CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Maybe because he is still part of E6

That has nothing to do with why he just posted it. He didn't just randomly decide to tweet e6

idc what happens i just hope the rosters get better

last season was awesome because it was very competitive 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like the consistent 1-50, BUT I hated H3's iteration of TrueSkill because it didn't have a sort of "short term memory" -- if you played 3000 games eventually your ranking got to where it basically wouldn't move...so if you sucked dick for the first 1000, it became a lot harder to convince the system you were better than you used to be.

To me that's where the advantage of seasons comes in -- if you improved over the course of the season, then at the start of the next season, you have placements where your ranking can drastically change over the course of a few games before settling back into a slower progression.

I think some kind of balance could be struck between the two systems for a better Halo system.

This still seems to be a thing with h5. I end plat every season yet playing the exact same way and winning games i always place gold to start a season. I almost feel like this game does something like rpi for college basketball where it trivializes wins against lower ranked opponents. But its dumb enough not to count games where 2 of your teammates lagges/dropped out 30 seconds in ctf and you get destroyed

#BringBackOgre2. For real tho i really hope vicx doesnt get screwed, big cam fam right here.

SAME MAN

vic x is super OG, i want that guy around as long as possible 

• Upvote (+1) 5

aPG and Heinz confirmed staying on Str8. Ace left? Lol get baited thanks for the intel

oriental beg

Keep in mind, the first LAN admitting 3 teams into HWC is really crazy because our third spot is essentially a tossup now since no one knows which teams are actually going to improve. E6 was at the top in the Summer, Liquid and Str8 in the Fall, etc.

The Losers Semis match to decide Top 3 at UGC is going to be insane.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Keep in mind, the first LAN admitting 3 teams into HWC is really crazy because our third spot is essentially a tossup now since no one knows which teams are actually going to improve. E6 was at the top in the Summer, Liquid and Str8 in the Fall, etc.

The Losers Semis match to decide Top 3 at UGC is going to be insane.

It's for sure going to be Reality Check  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

We should really be fighting to convince 343 to change it to a circuit point system.

The way they have it set up, they don't want the 3 team who qualify in January playing at Vegas because they don't want a qualified team to knock out an unqualified one in Losers and keep them out of Worlds, but they also don't want to remove the reason for the qualified teams to keep playing after qualification...

Sounds like a system that a previous TO we've had but is inexplicably kept away from us now used to use could come in handy.

You know...Pro Points.

points also gives AMs a reason to be invested

e-peen points ftw

• Upvote (+1) 4

@@Timo @@Vivi

We should really be fighting to convince 343 to change it to a circuit point system.

The way they have it set up, they don't want the 3 team who qualify in January playing at Vegas because they don't want a qualified team to knock out an unqualified one in Losers and keep them out of Worlds, but they also don't want to remove the reason for the qualified teams to keep playing after qualification...

Sounds like a system that a previous TO we've had but is inexplicably kept away from us now used to use could come in handy.

You know...Pro Points.

I'll never understand why 343/ESL changed from the system we had from the points system H2A to the one we have now it was far surperior to the current one we literally went backwards.

I really hope that the top three from UGC aren't locked out of competing at the other LAN events and it basically rewards the other teams if they wait until Optic/nV have already qualified and can't play anymore.

You know...Pro Points.

I was wondering about this. Have they posted any additional information because reading halo.gg had me really confused. I assume they'd want their most popular teams at every event (for obvious reasons) but with this setup, doing so would likely screw someone out of a shot.

I guess one potential 'solution' would be: Saturday in Vegas they could play for top 3 with ugc top 3 excluded. Then on Sunday those teams will be seeded 4-6 in the championship bracket with ugc's top 3 given seeds 1-3.

I was wondering about this. Have they posted any additional information because reading halo.gg had me really confused. I assume they'd want their most popular teams at every event (for obvious reasons) but with this setup, doing so would likely screw someone out of a shot.

Im hoping that those top 3 can compete but the next 3 are the ones that qualify

Im hoping that those top 3 can compete but the next 3 are the ones that qualify

The only issue with that is, if setup incorrectly, those 3 already qualified teams could potentially knock people out of the vegas tournament who otherwise would have placed top3 in vegas.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Off topic, but anyone running no radar customs?

I might try again tonight in a couple hours. ill invite anyone from TB who I have added and is online

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only issue with that is, if setup incorrectly, those 3 already qualified teams could potentially knock people out of the vegas tournament who otherwise would have placed top3 in vegas.

Im thinking that if the top 3 from ugc get top 3 again, then 4-6 make it. Basically the 3 best placings that arent top 3 from ugc. This way every team can compete for the prize pool but the placing of the ugc qualifiers dont count and the only thing that matters is the best placings of the rest of the teams for qualification.

Im tired and i know im not explaining this well but this is the only way i can see it working so that all pro teams can attend. I do see what youre saying about kncking potential qualifiers out though. Waypoint does not explain this very well at all and that itself is disappointing

@@Timo @@Vivi

If the top teams are locked out of future LANs after qualifying they are effectively being punished for being good since they have to sit on there asses for 3 months since there's no league while the other gteams get valuable LAN experience/prize money.

A fair format would have every event be worth a set amount of points and the teams with the 7 highest totals should qualify after the final LAN and no teams are locked out of events/get an easier road to worlds.

ESL isn't running UGC St. Louis or Las Vegas to my knowledge.  Should tag 343 employees that post here so often. :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Who's the best pure slayer available currently? Not including just FAs but also players known to be on a "weak" team or have been running games with other people.

You know...Pro Points.