seeds at all? Let's just pull straws to see who goes to worlds.

Why settle for a system that's sorta kinda close enough, when we have hundreds of years of data on how to seed tournaments correctly?

• Upvote (+1) 6