CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Best shot in the game right here

Every new TB member should be forced to watch this.

I didn't see his video evidence of how he couldn't have kicked stellur off his account though. Feel like that would fit well.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The thing that really frustrates me, is people saying games need to evolve and games like halo 3 wouldn't sell well now, are you fucking kidding me, a good game is a good game, end of discussion.

Let's just look at cod, the moment they innovated, they suffered, because despite what some people criticized cod for "it is the same thing every year". That was actually one of its greatest strengths. It's consistency, devoted fan's were kept interested through new guns maps, and SLIGHT alterations to the formula, and generally they went from strength to strength. People knew what to expect from new games. The skills they learned in previous iterations were still relevant. The way of playing the game was similar. All the hours they had devoted to the franchise were still somewhat relevant and mattered because the way they played the game and the skills acquired were always transferable.

Most consumers enjoy playing it safe, most like the dependable products. Cod has realized this and are now back peddling at a rate of knots yet in halo we still live in this delusioned fantasy that halo must evolve to stay relevant.

It would still probably be relevant if we never fucking deviated.

Still relevant (for like the 100th time posted since THC)...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would also like to nominate my video as part of the indoctrination process. 

wow that really happened 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Not gonna lie, I skimmed a lot of the long posts from the last couple pages, but I would like to say one thing.

I've been at my company for almost a year now and I'm in a position where I see a lot of the communication and issues stemming from that between 3 big groups: Engineering, Maintenance, and Production. Personally, I like everyone I work with save for the occasional weirdo. But in all businesses there comes a point where even people you like and might be friends with outside of work just piss you off by how they do their job.

I seemed to sort of picked up the vibe from everyone that yes, people like Tashi. But sometimes you have to separate Tashi the person and Tashi the HCS manager(?) in order to have discussions about the past, present, and future of The HCS.

Also OT but I hate the oxford comma. Conventional use says to use it but I throw up a little everytime I do

• Upvote (+1) 5

He is stating clearly that: Franks statements arent necessarily incorrect, but people gloss over what he is stating, to instead focus on how he framed the statement (bluntly).  

I dont really think its PC, and more of missing the point of what he is trying to say.

Frank could indeed frame his arguments in a less aggressive manner, but it doesnt mean what he is saying is incorrect if he doesn't. 

Someone say PC??

uq0FbYL.png

AMD about to release new power cheap processors, PCs are affordable. If you want to play good games plenty over here on the PC side. We accept Halo refugees!!!!

We will have traditional Halo games not influenced by 343i!!!

Cavity_3.png

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

AMD about to release new power cheap processors, PCs are affordable

Holy shit the Ryzen's look amazing.

Not gonna lie, I skimmed a lot of the long posts from the last couple pages, but I would like to say one thing.

I've been at my company for almost a year now and I'm in a position where I see a lot of the communication and issues stemming from that between 3 big groups: Engineering, Maintenance, and Production. Personally, I like everyone I work with save for the occasional weirdo. But in all businesses there comes a point where even people you like and might be friends with outside of work just piss you off by how they do their job.

I seemed to sort of picked up the vibe from everyone that yes, people like Tashi. But sometimes you have to separate Tashi the person and Tashi the HCS manager(?) in order to have discussions about the past, present, and future of The HCS.

Also OT but I hate the oxford comma. Conventional use says to use it but I throw up a little everytime I do

The need to upvote for the actual content is real, but the need to downvote for hating the Oxford comma is strong. Neutral net rep from me. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

chosen squad probably isn't going to qualify for worlds this year, let that sink in

The mexican community tore their assholes apart when they lost last year. I don't know about now, but before - everytime a member lost an arena/warzone game, someone would upload the match on facebook/youtube and the dozens of comments would shit on them for not winning the Championship, I felt bad honestly and felt weird, I thought they would support them more/be happy for them like Colombia and Argentina did with their teams (even though those teams didn't go far).

:( 

I'm personally supporting Gideon. Really hope they go to the finals!

The mexican community tore their assholes apart when they lost last year. I don't know about now, but before - everytime a member lost an arena/warzone game, someone would upload the match on facebook/youtube and the dozens of comments would shit on them for not winning the Championship, I felt bad honestly and felt weird, I thought they would support them more/be happy for them like Colombia and Argentina did with their teams (even though those teams didn't go far).

:( 

I'm personally supporting Gideon. Really hope they go to the finals!

damn i didn't know that, sounds like jealousy to me  :huh:

gideon is a fine team, i don't think they get that far but i will be rooting for them every step of the way

• Upvote (+1) 1

9wDzu1J.png

i mean i think i get where hey were going. end of development sprint. but could anything be more ironic for 343. we still have sprint and with  the myriad of problems and issues still present, the only way they'll ever be done working on this game is to just give up

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm going to be straight up honest here, I think Halo becoming a hero shooter is something worth looking into

have classes for spartans, elites, brutes, etc. who wouldn't want to play as a flood form for instance? obviously keep all that shit in warzone or something lol

and then the best part: have a "spartan heavy" or something -- no sprint, no armour abilities, and used in competitive. so basically Spartan IIs from H1-H3

obviously it would look like Halo is just ripping off games like Overwatch, but honestly this franchise has pathetically little dignity left at this point anyway so what's there to lose?? 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

I'm going to be straight up honest here, I think Halo becoming a hero shooter is something worth looking into

have classes for spartans, elites, brutes, etc. who wouldn't want to play as a flood form for instance? obviously keep all that shit in warzone or something lol

and then the best part: have a "spartan heavy" or something -- no sprint, no armour abilities, and used in competitive. so basically Spartan IIs from H1-H3

obviously it would look like Halo is just ripping off games like Overwatch, but honestly this franchise has pathetically little dignity left at this point anyway so what's there to lose?? 

They come up with enough bad ideas on their own. That's what they're paid for apparently. Can we stop doing the one thing they actually do for them?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The mexican community tore their assholes apart when they lost last year. I don't know about now, but before - everytime a member lost an arena/warzone game, someone would upload the match on facebook/youtube and the dozens of comments would shit on them for not winning the Championship

When someone tells you they thought Chosen Squad was gonna win Worlds

Xhn80DF.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7

They come up with enough bad ideas on their own. That's what they're paid for apparently. Can we stop doing the one thing they actually do for them?

they don't come up with them though they just rip them off from other franchises  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

i saw that and it scared me and now i see your post and i'm still scared

i'd :tear:  if halo lost EG

EG is not dropping Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 7

but his team has made a mockery of what Che put together in the last 6 months or so.

I've yet to see any progress in the way the Halo Championship Series has been ran since the hiring and the departure of Che.

who wouldve thought we'd be missing che?

My general sentiments are: I didn't particularly think Che and the team he assembled were a great fit to run Halo eSports, and I figured it couldn't get any worse at the time of his departure, but I was wrong. The HCS has taken a noticeable step backwards, and as a Halo fan for over a decade it is really unfortunate to witness.

59yEEmg.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 8

I would also like to nominate my video as part of the indoctrination process. 

I remember this video...great content Frank!

I'm all for indoctrination. Got to start them early, like the schools do.