CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This was not the case.

Regardless of what you post, I'm always so happy to see you post. You were the reason I got into competitive Halo back in '07-'08. Triggers Down should've won D.C. 2010. Karma out br'd you while you had full OS at San Diego '08, people don't forget. :kappa:

On topic:

1. OG

2. Liquid

3. nV (I want to put EG here soooooooo bad)

4. EG

• Upvote (+1) 4

Champ bracket is set, with Splyce in the 8th seed...

If I'm not mistaken.

I think you are correct, so the bracket is half set. 9-16 to come from open.

I'm so jealous of all of you. One of my friend's 30th birthday is this weekend so we have plans to be out literally all day all weekend. Going to miss all the glorious action, endless HW2 ads, and championship Monday. Damn.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Totally agree with @Apoll0 comments about practice. I would love the chance to work with any pro or serious am teams after this weekend trying to identify weaknesses and improve them. No playing or tactical advice since I can barely get to onyx, just teamwork and problem solving. Message me if interested.

Edit:apparently mobile forum posting is not my thing...not sure why Apoll0 won't show up in my sentence above

So who out of the notable top teams have to go through the open bracket? aka whos outside top 8 on points?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Totally agree with @@Apoll0 comments about practice. I would love the chance to work with any pro or serious am teams after this weekend trying to identify weaknesses and improve them. No playing or tactical advice since I can barely get to onyx, just teamwork and problem solving. Message me if interested.

This market (esports) seems incredibly ripe for performance psychology consultants, tbh. I'm surprised every team doesn't have one. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Totally agree with @Apoll0 comments about practice. I would love the chance to work with any pro or serious am teams after this weekend trying to identify weaknesses and improve them. No playing or tactical advice since I can barely get to onyx, just teamwork and problem solving. Message me if interested.

Edit:apparently mobile forum posting is not my thing...not sure why Apoll0 won't show up in my sentence above

Mobile taggingi is wonky, fixed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fantasy team:

Snakebite

Ola

Spartan

Penguin

Fantasy team:

Snakebite

Royal 2

Frosty

Lxthul

Oh wow, would you look at that....?

• Upvote (+1) 3

So what happened to crowdfunding? Which events are having a pot bonus boost?

EDIT: Forgot the d  :bman:

"We hoped everyone would forget we said HWC 2017 would have crowdfunding. Oops" - 343

The prize pools at all the events are loans and the crowd funding money is used to pay 343/MS their money back.  :kappa:  

It was never explicitly stated that Worlds 2017 had crowdfunding. Another thing we have been left in the dark in. All REQs are crowdfunding... something...

2gre is a LAN player

Is " ____ is a LAN team" a new beyond meme?

This is what Tsquared said about Str8 before they got bopped at Season 1 Finals rofl

• Upvote (+1) 2

So who out of the notable top teams have to go through the open bracket? aka whos outside top 8 on points?

y'all gonna leave the EU™ champion® of halo™ 5® hanging?

ALG

3sup (monster, devon, rammyy, nem)

i feel like i'm forgetting a team

here are the seeds

• Upvote (+1) 4

^ catastrophe - arctic brainstorm Musa tire iron

TBD - ryanoob prototype babyj dastroyed

This is what Tsquared said about Str8 before they got bopped at Season 1 Finals rofl

Which str8? If it was t2s team, they never.played on lan.

In other news, last time 2gre played on lan

CiMk_dGVEAEjwz3.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

Vegas Picks:

1. Optic

2. Liquid

3. nV

4. Splyce 

prediction: EG won't finish top 8

Vegas Prediction:

1. nV

2. Liquid

3. Optic

4. Splyce

5. Panda

6. LG

7. ALG

8. STR8

9. 3sUp

10. EG

• Upvote (+1) 1

Since everyone is making predictions, why not:

1. Optic
2. nV
3. EG
4. Liquid
5. Splyce
6. STR8
7. ALG
8. Panda
  • Upvote (+1) 1

For Allegiance, 9th seed, will the matches they play in open bracket contribute towards stats? 

Also surprised at anyone choosing an OG player that's not Royal 2 given that this fantasy competition is all about K/D right?

Edit: Also, is there still no bracket yet?

Since everyone is making predictions, why not:

1. Optic
2. nV
3. EG
4. Liquid
5. Splyce
6. STR8
7. ALG
8. Panda

EG aren't that much of a LAN team

• Upvote (+1) 3

1. Optic

2. NV

3. Liquid

4. Panda

5. LG

6. Splyce

7. ALG

8. Str8

I think EG has one of the hardest brackets. They'll most likely have to either beat 3sUP/NV, 3sUP/ALG/PNDA, or Splyce/Str8. Looking at the standings, their best chance might be to lose to 3sUP on purpose and that's not a good sign.