CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Goldenboy seems to be a nice guy and has a lot of charisma but his complete lack of game knowledge about the games he casts kills it for me.  His endeavors into Overwatch casting were pretty awful.  It mainly consisted of him yelling whenever someone got a kill with their ultimate and stumbling on his words the rest of the match.  

He has THE golden radio voice and a very likable personality but I just wish he'd learn a bit more about the games he's casting. 

I'll preface this by saying I never heard him cast OW but I remember back when I was getting back into Halo and Goldenboy was a prominent caster I had similar reservations about his style. I felt his wording and phrasing was too generic instead of being game specific.

Somebody with a far better understanding about casting than myself pointed out how it's actually amazing Goldenboy has the ability to cast as many games as he does, part of it is keeping his verbiage more general. Someone I had (and still have) complete admiration and respect for and would gush over had similar feelings about Goldenboy. This was back in 2015 (pretty sure about that) and I think Goldenboy has only gotten better since. 

Hope this helps to see all the stuff he does in a bigger picture, it certainly helped me gain a new perspective on how great he really is. 

You can easily use Visual Basic to preform this function... A PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE MADE BY MICROSOFT WHO 343i IS APART OF.

In this case it would have to be part of the Halo 5 custom client as well but that functionality would not be the most difficult part of making a custom dev version of such a big title. Especially because the feature is esports 101.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You dookin on my chest m8?!?! ;P

In all seriousness, I totally get that assessment. When I did Overwatch for ELEAGUE I was told to keep it high level and general. Bring excitement to the game but don't dive into the weeds. Admittedly, I wasn't as prepared for that event as I would have liked but that was the ask and the difficulties of casting OW weren't obvious to me at the the time. If you look at my work at MLG Vegas there was a much different tone but that was a personal journey I had to take to get there and my peers noticed the change as well.

After the last Halo event I did, I truly lost my love for casting altogether. There was a lot of negativity and it did get to me at times but I realized that I started to really "phone it in" and never challenged myself like I used to. I needed to take a break.

Shifting gears to Overwatch worked because I took a step back and evaluated what I was doing wrong and took steps to change it. Now that I'm committed to full time talent work it's important that I continue to raise my personal bar and keep getting better. I had to step away for a while and take on new challenges to see that. I found my passion again and I'm grateful that Gfinity reached out to me to host the event. Hopefully we crush it. :)

This is the type of shit I'm excited to see.  I'm really happy you were able to figure things out, man.  Looking forward to seeing you at the event. :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

9LKFBV2.png

This still would have been a better venue for worlds than the "ESL Campus" 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Phil Spencer just reiterated that there won't be a Halo FPS this year. With Halo 6 coming next year that seems to all but confirm no Halo 3 Anniversary. FeelsBadMan

• Upvote (+1) 3

Damn. Wish UGC Halo had that much money

You would be surprised to see the amount of money that is dumped into Gears esports compared to the HCS. From a TO perspective they cover almost every expense.  

• Upvote (+1) 7

If they don't either fix MCC or release H3A they will hands down be the stupidest company of all time.

I'll take "Least surprising things ever" for $200, Alex.

• Upvote (+1) 8

If they don't either fix MCC or release H3A they will hands down be the stupidest company of all time.

Are they even planning on supporting MCC anymore?  Whenever it's mentioned in community updates it just says it's on their minds but not that they're necessarily doing anything about it.

You would be surprised to see the amount of money that is dumped into Gears esports compared to the HCS. From a TO perspective they cover almost every expense.  

Plus they have passion, which is priceless.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Whats the viewership like?

Whats the viewership like?

From what i've seen they peak around 5-7k for online and 10-15k for LAN.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pretty cool to see UGC working with The Coalition. Wonder how much this event will differ from the UGC Halo events

If past results hold true, the fact that the Coalition is involved and not 343 means it will be far better.

@@CyReN's right, passion far and away is the most important factor. Doesn't matter how much money MS throws at it.

If past results hold true, the fact that the Coalition is involved and not 343 means it will be far better.

@@CyReN's right, passion far and away is the most important factor. Doesn't matter how much money MS throws at it.

I really believe that after Worlds, they need to start from scratch and form a actual HCS team that solely does work with the HCS. 

Obviously I am assuming that the current people who work on the HCS also handle other things at 343. Need a passionate group and work on nothing but the HCS

• Upvote (+1) 5

They might try and bundle it with h6 to boost sales if they decide to do it at all

• Upvote (+1) 2