CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Been trying to search for this for some time can someone help me locate it. It was a twitter clip on this thread of shotzzy going into the ceiling on Plaza from snipe 3 and getting a kill.

Objectively wrong

Again, my 2 cents and perspective.

My personal experience: 4 years in YouTube with over 20k subs, worked with other big Latin youtubers, have friends in Colombia, Venezuela, Chile, Peru, Argentina, Mexico and El Salvador, And finally admin and founder of fb page Halo Latinoamérica.

So Im just speaking and sharing my thoughts with the data I collected and experiences I've had. (:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Y'all can go back and correct those neg reps you gave me now.

Would you believe if I said he wasn't the problem?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Player streams only I assume?

Not sure how the times will work out, maybe the last 2 matches will get streamed?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Would you believe if I said he wasn't the problem?

He got downvoted for being a Cratos more then anything. I'm sure lots of people agreed with what he was saying (I did) but not how he said it.

That being said, I don't think he's the problem. But I also believe that he is NOT the solution as well.

*edit, first time on Beam. Why is the stream so much smoother then on Twitch for me? 

He got downvoted for being an Cratos more then anything. I'm sure lots of people agreed with what he was saying (I did) but not how he said it.

*edit, first time on Beam. Why is the stream so much smoother then on Twitch for me?

Beam is always better than twitch in my experience.

I don't like it when the casters speak bits of English during stream. Like, they encourage the audience from all Latin America to invite their friends and relatives to watch the stream - really doubt anyone's dad or girlfriend have any idea what "Stronghold on The Rig, Gameplay agresivo on Nest con una Kill, Tendremos Championship Sunday" means, for example.

Would rather to keep it consistent with the Spanish so non-competitive people know what's going on.

Well many people have their Xbox on English so they only know those names in English. Nest = Nido but nobody calls it like that.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Top 8 matchups:

Liquid
SetToDestroyX/TBD

Luminosity
Pnda/3sUP
---
EnVy
Velvet

Str8 Rippin
Evil Geniuses

Notes:
- If Liquid reaches Top 4, they clinch #2 seed for Vegas
- EG/Pnda/LG results today will decide seeds #5, #6, #7 for Vegas
- Optic, Splyce, and Allegiance all did not enter the cup today.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Top 8 matchups:

Liquid

SetToDestroyX/TBD

Luminosity

Pnda/3sUP

---

EnVy

Velvet

Str8 Rippin

Evil Geniuses

Notes:

- If Liquid reaches Top 4, they clinch #2 seed for Vegas

- EG/Pnda/LG results today will decide seeds #5, #6, #7 for Vegas

- Optic, Splyce, and Allegiance all did not enter the cup today.

Has d3mon d team ever entered one of these?

Not bringing english-speaking casters and not having an english stream for such an event is fucking lame. They did it for Gears but of course they didn't for Halo, they don't care that much. Gfinity is not a good TO for LATAM, hopefully 343 doesn't contact them for running the LATAM qualifiers next year.

What's interesting about this is they changed the age restriction 1 day before the event (yeah, Gfinity just pulled this 1 day before the event lmao):

"Lastly, the event is now open to players 16 and above, as long as a parental consent form is signed. For those who purchase a pass, Gamelta and Gfinity will be reaching out via email with information on how to submit your parental consent form".

This change of rules allows Shock the World aka Tapping Buttons' team and probably the best LATAM team to play this weekend (3/4 of STW aren't 18 years old+). This team is so sick, I'm sure they can be compared with some of the TOP AM teams in NA right now. This changes my prediction and I'm calling for a Synergy Gaming vs STW Finals.

Just to clarify, the age restriction change was absolutely nothing to do with Gfinity.

• Upvote (+1) 3

We had 343 give arena 100 percent of the radar in halo. You know what radar is, right? This thing called lowering skill gap like lots of things are done with radar including some bad things. - The Donald

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just to clarify, the age restriction change was absolutely nothing to do with Gfinity.

So was it the HCS?

We had 343 give arena 100 percent of the radar in halo. You know what radar is, right? This thing called lowering skill gap like lots of things are done with radar including some bad things. - The Donald

at him next time @@The Donald

• Upvote (+1) 2

So was it the HCS?

I would imagine that Microsoft legal found a solution. I remember dealing with this for the RLCS and it's a pain in the ass.

• Upvote (+1) 5