CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

OT but as of today, The Cod World League is not going to be streamed on Twitch, and is now MLG.Tv exclusive. We should be very fortunate for what we have so far for competitive Halo and thankfully stupid shit like that would never happen to us. Carry on

yikes, I thought MLG had completely given up on that streaming platform ... wow

Link to info? I saw Youtube had the rights for Vegas this weekend but is CWL MLG.tv specific?

It's gonna be on both MLG.tv and Youtube.com/mlg

Welcome to the Halo Championship Series Halo World Championships 2017 presented exclusively on Beam!

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

Twitch is the best streaming site, no question. Youtube is catching up, but the community isn't as good yet.

I think youtube is a much better platform when it comes to the media player; twitch is anything but seamless. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

By the way...

Regret's Plasma Caster now has reduced ammo (15 Shots -> 10)

And the pros are all playing a secret version of Rig with Sniper on the old Plasma Caster spawn but I'm not sure what the hell is going on there since Ghost hasn't put an updated version in his files and the pros can't even share the map amongst themselves so Rig is currently an enigma but we'll likely see some sort of reshuffling to balance Slayer out more efficiently.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Free admission to spectators. I hope to see everyone there very soon.

Great to hear admission is free for spectators this time around. Me and some friends will be driving up from Memphis.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know how many other people are in my position, but I have everything req wise (outside of team skins). With the announcement of crowd funding, I hope they add in more reqs consistently. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Welcome to the Halo Championship Series Halo World Championships 2017 presented exclusively on Beam!

Lol don't even joke like this!

It would be neat if we had a beam powered in-game client in addition to the twitch stream.

By the way...

Regret's Plasma Caster now has reduced ammo (15 Shots -> 10)

And the pros are all playing a secret version of Rig with Sniper on the old Plasma Caster spawn but I'm not sure what the hell is going on there since Ghost hasn't put an updated version in his files and the pros can't even share the map amongst themselves so Rig is currently an enigma but we'll likely see some sort of reshuffling to balance Slayer out more efficiently.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's a version Snip3down created personally.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's a version Snip3down created personally.

I surely hope so, it reverted some things that Ghost did that were really good for the map (which would make sense if SDown just quickly swapped the Sniper around) so I'll just wait until the newest variant and drop some changelist notes for you guys.

I made another version of Rig to test out in forge. Sniper at caster spawn, scattershot at barrels in place of boltshot. Removed plasmas from both starting spawns so sniper can't be naded to either team, and removed one of the splinter grenades from each original spawn leaving only 1. It's just a map for testing balance but instead of playing one test map at a time I figured why not just try to speed up the process. Will file share/bookmark the map today

You all should test camo spawning in after 2 minutes into the game, kinda like the Construct MLG set up. Reason being because Red has an easier time getting it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

OT but as of today, The Cod World League is not going to be streamed on Twitch, and is now MLG.Tv exclusive. We should be very fortunate for what we have so far for competitive Halo and thankfully stupid shit like that would never happen to us. Carry on

MLG going full ****** as usual.

To be honest I don't see ninja getting picked up by a pro team. He hasn't been playing enough so it's justifiable that some top arms would definitely be a better choice. Also I wouldn't be surprised to see Eco take Spartans spot on liquid

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 7

I don't know how many other people are in my position, but I have everything req wise (outside of team skins). With the announcement of crowd funding, I hope they add in more reqs consistently. 

I was thinking the same thing. I want to support the HCS but there is nothing in the game I want to spend money on. They really need to drop some cool stuff if they want crowd funding to make a big impact. I wonder what percentage they are keeping and what goes into the prize pool. I don't see reqs raising a lot of money this late in the game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I was thinking the same thing. I want to support the HCS but there is nothing in the game I want to spend money on. They really need to drop some cool stuff if they want crowd funding to make a big impact. I wonder what percentage they are keeping and what goes into the prize pool. I don't see reqs raising very much money this late in the game.

There's some new Premium packs coming out in the near future. I imagine that'll get some cash going.

To be honest I don't see ninja getting picked up by a pro team. He hasn't been playing enough so it's justifiable that some top arms would definitely be a better choice. Also I wouldn't be surprised to see Eco take Spartans spot on liquid

*doesn't play on stream*

NINJA NEVER PLAYS HALO ANYMORE

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I was thinking the same thing. I want to support the HCS but there is nothing in the game I want to spend money on. They really need to drop some cool stuff if they want crowd funding to make a big impact. I wonder what percentage they are keeping and what goes into the prize pool. I don't see reqs raising a lot of money this late in the game.

It'd be neat if they started selling boosts. 

5x Req Points for 10x Games and 5x Rank EXP for 10x Games.

Stuff of that nature.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Thank god we don't have to deal with stuff like that. 

Imagine Halo being exclusive to any other platform other than Twitch.

I can see Halo's exclusivity to Beam as a very real possibility in the future.

• Upvote (+1) 1