CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Just curious, isn't the Gfinity tournament an open Lan? how come none of the N.A. teams want to travel and compete? 

I don't know if there is a rule against it, but can you imagine OpTic, nV, and Liquid going over and taking top 3? What do they do, give HWC spots to 4,5,6? What about the teams the NA guys beat? Even if they are allowed, I really don't think they should. 

You just violated rule 182.a on page 138 of the Memeologist's handbook for plagiarism.

You can find the above referenced rulebook at halo.gg/rulebook.

Actually they can't be found there, rules will be updated soon though. :simms:

I don't know if there is a rule against it, but can you imagine OpTic, nV, and Liquid going over and taking top 3? What do they do, give HWC spots to 4,5,6? What about the teams the NA guys beat? Even if they are allowed, I really don't think they should.

I think since its a EU qualifier it is open for any EU team but NA teams arent allowed to compete

• Upvote (+1) 3

All I think of is Slytherin when I see that logo.

I like to think it represents the fact that Bubus team got snaked on their pro league spot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Got a new article up!

I noticed on Reddit that a lot of people have been talking about nV recently, even saying that they needed to split :apg: , and I wrote this in response.

Hope you guys enjoy!

http://thegamehaus.com/2017/02/14/team-envyus-a-rough-patch-or-falling-apart/

Minor edit, but you have Huke listed as Huke "Cuyler" Garland, switched his alias and his first name. Good read though

• Upvote (+1) 1

Minor edit, but you have Huke listed as Huke "Cuyler" Garland, switched his alias and his first name. Good read though

Fixed, thanks for the heads-up!

• Upvote (+1) 1

halo.gg is an embarrassment 

@ relevant 343 people who read this forum

No ggs for that website. 

I could navigate it but I lose patience very fast with Halo related things these days.

No ggs for that website. 

I could navigate it but I lose patience very fast with Halo related things these days.

Unfortunately, .bg isn't a valid domain extension (yet), so I can't go ahead and buy halo.bg, which would be absolutely hilarious. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

You have to feel for Mikwen. It doesn't matter how well he plays or doesn't plays, if nV underperforms, people will point to him and blame him because he doesn't the pedigree that the other three have. (Pistola from H2/H3/Reach, Snipedown from H3/Reach/H2A) and Huke from his insane H5 plays and CoD.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I like having Splyce in Halo. Not too surprised as they are expanding pretty rapidly. It shows me how we really need to expand the playerbase because there are only 8 or 10 teams worth sponsoring at the moment IMO. Look at other esports (even Gears) which have more top tier orgs. 

Orgs looking to expand

Echo Fox

NRG

eUnited

Cloud9 

Gosu Crew came into the halo scene :)

You have to feel for Mikwen. It doesn't matter how well he plays or doesn't plays, if nV underperforms, people will point to him and blame him because he doesn't the pedigree that the other three have. (Pistola from H2/H3/Reach, Snipedown from H3/Reach/H2A) and Huke from his insane H5 plays and CoD.

Exactly my point. when you have a team of 4 slayers, there's only so many kills to go around. in the meantime, he's begun to be an excellent flex player

• Upvote (+1) 2

I like having Splyce in Halo. Not too surprised as they are expanding pretty rapidly. It shows me how we really need to expand the playerbase because there are only 8 or 10 teams worth sponsoring at the moment IMO. Look at other esports (even Gears) which have more top tier orgs.

Orgs looking to expand

Echo Fox

NRG

eUnited

Cloud9

Hard to build an am scene when you keep fucking over the am scene
  • Upvote (+1) 4

I wouldn't really say it has anything to do with a pedigree or anything like that. Its not just Mikwen either. Mikwen and Ola have some of the lowest lows and, obviously, some of the biggest swings to the greatest heights. I can remember from H3 to now if you watch extended series with ola he typically comes away with a really really bad game at some point but it was always overshadowed by the other three or four where he smashes the other team going double digit positive. People are going to (sometimes stupidly) point fingers when games like that happen. I feel like in H5 some of that streaky gameplay has been more subdued though

• Upvote (+1) 1

It really doesn't help that basically for the whole year (outside of around worlds) there are only at best probably 10 teams worth sponsoring.

More open events and some incentive for am players other than a chance for 2 to maybe get into pro league are a start and would form more teams and hence, get more orgs. I also feel more international events would get more orgs as outside of NA, there is pretty much no lan. In EU, the last open LAN was about a year ago. The better players are in NA but when everyone else doesn't have the opportunity how do you expect them to get better

Also, how cool would it be for events having international teams constantly. I could see other regions getting better this way

• Upvote (+1) 2

that is a huge problem with competitive halo right now. there is now opportunity for am teams to break in with o league and they were actively told to fuck off when the pro teams were gifted 16000 points for worlds. its insanely stupid that unless pnda disbands either inc or alg will not be pros for summer and will have 0 chance of making back in until relegation at the END of the season

• Upvote (+1) 5

Isnt there a COD tourny this weekend in Paris. If NA was allowed to compete at Gfinity I would think it would be easy money for the org/players.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree. The MLG pro circuit approach is much more efficient for console esports than online leagues will be for PC esports such as CS:GO. 

It really doesn't help that basically for the whole year (outside of around worlds) there are only at best probably 10 teams worth sponsoring.

More open events and some incentive for am players other than a chance for 2 to maybe get into pro league are a start and would form more teams and hence, get more orgs. I also feel more international events would get more orgs as outside of NA, there is pretty much no lan. In EU, the last open LAN was about a year ago. The better players are in NA but when everyone else doesn't have the opportunity how do you expect them to get better

Also, how cool would it be for events having international teams constantly. I could see other regions getting better this way

I agree. Open events and reimbursing open teams that make pool play (Adam is right, pool play is godlike) for travel expenses is a good start. EU/LATAM/ANZ need open LAN events as well. If 343 got their shit together Halo could be a dominant esport, but that's me sounding salty like Saucey or CyRen.  

I agree. The MLG pro circuit approach is much more efficient for console esports than online leagues will be for PC esports such as CS:GO. 

I agree. Open events and reimbursing open teams that make pool play (Adam is right, pool play is godlike) for travel expenses is a good start. EU/LATAM/ANZ need open LAN events as well. If 343 got their shit together Halo could be a dominant esport, but that's me sounding salty like Saucey or CyRen.  

When do I sound salty again?