CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Aw man, got beat to mentioning my own thread! Damn you work. I'll have everyone know I had the distinct pleasure of having both Reiku and Cooper come to my post to troll. What an honor.

Work? What is that? You don't get to be a forum god by having your priorities straight!

Waking up after noon and barely getting in the first 10 pages  :mj:

Just to be sure nothing changed overnight, we're still in  :weback: mode right?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hmmm, been gone all weekend. So I guess I missed everything.

Well, congrats to nV and good bye old thread. And I am hyped for Halo esports again!

so you guys want to move from a dead esport titel (in asia) to a dying esport titel?

​beside that, playstation is stronger than xbox in asia. and CoD is played on Playstation now. so maybe it's not the worst decision

​what you also should consider; halo 6 will come to pc and has a chance of being way bigger than halo 5 in asia due to that fact.

​more player, more games, more competition.     

If you're going to make a shitpost, I implore that you at least use half-decent spelling so I don't lose brain cells trying to decipher your language.  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You absolutely have Ola in the wrong tier. Nearly any pro (nV & Optic included) will tell you Ola is the best overall player on nV..... did you watch him dominate this weekend? He is an absolute game-changer. Going into this season he only struggled a little with slaying power.... and now he's a monster at that too. Fantastic slayer, amazing flag runs (maybe 2nd to Commonly or 3rd behind Naded), near-perfect decisions.

Ola has been playing incredibly well recently, but there's just no way that the best player on nV isn't Huke. I think you could likely replace anybody on Optic with Ola and still have a god squad. But which team would you rather have:

Mikwen, Ola, Rayne and El Town  

or

Huke, Snipedown, Rayne and El Town.

I think the sheer amount of terror that Huke and Snipedown wreak on the opponent gives Ola space to be his incredibly hard to kill self. Ola isn't about shooting everything that moves - he has a sneakier, more unpredictable playstyle. You can't take that playstyle on its own and build a team around it, but if you insert it into a team that is already keeping the enemy at half shields a huge percentage of the time, he really starts to shine. So I think that Ola has looked great, but I would sooner build a team around the relentless cross-mapping from Snipedown and the wrecking ball that is Huke.

Another way to say it is that Ola is kind of like Ninja: they have an electrifying playstyle because they get away with things that other people can't. But even better than winning kills you shouldn't win is finding lots and lots of easy kills that you should. Snipedown, Royal 2 and Huke are the kings of precipitating unfair fights and then taking advantage of them. Ola is more like an agent of chaos that sows confusion amongst the other team and keeps them disoriented, sort of like Frosty. And I just can't say that anybody is in the same tier of 'being Frosty' as Frosty. A player with Frosty's playstyle shouldn't be in T1, but Frosty is such a god that not putting him up there is unthinkable.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The future for Halo is bright.

- Crowdfunding for every event.

- more open lans

- bigger prize pools

- another HWC with +$1 mill prize pool 

- MLG getting involved again after HWC

- And 2 Dreamhack events.

Super excited for 2017. We're in for one heck of a ride chaps!

BTW, did they mention new game modes or maps for competitive?

• Upvote (+1) 2

The future for Halo is bright.

- Crowdfunding for every event.

- more open lans

- bigger prize pools

- another HWC with $1 mill prize pool 

- MLG getting involved again after HWC

- And 2 Dreamhack events.

Super excited for 2017. We're in for one heck of a ride chaps!

BTW, did they mention new game modes or maps for competitive?

Potentially. It might happen, it might not. Unless Tashi or Adam wants to come in and confirm it is 100% happening.

re: maps and modes. Maps are being tweaked as we speak, likely going to see Assault (attempted to be) included again.

Hoping Liquid stays together. I know teams love to switch it up in hopes of doing better next time, but Liquid had some great performances this season. I feel that there has to be some benefit of building a squad that sticks together and has good chemistry. Familiarity with your teammates' playstyles, communication, etc. can't be ignored.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That Game 7 is all the proof you need that Huke is nV's best player,

The fuel rod is NV's best player  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 9

RoyBox, Stellur and Bubu sounds really good to me. 

I'd rather see Stellur unshackled from the lacklusterness that has been RoyBox. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

So as I mentioned earlier, I made a post on /r/halo abut the desperate need to fix H5 on PC for Summitt to stream the game consistently. Sketch came in and already acknowledged my feedback on a post with less than 100 up votes. Really glad to see he's really receiving all the feedback being thrown his way. Thanks @@ske7ch!

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm excited for setting changes since this game is so snowbally and not very fun to watch at times when teams get stomped because of the enormous amounts of ammo in caster and fuel rod. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Potentially. It might happen, it might not. Unless Tashi or Adam wants to come in and confirm it is 100% happening.

re: maps and modes. Maps are being tweaked as we speak, likely going to see Assault (attempted to be) included again.

id rather they work on oddball vs assault, but i cant deny how refreshing it will be to get a new gametype in the rotation

I think to fully compete with OG/nV, you need to build a slay heavy team. In the final bo7 between OG and nV, nV won all 3 slayers. Slayers are the SnD of Halo. They win championships.

How drastic are the settings changes going to be?

I'd love to see atleast TB put on an off season no sprint, increased BMS(strafe accel etc), no radar tourney. Maybe even with all the other spartan abilities still on. It plays really well this way.

I caught the finals last night and while it was exciting and the gameplay was great, H5 still just lacks that signature look and feel that the other top games all have. It still just looks too generic.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Ola has been playing incredibly well recently, but there's just no way that the best player on nV isn't Huke. I think you could likely replace anybody on Optic with Ola and still have a god squad. But which team would you rather have:

Mikwen, Ola, Rayne and El Town  

or

Huke, Snipedown, Rayne and El Town.

Since this is a defiantly bad use of logic, I'll just say that I'd take a combo of Ola and Huke/Snipedown over Huke and Snipedown.

You realize that comparing three players by bringing three other players into the equation (in mixed proportions) doesn't make sense, right?

Also, I never said Ola was better. I said he was also T1, just for different reasons.

• Upvote (+1) 2