CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Prediction time for the 6 teams that will qualify for worlds in Vegas

I think the 5 for sure that will qualify will be: OG, NV, TL, ALG, SPLYCE.

The last team is as toss up which I will give to.....

My brain says Pnda but heart says EG so I willl go with EG. And yes I do not think Str8 will qualify for worlds at Vegas.

Whoever wins WB Rd 2 between str8 and lg is top6. One of them has to make it.

Lucky break for lg considering how str8 has been playing

• Upvote (+1) 2

watched this Optic - Splyce scrim so far, I dunno man, every game is very close and OpTic don't seem dominant at all, not on the same page.  I think Worlds is going to be waaaaaay closer this year

• Upvote (+1) 2

watched this Optic - Splyce scrim so far, I dunno man, every game is very close and OpTic don't seem dominant at all, not on the same page.  I think Worlds is going to be waaaaaay closer this year

I hope so. It would be boring if it was 1 team dominating 

I keep wanting to get hyped for Worlds, but then I remember it's being held in a Jiffy Lube.

I feel like what's important for a worlds location is it's a large enough area for the stage so everything is spaced out making it look more impressive even if there are less people in the crowd. Similar to how the Mexico and EU stages were. But it seems like they are just trying to cram as many people in the area as possible. You can argue for both.

If they just reuse the same set as fall finals I will be very disappointed. As this would be the 3rd time they used this same set up (qualification for summer pro league and fall finals)

• Upvote (+1) 1

We've seen all these qualifiers for small regions that have so much passion and love for the game then we get to watch NA events and how uncared for they are. I wish we had that passion from the people running the game here.

The crowds also seem more hype than the NA ones.

How much hype group of 5 ppl really can get m8. Especially when this is made of members of opposing teams.

NA crowds for every esport have always been less hype than other regions, they're still worried about the social stigma it looks like.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Without 2gre telling them what to do, eg would just prioritize the wrong things constantly.

Great comeback on Eden sh just now

• Upvote (+1) 1

Without 2gre telling them what to do, eg would just prioritize the wrong things constantly.

Great comeback on Eden sh just now

Man that was really good.

the teams that get to the winners semifinals advance. So I've got OG, TL, NV, LG. then depending on losers brackets I think EG and Splyce (assuming they don't play each other).

I think either str8 or lg have to make it if I understand the brackets right...and assuming they don't loose to an am tsam 1st round.

Whoa, didn't realize that's the case. I'll take OG, TL, NV, Str8, ALG, SPLYCE then for my top 6

Yes, and that was an awesome event and a fantastic crowd. But smaller/similar sized crowds in Europe/South America are always that hype, not just for specific events.

I'm not saying USAnians don't get hyped, it's just a lot less consistent than other continents. (This is in reference to esports).

Just want to chime in and say how pumped I am for international halo. Great events all weekend, even though there was a lot of online going on. Excited that Seduce, Benno and Tapping buttons have qualified. Also, Goat hype!

EG has much better comms since the change, and after watching a few of the scrims, they just need to prioritize the right kills and they are in this.

A little less naughty armadillo and sneaky beaver plays and they will really have a shot at T6 come Vegas.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Vegas really needs to run smoothly at a competitor level. The scene is so competitive right now (in terms of qualifying, at least) that there really can't be any bullshit that could impact a teams performance.

• Upvote (+1) 1