CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

:ace: I would see that as quite the upgrade tbh.

It is, the 2gre is very solid, he may not be the best but he is very consistent and rarely tilts. I think Tom could make this team better.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I think someone named Tom Ryan is available.

I mean, you would think he would know how to handle the twins when in a tilt fest and he still consistently plays... hmm...  

Honestly, yeah, just pick up Ogre 2. He has gotten way better at H5, and he's still got tremendous natural talent. And he'd gel well with the twins, and possibly keep Contra from tilting too much. He'd be a good captain.

Devon quit because his xbox "kept freezing". Said he was reinstalling Halo 5. Which led to this exchange with Towey who questioned why he wouldn't try playing somewhere else.

https://clips-media-assets.twitch.tv/24531577120-offset-12113.91600000002-51.mp4

-Devon +Anyone at this point. EG needs a change and Contra is a better player.

The whole team was tilting all night.. even Towey. Between games seemed too focused on the "could ofs, should ofs, would ofs" which can be brought up after the scrim as opposed to "alright, what are we doing next gametype, lets take this one" 

Hindsight is 20/20 though.. just my two cents

Posted the Battleground Breakdown in a separate thread(Under Halo GD), as it may or may not create a little ruckus and I didn't want to derail this thread too much. But its definitely live so head over to the YouTube or check the other thread in the Halo GD. Video includes answers to funding, launch date, next open beta, and all that other good stuff. 

In other news, every time I watch EG videos, they sound so defeated. Not even just in terms of skill, but confidence in their entire squad. I'm confident we'll see a split at the earliest possible time.   

• Upvote (+1) 5

When I saw ogre 2 all I could think of was Dizzy from The New Guy before his transformation

• Upvote (+1) 1

It just seems like EG has completely given up

I agree. 

EG seems like that forced group project from school where everyone dislikes each other. You can't sugarcoat it anymore and pretend these are one time things.

Ugh, don't remind me. I hated group projects. Always did all of the work myself to make sure the grade was an A. 

Its crazy to think that within just over a year EG went from #1 to maybe top 6 and that is a pretty big maybe.

Definitely disappointing. Watching Roy got me into Halo 5 and competitive Halo in general. So it sucks that to see him on the outside looking in.

Losing two or the top players in the game AND having outside responsibilities take away from grind time is a recipe for decline. But it still sucks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

First impression of this guy isn't far from what I've pictured. Wearing sunglasses inside drinking a mamosa. Repeatedly talking about being "highly intoxicated" and kinda just generally being a douche.

But I do think higher of moneymatches watching and listening to this. Idk if I'll ever like the guy but I can accept him.

Idk how successful or popular it'll be in halo, I but I can see it succeeding in other games.

• Upvote (+1) 8

First impression of this guy isn't far from what I've pictured. Wearing sunglasses inside drinking a mamosa. Repeatedly talking about being "highly intoxicated" and kinda just generally being a douche.

But I do think higher of moneymatches watching and listening to this. Idk if I'll ever like the guy but I can accept him.

Idk how successful or popular it'll be in halo, I but I can see it succeeding in other games.

For what its worth, he's outside. He's on the patio at the bar. 

Let me know what you think with the rest of the episode. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

This might be nitpicking to the extreme but if you're ever being interviewed for something and you're not blind or staring directly into the sun please take off your sunglasses.

As a disclaimer I'm not using the sunglasses to form an opinion on the guy, I just personally think it's an interview etiquette thing.

Edit: Dammit Fizzy just saw your post. There's something about it that sill bugs me but like I said it's nitpicking and my own personal thing.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I liked this one a lot more. Shorter, less match.com profile fluff and spending more time on what's interesting/the perspective that the guest can give.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

i agree, this guy seems to be a jerk that i'd never want to hang out with, but the business seems less shady now. i dont like that he keeps flaunting his money and stuff but as long as he pays his players and doesnt steal shit. i feel better knowing that the platform has the backing of a bank

• Upvote (+1) 4

i think you did a great job interviewing him and keeping him on track when he rambled on. it is interesting that E6 apparently owned the roster and the seed

• Upvote (+1) 3

I liked this one a lot more. Shorter, less match.com profile fluff and spending more time on what's interesting/the perspective that the guest can give.

I'm glad it came off this way. I really enjoyed talking and getting to know @@TheSimms, but when I click onto a video thats longer than I want it to be, its an auto turn off. I'm hoping I can continue to hone in on the formula of the show and make them shorter, sweeter, and to the point. Thanks for the feedback my dude. 

i agree, this guy seems to be a jerk that i'd never want to hang out with, but the business seems less shady now. i dont like that he keeps flaunting his money and stuff but as long as he pays his players and doesnt steal shit. i feel better knowing that the platform has the backing of a bank

I've mentioned doing a follow up "fact checker" video on a handful of the statements Zach makes. I'm not sure if I will or not yet, but it could be an interesting short video. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I agree. 

Ugh, don't remind me. I hated group projects. Always did all of the work myself to make sure the grade was an A. 

I never really cared about grades, so If my teammates let me down whatever.  I'm not going to carry you lol.

Definitely disappointing. Watching Roy got me into Halo 5 and competitive Halo in general. So it sucks that to see him on the outside looking in.

Losing two or the top players in the game AND having outside responsibilities take away from grind time is a recipe for decline. But it still sucks.

Same.  I don't have this 5k badge for nothing.  If i hadn't watched that team upset a half dozen others on their way to 4th place at their first tourney, i probably would not have gotten sucked into comp. halo.  That's why opens are so important.

I've mentioned doing a follow up "fact checker" video on a handful of the statements Zach makes. I'm not sure if I will or not yet, but it could be an interesting short video. 

im sure we all know that guy who says his uncles friend owns a football team or some obvious bullshit and brags about things not related to him. he comes off like that.

he is the elrlich bachman of gaming

tumblr_n45iqcgU901si3gq6o1_500.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7