CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Nice comeback by optic in that strongholds.

1. Optic

2. NV

3. Liquid

4. ALG

5. Splyce

6. LG

7. str8

8.EG

9. 3sUP

Eg is weird. I could see them getting top6 and I could see them not getting top8 at all. They're definitely playing better with 2gre, but they still have major flaws and the competition at this tourney is the highest h5 has seen yet.

Optic

Splyce

NV

Liquid

Str8 (only because I think they'll beat lg in a best of 7 which is what all top6 matches are. They could lose first round too depending on who the play)

After that who knows. I would love to see 3sUp, and eg make top6

Also every matches for top6 better be streamed. Sucks I have to say that but it must be said

• Upvote (+1) 2

OpTic top 3 LUL

I've always been confused by this terminology in Halo. Why not just say 3rd, because top 3 includes 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. So 'top 3 lul' makes it sound like you expect them to finish 4th or worse.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've always been confused by this terminology in Halo. Why not just say 3rd, because top 3 includes 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. So 'top 3 lul' makes it sound like you expect them to finish 4th or worse.

This post is a 2 hour and 24 minute argument regarding the use of the phrase "top x" where x is an integer typically ranging from 1-32. This post includes a post at the one hour and 54 minute mark that provides a sarcastic remark on the topic, and another at the 2 hour and 11 minute mark in response to the first sarcastic remark with an image-macro.

This post includes a characteristic post made by me at the 9 minute mark which yields 15-18 +rep.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This post is a 2 hour and 24 minute argument regarding the use of the phrase "top x" where x is an integer typically ranging from 1-32. This post includes a post at the one hour and 54 minute mark that provides a sarcastic remark on the topic, and another at the 2 hour and 11 minute mark in response to the first sarcastic remark with an image-macro.

This post includes a characteristic post made by me at the 9 minute mark which yields 15-18 +rep.

Hyperbole: 7/10

Sarcasm: 7/10

Self-deprecation: 5/10

Thread meta knowledge: 6/10

Final marks: 7/10

Hyperbole: 7/10

Sarcasm: 7/10

Self-deprecation: 5/10

Thread meta knowledge: 6/10

Final marks: 7/10

Correct usage of the phrase "Self-deprecation" (Pass or Fail): Fail

• Upvote (+1) 3

Optic

nV

Liquid

Splyce

Allegiance

EG

Str8

LG

Pnda

(posted with no knowledge of any bracket shenanigans)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ah it's kind of a slang really. Top 2 team is most likely second, but also maybe first, top 4 team is third or fourth, but probably not second and absolutely not first. You get the idea. Its actually a god way how to rank teams without actually giving them specific place.

Hey Beyond. Just wanted to say hi from Denmark. You guys made me fall in love with competitive halo so thanks for that. I'm also an EG fan now. Can't wait to see if the GOAT can bring the team back this weekend

Quick question(s): Do you have a wife, and have you been to the Dominican Republic lately?

2gre is a LAN player

I'm not saying he won't shine, but the last two LANs I remember of 2gre's were Burbank and Regionals, and he played pretty much at that level.

• Upvote (+1) 2