CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm sure this was already discussed, but tweeting out the stream, hosting the stream, tweeting congrats to nV, etc. is something he can do. Talks about how he wants Halo to be back on top again, but doesn't even try to bring viewers in for the event. Even Summit hosted the Halo channel, ffs.

Not really fair to pile on him IMO. It benefits the scene sure, but it shouldn't be an expectation to do everything within your capability at all the times.

Certainly with regards to Ninja who will have brought numerous people (and Orgs) over to Halo during H5 if he doesn't feel particularly stoked about the finals that he's missing that's pretty understandable.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Said this like a week ago.

They would hold the LG seed i assume? @@CyReN. I have no idea how this works. would the front page be updated from this or nah?

What the hell happened yesterday? What dank timeline is this? Optic lost? Halo's competitive future looks bright?

• Upvote (+1) 2

They would hold the LG seed i assume? @@CyReN. I have no idea how this works. would the front page be updated from this or nah?

Theoretically yes they would hold the LG spot depending on coach.

The thing I love is that he can just play the other 500 playlists that arent competitive, but he is worried about 1 competitive playlist, and competitive settings he (assumedly) never plays. 

Would be like me losing it over changes made to social slayer, who cares, I dont play that ish.

Same with a mod i was arguing with over on waypoint right after the pro player poll came out.  Looked up their game history and they had like 800 warzone game and only 6 team arena games.  Total. I called them out on that and rieku out on being a liar and got temp banned.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Now that this season is done, I felt like making a rough top 10 players list, with more of an emphasis on this event's gameplay with some pro league matches in mind:

1. Snakebite

2. Huuuuuuuuke

3. Royal 2

4. Frosty

5. Pistola

6. Snipedown

7. LethuL

8. Mikwen

9. bubu

10. Eco

Snakebite as first because he always seems to make plays and come up huge for his team whenever needed. I think he is also the best overall player in the game.

Huke over Royal 2 because he finally had that LAN type of lan performance that haters will have to be quiet about "Huke on lan LUL" or "Huke doesn't show up on lan" etc. These two guys spots can easily be traded though.

Pistola is considered by his coach teammates and other fellow pros to be the best overall player on NV, so I figured I'd give him a nod.

Snipedown and LethuL could easily switch spots as well, but I gave Snipedown the nod because he actually played, for the most part, like the Snipedown we know.

This is just mostly my opinion, so no one take it to heart. I love making top 10s.

Pretty good list. It's really impossible to put an ordering on these guys, they're all so damn good and have very different playstyles. I've come to think about it like this:

T1:

Snakebite

Huke

Royal 2

Frosty

Snipedown

T2: (No team could be made worse by swapping a player for somebody here)

Lethul

Ola

Mikwen

Bubu

Players who would make any team besides Optic or nV better:

Commonly

Eco

Shooter

If you're not nV or Optic, you'd need the gunskill of at least one of these players to contend:

Stellur

Danoxide

Spartan

Ninja

Str8 Sick

• Upvote (+1) 9

We usually wait for official statements and whatnot from orgs first.

Same with a mod i was arguing with over on waypoint right after the pro player poll came out.  Looked up their game history and they had like 800 warzone game and only 6 team arena games.  Total. I called them out on that and rieku out on being a liar and got temp banned.

Games played isnt necessarily the "bottom line" when it comes to eSports knowledge, (I havent played Halo 5 in forever and havent consistently played Halo since Halo 3) but I agree some people like to be up in arms about whatever they can find. The casual players arent "losing" anything, but for some reason complain about anything eSports related, kind of weird.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Games played isnt necessarily the "bottom line" when it comes to eSports knowledge, (I havent played Halo 5 in forever and havent consistently played Halo since Halo 3) but I agree some people like to be up in arms about whatever they can find. The casual players arent "losing" anything, but for some reason complain about anything eSports related, kind of weird.

We've come full circle fam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_3pYCVWyoM

• Upvote (+1) 1

Since all eight pro teams should be attending I really hope that there will be a secondary stream avaliable when we get to the championship bracket so we can see ALL the matches not just the ones on mainstage. 

so you guys want to move from a dead esport titel (in asia) to a dying esport titel?

​beside that, playstation is stronger than xbox in asia. and CoD is played on Playstation now. so maybe it's not the worst decision

​what you also should consider; halo 6 will come to pc and has a chance of being way bigger than halo 5 in asia due to that fact.

​more player, more games, more competition.     

We have a larger community in CoD and tournaments to compete in with pro league spots and worlds. Ever since MCC came out no one cbf and there's nothing to play for. HWC was that one thing that most people were looking forward to and now that it's announced that Asia doesn't get a spot, playstation is the best option. Everyone wants to compete but there are no comps here :/ I really wish that 343 changes the ruling and give Asia 1 spot but at the same time I understand the community would be against it and most people have already made up their mind I guess. Can't say the same for every competitive player in Asia but  The Japanese whom in my opinion are  pretty good and can do really well at hwc weren't even allowed to compete and they just moved on to cod as well so yeah. that pretty much sums it up! :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm sure this was already discussed, but tweeting out the stream, hosting the stream, tweeting congrats to nV, etc. is something he can do. Talks about how he wants Halo to be back on top again, but doesn't even try to bring viewers in for the event. Even Summit hosted the Halo channel, ffs.

He is allowed to do other things and hosted the event he was attending. do you honestly blame ninja on trying to make money from a game he enjoys? dont expect ninja to drop h1z1 when it makes him a lot of money. 

I can see ninja getting back to the grind with the updated standings and stronger emphasis on lans. the more open events we have, the more it will benefit the scene and encourage pros to scrim and grind. i think 2017 could reinvigorate a lot of players and should be a great year

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who would root for this team:

Commonly

Bubu

Shooter

Stellur

How about this one (would never happen):

Bubu

Danoxide

Stellur

Spartan

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Bubu & Suspector should still stick with Shooter. Ryan put up some monster stats this past season and is playing at an elite level.

Have to disagree here. Suspector has widely underperfomred since HWC. Seemed like he has been pretty stagnant the last few seasons. Not really hurting his team but not going off too much either. Shooter also may be one of the smartest minds in the game, but in my opinion doesnt have toe slaying power or movement to keep up. Think about players like snipedown and snakebite, they have both. Bubu is one of the best players in the game and if he's doesnt get on a top 3 team next season I would be shocked. He just needs to make the right moves. Stellur in the same boat. 

It's a little hypocritical of Naded to call out Eco for wanting to improve their roster, during a phase where that was allowed, when Naded retired from OpTic because he didn't want to compete that season. I'm not saying what Naded did was wrong per-say, but more of a pot calling the kettle black.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pretty good list. It's really impossible to put an ordering on these guys, they're all so damn good and have very different playstyles. I've come to think about it like this:

T2:

Ola

You absolutely have Ola in the wrong tier. Nearly any pro (nV & Optic included) will tell you Ola is the best overall player on nV..... did you watch him dominate this weekend? He is an absolute game-changer. Going into this season he only struggled a little with slaying power.... and now he's a monster at that too. Fantastic slayer, amazing flag runs (maybe 2nd to Commonly or 3rd behind Naded), near-perfect decisions.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Just checking in on the new thread...

JMKe332.jpg

EDIT:  Has there been any discussion over the Vetoed tweet with the Fuel Rod clip?

Any "hypothetical" team needs at least two players from a previous roster. No 4 pros are gonna come together and give up their pro league spot, no matter how good the chemistry is. With that said, here is my completely unfounded forum contribution:

How would you guys feel about Bubu replacing Ninja on EG?

RoyBox

StelluR

Bubu

I personally think TL stays together. They pushed nV in a Bo7, who beat OpT this past weekend, and they probably have some of the best chemistry out of all the pro teams.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone care to comment on the constant "bathroom breaks" during the finals?   :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3