CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Who's the best pure slayer available currently? Not including just FAs but also players known to be on a "weak" team or have been running games with other people.

I'm not an expert, but I would say Stellur is probably the best atm.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Who's the best pure slayer available currently? Not including just FAs but also players known to be on a "weak" team or have been running games with other people.

Royal 2 is my pick.

EDIT: I read it wrong I thought he meant who was the best slayer in the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We do need to push for points. Lets make sure that everything makes sense and supports the top teams coming out to every event. Its bad for everyone when its not that way.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Royal 2 is my pick.

Oh shit, this guy just called Optic a weak team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They can solve the who can get the qualification dilemma with consolation matches between the 5/6 teams or 7/8 teams.

im thinking, ace, stellur, bubu, shooter

Nah. Them with roybox already look good.

I also like stellur and eco with liquid.

The best scenario is one where e6 has to disband since everyone left cratos. That would make for a cool quick tourney

• Upvote (+1) 1

Im thinking that if the top 3 from ugc get top 3 again, then 4-6 make it. Basically the 3 best placings that arent top 3 from ugc. This way every team can compete for the prize pool but the placing of the ugc qualifiers dont count and the only thing that matters is the best placings of the rest of the teams for qualification.

Im tired and i know im not explaining this well but this is the only way i can see it working so that all pro teams can attend. I do see what youre saying about kncking potential qualifiers out though. Waypoint does not explain this very well at all and that itself is disappointing

I understand what saying. But with that setup, it would be possible for a ugc winner to end up the losers bracket and knock a team out of contention for top top 3 spots

Respectful 

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Oh shit, this guy just called Optic a weak team.

Fuck I didn't read the other part I only read "best slayer in the game" 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only skillful automatic in the Halo franchise is the sentinel beam (or the Reach focus rifle).

Can we please cut down on SRs, BPRs and SMGs and add the Sentinel Beam to as many maps as possible?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Shotzzy

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Respectful

+rep for picking a nasty eu player but hes not exactly on a weak team.

I would say Stellur since royal 2 and Huke are unavailable. Hard call though, there actually arent a shitton of "pure" slayers

I understand what saying. But with that setup, it would be possible for a ugc winner to end up the losers bracket and knock a team out of contention for top top 3 spots

I would imagine the same could happen in a points system if a team needs to beat a ugc qualifier for enough points for top 6 and loses. The only "fair" thing would be to have those 3 sit out, but do we want vegas without 3 pro teams? I hope there is a plan for all this but its crazy that the system still isnt made public

I would imagine the same could happen in a points system if a team needs to beat a ugc qualifier for enough points for top 6 and loses. The only "fair" thing would be to have those 3 sit out, but do we want vegas without 3 pro teams? I hope there is a plan for all this but its crazy that the system still isnt made public

The difference would be that the three UGC teams would still have something to play for since their spot wouldn't neccisarily be guarunteed. They would still need to get as far into the Vegas tournament as possible so that they could guaruntee that their spot is clinched. This way, if they did end up knocking someone out, it wouldn't be a meaningless match.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

What if we use the average finish of teams from both tournaments? And then, to accommodate probable team changes, we actually use each player's average finish from both tournaments to determine final seedings, when worlds comes around. This way, the Pro teams are at all events and the results from both LAN's have meaningful implications

Oh wait, I just described Pro Points... 

I'm excited to see what orgs will come for the HWC money. My guess per region: 

EU

Epsilon

Team Dignitas

Fnatic

Flipsid3 Tactics

NA

Cloud9

Renegades

Dream Team

Team eLevate

Denial Esports

Winterfox

FaZe

• Upvote (+1) 1

The difference would be that the three UGC teams would still have something to play for since their spot wouldn't neccisarily be guarunteed. They would still need to get as far into the Vegas tournament as possible so that they could guaruntee that their spot is clinched. This way, if they did end up knocking someone out, it wouldn't be a meaningless match.

oh i see what you're saying. i thought in this scenario we were keeping the auto qualifications from ugc, but yeah this would be much better. its like 343 is allergic to using the good ideas from the mlg days. i'd be interested to see what @ thinks about this system

• Upvote (+1) 1

shooter really isnt underrated anymore for the past year everyone has known how good he is yet every time he gets brought up someone has to talk about how underrated he is. Kinda redundant.

• Upvote (+1) 7