CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

There's some new Premium packs coming out in the near future. I imagine that'll get some cash going.

but is there going to be anything new in those packs? That's what I really want to know. 

I can see Halo's exclusivity to Beam as a very real possibility in the future.

Yep, this isn't even up to 343i either.

I know it's easy to knock others in times like these, but before we praise Twitch let's not pretend we weren't on random twitch streams this season and did poorly. Luckily common sense happened and we don't need to deal with that for the near future.

but is there going to be anything new in those packs? That's what I really want to know. 

At the very least they should put the team skin req packs in the game. Why are they so weird about this? Sometimes they are in the game sometimes you have to dig though the crappy Xbox dash board to find them. I literally had to use the Xbox search feature for the first time when I wanted to buy some team skins.

• Upvote (+1) 3

At the very least they should put the team skin req packs in the game. Why are they so weird about this? Sometimes they are in the game sometimes you have to dig though the crappy Xbox dash board to find them. I literally had to use the Xbox search feature for the first time when I wanted to buy some team skins.

Yeah, it's a big problem. It's almost like they don't want to sell them, but they're offering them to shut people up. They'd sell 10x as many if they were listed in game and people besides the competitive scene knew about them. And selling more would mean EVERYONE involved makes more money. I just don't get it.

The best way to get us to buy req packs would be an OG halo team skin packs. I know it will never happen but imagine rocking a Final Boss pistol. It would be a thing of beauty. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

First holy shit that was amazing. And second as someone how never watched any H2A tournaments, did they actually leave the stalagtites you can shoot down turned on it tournament play or did I miss hear that?

@@Mikwen
  • Upvote (+1) 7

First holy shit that was amazing. And second as someone how never watched any H2A tournaments, did they actually leave the stalagtites you can shoot down turned on it tournament play or did I miss hear that?

Yeah, they did. 

Lockdown had the stalactites you could shoot down at top mid, snipe tower and BR tower.

Shrine had the waterfalls you could trigger every so often, making the flag area hidden.

Warlord didn't have anything.

It was talked about a lot back when H2A was the HCS game and it was honestly their first attempt at universal settings. Worked a lot better in that game since most weapons were useless.

You just know that everyone that wanted MLG back is reconsidering now that we know what's going on with COD.

Meh. I think its just a different situation. You have Activision that recently purchased MLG - it makes sense to use what you bought and not use someone else. 

As far as a Halo / MLG involvement, I highly doubt 343 would agree to stream anywhere other than twitch.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I can see Halo's exclusivity to Beam as a very real possibility in the future.

As long as we are relying on hosts from pc gamers to boost viewership, i don't see that happening.

The HCS brand isn't strong enough to get decent viewership on 3rd party twitch streams. Imagine the drop it would get of beam was the only source.

I do forsee MS games getting beam integration to make that service more enticing. But it'll be in addition to the twitch stream.

I'm also out of things to get for reqs besides for some odd emblems that can only be unlocked by grinding warzone/breakout. I just wish their would be some more exclusive stuff. Maybe just for playing a game on a specific day those people get a specific skin or something? Just so there is a little more variety with what you see people having besides for 3 or 4 skins/team skins.

They don't have to be flashy by any means. You could just unlocked a skin for playing 5 games on Dec 28th and then a different one for Jan 2nd or something like that. 

*doesn't play on stream*

NINJA NEVER PLAYS HALO ANYMORE

Lol 

You're back, I thought you were too busy making your app, Have you already finished? Where can I download it?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It'd be neat if they started selling boosts.

5x Req Points for 10x Games and 5x Rank EXP for 10x Games.

Stuff of that nature.

I really like this idea.

• Upvote (+1) 3

As far as a Halo / MLG involvement, I highly doubt 343 would agree to stream anywhere other than twitch.

With Microsoft owning 343, if they decide to promote Beam and stop supporting other platforms, I don't think they'll have any choice in the matter.

Highly unlikely at this point, but we've all seen crazy things before.

It'd be neat if they started selling boosts. 

5x Req Points for 10x Games and 5x Rank EXP for 10x Games.

Stuff of that nature.

As an SR-148 - PLEASE.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only thing that wont be streamed on twitch is just this Vegas btw.

Pretty sure CWL and upcoming events will be streamed on twitch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really like this idea.

As an SR-148 - PLEASE.

League of Legends does this, and people eat that shit up for leveling smurfs. It makes sense. Got a day off work and want to grind? Buy a boost and maximize your potential. Make 24 hour period boosts, and X amount of game boosts. Set them at different prices, and let people go nuts. 

People that want Req Packs will bite at the chance to get more Req Points and people that care about their SR or need that little boost to get over a hump (SR-148) will bite at those.

Its a win - win. 

The only complaint I could think of from the top of my head is: "If we sell boosts for Req Points, people wont buy Req Packs". False. Req Packs are an instant gratification, and its not like you're losing the money...its just going into a different revenue stream.

Seems like a no brainer to me.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Guys, if you look at the direction Microsoft is going with a lot of their products (Office on iOS, Cortana being open to 3rd party developers, etc.), forcing exclusivity to Beam is entirely contradictory to the company direction.

You can stop worrying about that.

As someone who deals with Microsoft all the time in Enterprise, not so sure about that. Go look up Azure Stack and see how deceptive they were with it. People were/are pissed.

As someone who deals with Microsoft all the time in Enterprise, not so sure about that. Go look up Azure Stack and see how deceptive they were with it. People were/are pissed.

@@Pono literally works for Microsoft. If anyone would know it would be Pono. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

League of Legends does this, and people eat that shit up for leveling smurfs. It makes sense. Got a day off work and want to grind? Buy a boost and maximize your potential. Make 24 hour period boosts, and X amount of game boosts. Set them at different prices, and let people go nuts. 

People that want Req Packs will bite at the chance to get more Req Points and people that care about their SR or need that little boost to get over a hump (SR-148) will bite at those.

Its a win - win. 

The only complaint I could think of from the top of my head is: "If we sell boosts for Req Points, people wont buy Req Packs". False. Req Packs are an instant gratification, and its not like you're losing the money...its just going into a different revenue stream.

Seems like a no brainer to me.

That's genius. As Moa said, being SR 147+ is a bit disheartening when you gain EXP so slowly. I'm a fourth of the way through 147 and I have 2 million XP remaining. I was wishing they would lower the XP cap required to get 152, but your idea is better from a business standpoint and I wouldn't mind paying some cash for that.

The only issue I could see would be them thinking that once 152 was reached, then people would stop playing the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

With Microsoft owning 343, if they decide to promote Beam and stop supporting other platforms, I don't think they'll have any choice in the matter.

Highly unlikely at this point, but we've all seen crazy things before.

Sure - I was talking specifically about Activision & MLG.TV. 

If everyone were forced onto Beam which I doubt would happen, that would be a disaster. 

Huh, just looked into the CWL vegas event because I'll be in vegas tomorrow... can't get in to spectate for free.

That's another thing we have going for us... except for Finals weren't all the events last season free to attend and spectate?

I'm also out of things to get for reqs besides for some odd emblems that can only be unlocked by grinding warzone/breakout. I just wish their would be some more exclusive stuff. Maybe just for playing a game on a specific day those people get a specific skin or something? Just so there is a little more variety with what you see people having besides for 3 or 4 skins/team skins.

They don't have to be flashy by any means. You could just unlocked a skin for playing 5 games on Dec 28th and then a different one for Jan 2nd or something like that.

How do you get stuff from warzone? Win packs?