CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The ranking system is so weird. SB on an alt account just placed diamond 3 after going off all day. Its like the game intentionally places low to encorage grinding

post-update I've gone with 4/2, 4/3, 3/3, 3/2 ... i'd really like "3/5 / 2.5" but of course that's not possible lol

Except that the AR spread isn't exactly random. Tapping the trigger for burst fire increases accuracy while holding it down decreases accuracy. 

Already said this in reply to someone else. I guess you just missed it. 

The only way to make autos skillful is to do what CS does and make the spray be a consistent pattern that is unique to each weapon but can be compensated for with practice.

Spray patterns are a decent idea with an awful execution from a clarity standpoint.

Do you know how confusing it is for a spectator to see a player aiming at someone's feet halfway into their clip?

Consistent spray pattern is fine -- but it should be clearly communicated by recoil, not require some absurd out-of-game guide or practice to learn. The HUD should provide that info to the player as they fire by showing the gun/reticule move up.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Spray patterns are a decent idea with an awful execution from a clarity standpoint.

Do you know how confusing it is for a spectator to see a player aiming at someone's feet halfway into their clip?

Consistent spray pattern is fine -- but it should be clearly communicated by recoil, not require some absurd out-of-game guide or practice to learn. The HUD should provide that info to the player as they fire by showing the gun/reticule move up.

And halo already has its unique gunplay. We don't need to copy CS or CoD when there is already a successful formula.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I like the ar as is. You just spawn with too much ammo. People wouldn't spam it as much if they spawned with one mag, which is what they should

Hopefully an unfortunate choice of words. It would make no sense in the event that they somehow don't make worlds or disband those seeds and then make worlds for the top NA teams following worlds to not be the group for Pro League.

The way that's worded implies that a team could skip 2017 worlds and still have a spot for the pro league afterwards which just seems awkward at best.

Just think of worlds as a separate event. They're not connected hence the qualifiers. And yes this shows why na only getting 7 teams is dumb, and the last spot is in an online lcq.

as someone who is constantly having a sensitivity crisis, I checked the pros' current settings (according to Nightbot, at least) out of curiosity:

[0%/0% deadzones and standard 343 horizontal-vertical sens ratios except where otherwise noted]

danoxide 3/3

snipedown 4/2

snakebite 4/2 or 3/4

naded 3/3

heinz 3/5 [4% inner deadzone]

batchford 4/1

bubu 3/3 [1% outer deadzone]

contra 4/3

huke 4/2

pistola 5/3

frosty 4/2

lethul 4/2

naded 3/3

ninja 4/3

ogre2 3/2

roy 3/3/1* [edit]

suspector 3/4

turley 4/3

Lxthul is 2% inner

as someone who is constantly having a sensitivity crisis, I checked the pros' current settings (according to Nightbot, at least) out of curiosity:

[0%/0% deadzones and standard 343 horizontal-vertical sens ratios except where otherwise noted]

danoxide 3/3

snipedown 4/2
snakebite 4/2 or 3/4
naded 3/3
heinz 3/5 [4% inner deadzone]
batchford 4/1
bubu 3/3 [1% outer deadzone]
contra 4/3
huke 4/2
pistola 5/3
frosty 4/2
lethul 4/2
naded 3/3
ninja 4/3
ogre2 3/2
roy 3/3/1* [edit]
suspector 3/4
turley 4/3

Averages out to 3.6/2.6 for those who want to play average.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Lol so true. You have to read guides to understand how CS spray works when the reticle should show you itself.

I think on console you can really only execute this (with longer kill times) with straight line recoil shaped like / or \ or |. Analog sticks just arent accurate or fast enough to consistently compensate for recoil shaped like a 7 or 5.

yeah got my app fully funded 3 days later comes out in July, i see the irony though. 

very heartfelt 

much milk

That's not what irony means, but it's pretty cool that it was going to take you away from Halo for months and ended up cleared up in days. So any details on this super secret new app that's going to change the lives of working class gamers?

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Disagree that it should be that way.

CSGO purposefully altered the game so that the feeling for compensating for the spray pattern hits the sweet spot between feeling like you're spraying the weapon without too much that it alters / detracts from the process of compensating. Also the spray pattern is communicated visually by bullet impacts / ricochets which have been purposefully beefed up to align with previous iterations of the game.

Ain't no one getting confused, by the end of a single clip you have an understanding of what's going on. Here is a clip without any of the spectator HUD that would make it even easier to see players being damaged and such. It might just be personal bias but this communicates what the player is doing (compensating for a recoil / spray patter) much better than say CoD.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The ranking system is so weird. SB on an alt account just placed diamond 3 after going off all day. Its like the game intentionally places low to encorage grinding

• Upvote (+1) 1

And halo already has its unique gunplay. We don't need to copy CS or CoD when there is already a successful formula.

Agreed, autos add nothing unique to the sandbox except spray and pray. I mean look at Overwatch's current meta of you want another example of an auto outclassing precision weaponry and it being unfun and uncompetitive. Soldier 76 did less dps (16 per shot, 25 in mag) than McCree (70 per shot, 6 in mag) did, but he offered utility which made him a viable pick in tournament play. He also had no spread for three-four shots, which then got much wilder the longer you bursted. He was played less than McCree, but was still picked some.

Then, Blizzard needed him due to concern's of people finding a macro to allow them to "burst" at such pinpoint intervals that you would never see a decrease in dps or an increase in spread. He was never picked after that, and Blizzard decided to buff him to where they thought he was before without allowing for the macro. They increased his dps (20 dmg/shot, up from 16) and made it to where he could spray 4 shots but the reset for the recoil took longer.

Now, he still has less dps than McCree, but only slightly. But the fact that he can reliably adjust his aim and continue a sustained dps contrary to McCree's hit or miss makes him the only viable pick now. You're literally at a major disadvantage if you go McCree over Soldier, even with a godly McCree. Because even when you're a godly McCree, a Soldier wins more often than not.

I know theyre completely different games, but concept is the same. Autos are more reliable than precision weapons in a skilled person's hands, and if they even do a similar amount of damage they will be picked over precision weapons way more often than they should in a competitive game. It's just like AoE attacks or point+click abilities versus Skillshots in MOBAs. They're more reliable because it's much harder to miss, and at the peak level of gameplay, the key to victory is consistency. All the players at the top can make amazing plays, but whoever can do the most the most consistently will win.

Tl;Dr: I bring up unrelated genres of games to argue whether autos in Halo are competitive. Spoiler: they aren't.

• Upvote (+1) 1

look man, you have negged every single one of my posts for like the past 5 months, i get you don't like me. Save the sarcastic bullshit you think you are good at for someone else.

Let me just tell you my app that i've worked on for 4 years, on an internet forum built by a few people who also dislike me and filled with highly educated programmers.

My app will help people, but i hope you never touch it because its people like you who assume the negative first who are fucking the world up.

Just use the ignore feature fam, he's not gonna stop anytime soon. Good luck with the app. Glad to hear you got funded so quick!
  • Upvote (+1) 7

look man, you have negged every single one of my posts for like the past 5 months, i get you don't like me. Save the sarcastic bullshit you think you are good at for someone else. 

Let me just tell you my app that i've worked on for 4 years, on an internet forum built by a few people who also dislike me and filled with highly educated programmers.

My app will help people, but i hope you never touch it because its people like you who assume the negative first who are fucking the world up. 

dont feed trolls man!  never accomplishes anything.  hope your app does well!

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Uhh, nah I really haven't....just the ones that warrant it, not my fault it's often. But yeah, I'm "trolling" even though staff upvoted my post. I'll step back out of your safe space though, say no more.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 17

There are SO many ways to better balance the AR and the autos in this game, but why not start with the basics:

Just make the automatic ttk higher than the pistols.

There's nothing wrong with the AR being easier to use at close range, but a player with a pistol who lands perfect shots should win the 1v1.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Playing MCC

Hardcore playlist is just about empty

Went to TS

Everyone votes for vanilla H2/3 :mj:

SMG/AR starts are the way the game was intended to be played. You elitist MLG kids ruin the community.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There are SO many ways to better balance the AR and the autos in this game, but why not start with the basics:

Just make the automatic ttk higher than the pistols.

There's nothing wrong with the AR being easier to use at close range, but a player with a pistol who lands perfect shots should win the 1v1.

There has to be like at least a full 1 shot cushion though, not one shot. You shouldn't be forced to hit every single shot without fail against the starting auto weapon.

Halo 5 ranking system is the worst system we have ever had. I can rarely tell a difference between platinum diamond and onyx players. Its just put people in random brackets. Sometimes the game thinks I am a high diamond sometimes it thinks I am a low platinum. I always have ended up onyx so the system is busted. 1-50 is best for Halo. I could see a big difference when I played lvl 20 30 or 40 ranked players. In H5 I see gold lvl accounts destroying people because the game put them in the wrong bracket. Plus I have always wondered how the game calculates a rank. Dose it take into account running the flag or playing the objective? I dont see how it could. There are so many factors that go into winning a game for a team that I dont see how a game judging you could ever work like it should. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Suspector ran with lg + Spartan yesterday. Bubu and shooter are all but gone already. If he does sign with lg,e6 loses their spot. How will they determine it? One giant open qualifier perhaps? :simms:

Wouldn't be surprised if e6 enforced some contract fuckery