CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

CODs sitting at a little over 24k for their first matches (16k on MLG, 7k for Alpha stream on Youtube, 1k for Bravo stream)

CODs sitting at a little over 22k for their first matches (14k on MLG, 7k for Alpha stream on Youtube, 1k for Bravo stream)

I sincerely see cod viewership declining this year in general. There's no way their viewership grows from last year with Infinite Warfare being played, ESPECIALLY when there's MWR

How do you get stuff from warzone? Win packs?

Unlocking a certain amount of grunt kills etc. It's just emblems that you unlock.

I don't have some of those or the emblem for surviving enough entire rounds of breakout.

Anyone want to do no-radar 8s tonight? Say around 11 PST?

I'm 100% in. I'm NOT great at the game, but I really want to try some no radar. 

That's genius. As Moa said, being SR 147+ is a bit disheartening when you gain EXP so slowly. I'm a fourth of the way through 147 and I have 2 million XP remaining. I was wishing they would lower the XP cap required to get 152, but your idea is better from a business standpoint and I wouldn't mind paying some cash for that.

The only issue I could see would be them thinking that once 152 was reached, then people would stop playing the game.

Nobody is going to play THAT much Halo 5, to get to 152 and quit. If you're playing and hit 152, you freaking love Halo. 

And even so, if that were the case...it wouldn't be hard to add some sort of new "tier" to grind for, or set their sights on Champion 1 :)

Until somebody is SR 152 and Champion 1 in every playlist they can be, the grind isnt done. 

I made another version of Rig to test out in forge. Sniper at caster spawn, scattershot at barrels in place of boltshot. Removed plasmas from both starting spawns so sniper can't be naded to either team, and removed one of the splinter grenades from each original spawn leaving only 1. It's just a map for testing balance but instead of playing one test map at a time I figured why not just try to speed up the process. Will file share/bookmark the map today

Yup, I noticed the one Splinter each which was actually a pretty cool idea (Rig T6 removed the BR Splinters and kept the Basement Splinters).

Barrels Scatter is interesting for sure, but make sure you move the SMG from Engine 1 to Bottom Nest like T6. It's a really good change and cuts down on SMG duplicating and auto spam and lopsidedness towards Engine/Bunker setups.

If you load your map variant in Forge, make changes and save it, it'll be pushed to everyone who has bookmarked it.

Not sure if removing Stickies entirely is the best idea though.

Microsoft purchased beam for the tech, not the actual service. Nothing is going to be exclusive to the service.

Has Contra ever really been on a team with 3 other guys that really take online seriously and have great work ethic?

Im hating how people are basically dismissing Heinz on Str8 in here. Not flashy but hes an underrated "glue" player with good work ethic and attitude. I really dont want to see this team change.

Also @@Snip3down, fucking loving the initiative with settings

• Upvote (+1) 6

The best way to get us to buy req packs would be an OG halo team skin packs. I know it will never happen but imagine rocking a Final Boss pistol. It would be a thing of beauty. 

That wouldn't work since MLG owns the rights to those teams.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I can see Halo's exclusivity to Beam as a very real possibility in the future.

Beam is a better site but in terms of viewership Twitch will always be the better choice.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Microsoft purchased beam for the tech, not the actual service. Nothing is going to be exclusive to the service.

Has Contra ever really been on a team with 3 other guys that really take online seriously and have great work ethic?

Im hating how people are basically dismissing Heinz on Str8 in here. Not flashy but hes an underrated "glue" player with good work ethic and attitude. I really dont want to see this team change.

Also @@Snip3down, fucking loving the initiative with settings

Heinz is great, he doesnt Lose games, Contra Burning his Jersey could be a red flag to people thinking about teaming with him, . Is it Just fun or is there a deeper problem....

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

That wouldn't work since MLG owns the rights to those teams.

Yeah I know, thats why I said it would never happen.

Couple things 

1 - Saying that Roy/Box are underrated(IMO) is wrong, they arent performing at the highest level, plain and simple. Until they can find the time to put into Halo practice, they wont be in the levels of nV or OG. I wouldn't blame them at all for not dedicating as much time as others because(unlike more than 70% of other pros)  they do have a life out of the game( actual professional job, wife  etc etc) and  those things out of the game should be priority #1.

2 - The non-Twitch COD  deal makes perfect sense as  Activision is the parent of MLG, they have a broadcasting system in place that works well( not great or awesome, just well) so why not use  it instead of using a different product ? Assuming they can watch it in the In-Game client( I dont know if the game has it), it will be just fine.

3- I'm going to be very honest here, I hope Ghost comes out super clutch with a no-radar settings that go alongside less autos in map, I think the combination of both things can push Halo 5 to perform to the highest levels  since.... ZBNS Reach( it may be a  stretch but that is my belief).

4 - Those Towey videos are  :fire:  :fire:  :fire:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

HOLY SHIT DUDE LIKE WHAT THE FUCK WHAT DO YOU WANT ANOTHER HALO 2?

I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW MCC WORKS PERFECTLY FINE AND IF YOU WANT ANOTHER HALO 2.5 YOU CAN GO PLAY THAT.

HONESTLY SICK OF THESE NOSTALGIA KIDS WHINING ABOUT HOW THEY WANT ANOTHER HALO 3.

Same.

meanwhile Overwatch just entirely reworked a character, significantly changing its balance, and I think they have a 100k tournament this coming weekend. I get that there'll be an adjustment period but it seems like a cop out reason

Well with blizzard you actually have a company that is concerned with optimizing the game and will put in the work to rebalance the game when necessary.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1