CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

No one knows where there funding is coming from, no one knows when the website is actually coming out, no one knows how they are the only legitimate eSports betting  company in the US or if thats even true. 

I asked all of these questions, and got answers for each.

Whether you believe them or not, if you decide to watch the episode, is up to you. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Waiting on Gamurdexerto article about how that guy fired that guy...next to twitter video about finding 'bad bitches'

It is all a fucking cringe fest.

Awesome post by Josh, but can we hurry up and implement something 16 months ago? Instead of sitting here discussing it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Waiting on Gamurdexerto article about how that guy fired that guy...next to twitter video about finding 'bad bitches'

I can't handle these memes.

Its pretty easy to do. Its a simple call to the API, so its as up to date as it can be.

8JbUlov.png

Note that the maximum number of players returned in this call is 250, and the start number is fixed as 0. That means that this request can only return the top 250 players, and not any players after that. That's how it's setup right on h5arena.

As of right now, I don't believe there's any reliable way of getting ranks outside of the top 250, without having to track all players.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That party restrictions solution is trash and and he should feel bad. Just give us party restrictions we don't want this pseudo - balance bullshit.

Yes because the guy who has designed quite literally all of the best rank and matchmaking systems currently in use doesn't know what hes talking about.  

• Upvote (+1) 7

Anything Money Matches related:

whothehellcares.gif

I only care in so much as I would hate to see teams/players involved in some legal mess down the road for being affiliated/involved. Outside of that, I agree with your sentiment.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I sadly listen to it. It's just something to do during my drive when I have listened to everything else. It's pretty boring.

"Who is the best teammate you've ever had?"

So if someone came along and made a new show that had two dynamic hosts that happened to be forum dwellers you might listen more intently? 

Why do I feel like 'virtue signalling' is the new 'indubitably'? People love to use that phrase to make themselves sound smarter than they actually are, without even knowing what it means.

I'm a fan of indubitably. I tend to say it ironically, but I'm still a fan of the word. 

i think call of duty had the perfect shitstorm then activision tried to push its new brand of mlg with a shitty game (i'm  about halfway through the video) it sounds like even with twitch numbers fell during blops3. its hard to separate the reason for the drop in viewers. 100k for IW seems good to me, but who knows what it would of been on twitch. the numbers mlg reports have looked good though http://www.vgchartz.com/article/258681/mlg-viewership-has-grown-253-this-year/. that said i would be nervous to go to another platform straight away

outside of the streaming platform, i love how mlg brings press to events

http://www.espn.com/esports/story/_/id/18671679/major-league-gaming-atlanta-titans-cod-fall-grace

i'd love to see those kinds of write ups for halo

ESPN covers Halo events/rumblings. @@esportsdoug works for ESPN and covers Halo/CoD. Dexerto and Gamurs are the only other "major" gaming outlets that cover Halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes because the guy who has designed quite literally all of the best rank and matchmaking systems currently in use doesn't know what hes talking about.

Yeah I know that, but I also know he is working for 343 one of the worst AAA developers. Mente work is Blizzard is light years ahead of his work in 343
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah I know that, but I also know he is working for 343 one of the worst AAA developers. Mente work is Blizzard is light years ahead of his work in 343

I wouldn't say 343 is one of the worst AAA developers but they are really stubborn.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think this flexible party restriction, or whatever you want to call it, is a great idea in theory. That said, I know better than to believe that this will work as planned. Hope 343 can prove me wrong and I think it's worth a shot, but I'm hesitant.

if we're being honest, it can't possibly work worse than matchmaking is currently

I don't come here for one day and you guys are saying you wish we were on MLG.tv because of one event you watched on there, where optic was making an insane losers run which of course will make viewership crazy. Also where it was the only place you could watch unless you wanted to watch an hour later and already know results. It's not a coincidence that once everyone and everything was on MLG viewership dropped. You guys want halo to grow I hope, well if that's the case just stop lol. MLG is amazing and I want them to run events too but that's just too far. You're going to get such a small fraction of new growth if you were only on MLG as opposed to twitch. So many people use twitch on a daily basis and run into new things, that's the beauty of it. Just please please stop sounding like the cod community did before the MLG.tv fiasco when we've already seen the results. 

There is a lot of uneducated conjecture in this post that is completely not supported by data and is actually quite false. That being said, I don't care where the content is distributed I just run dope events. 

I'm not saying you two should square off or anything, but I would pay good money to see a Tag-Team Cage Match

Lethul
Davinci Cougar

v

MLG Adam
Frank 

the fucking show

• Upvote (+1) 2

Who was also designed by Menke btw.

Which was heavily modified after Menke left 343. What we're playing on now was not his doing. No doubt 343 wanted him back because they didn't have anyone who was skilled enough to handle it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Frank and I would fuck shit up. Similar to Hulk throwing Cap, I can see me hurling Frank holding his uncensored shield of meme at our opponents with deadly results. 

@@mediabrute turn this into a gif or you're dead to me.

• Upvote (+1) 6

if we're being honest, it can't possibly work worse than matchmaking is currently

I agree. I just meant, I don't think it will work in practice as well as it does in theory, especially with 343 implementing it. As I said, it's worth a shot, because you're right, matchmaking is currently shit.

i think call of duty had the perfect shitstorm then activision tried to push its new brand of mlg with a shitty game (i'm  about halfway through the video) it sounds like even with twitch numbers fell during blops3. its hard to separate the reason for the drop in viewers. 100k for IW seems good to me, but who knows what it would of been on twitch. the numbers mlg reports have looked good though http://www.vgchartz.com/article/258681/mlg-viewership-has-grown-253-this-year/. that said i would be nervous to go to another platform straight away

outside of the streaming platform, i love how mlg brings press to events

http://www.espn.com/esports/story/_/id/18671679/major-league-gaming-atlanta-titans-cod-fall-grace

i'd love to see those kinds of write ups for halo

I've offered my photo services to ESPN for Halo multiple times. Never heard back from them.

I am sure they will write up something once Worlds happens with It being the biggest Halo event. I could see them doing something around Vegas as well. Lets hope they do.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Frank and I would fuck shit up. Similar to Hulk throwing Cap, I can see me hurling Frank holding his uncensored shield of meme at our opponents with deadly results. 

Plus I raised Lethul at the Combine, big brothers don't lose to little brothers.

o we know 

:tear: what could have been. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

His involvement in open discussion is really on point right now. I would be willing to bet 10 to 1 that any failures in the og ranking system weren't his fault.  Total conjecture here, but "reading between the lines" with his posts and discussion, he has a lot of power in designing the mm system right now.

I didn't know you guys could see how many warning points we had.

Let me ask you a math question;

If you took my warning points and subtracted 14 from it, what would you get?

spartans M2 trailer was not good.

Really Off Topic but does any of you shit talk people who rage quit in competitive multiplayer games? Like sending messages and calling them out for their bullshit.

• Upvote (+1) 1