CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Not really, because you are punishing player by not being good enough parties every time they play , if the value is fixed you will always get shited on. Why are you guys behind this idea ??.

It should be party restrictions period. If you search as to4 you should find to4 why is that such a hard concept??

It's not, but it's not the only consideration in matchmaking. Skill, connection, wait times all factor in.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wow it's crazy. He responded directly to feedback required and actually implemented ideas that the community longed for.

I think the next step to save Halo is to get Longo and Tashi in a room with Menke for a class on accepting criticism and objective feedback review.

The HCS/Sandbox feedback loop is : If They Hate A + Prefer B, then go with a C that's worse than A

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wow it's crazy. He responded directly to feedback required and actually implemented ideas that the community longed for.

I think the next step to save Halo is to get Longo and Tashi in a room with Menke for a class on accepting criticism and objective feedback review.

Throw Tom French in for good measure.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Its pretty easy to do. Its a simple call to the API, so its as up to date as it can be.

8JbUlov.png

Huh. did not know there's a call for that. Thanks 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I made a new emote 

1dNe7Er.png  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That party restrictions solution is trash and and he should feel bad. Just give us party restrictions we don't want this pseudo - balance bullshit.

No, it's a logical solution: if they have objective data on how much better a TO4 is, than a similarly skilled Team of Soloqer's they should use it. The system will either match TO4 w/ TO4s or match TO4s against mixed teams that are capable of winning 50% of the time.

In either case, it's a good measure of true skill, and a good matchup and doesn't have the side effect of increasing wait times.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not really, because you are punishing player by not being good enough parties every time they play , if the value is fixed you will always get shited on. Why are you guys behind this idea ??.

It should be party restrictions period. If you search as to4 you should find to4 why is that such a hard concept??

Punishing players for being bad is a bad thing? Teamwork is part of the game. If the value is fixed and you lose, they were better. You just have to find the correct value which is possible with the data Josh has. Party restrictions would be great and this is getting close to that. Nobody is blind here. We know what the end game is. The problem is Josh is a smart enough guy to know that with our current population numbers and ranked distribution this is the closest thing we can get.

I haven't finished reading the post but I disagree with this part:

" If your opponent can only beat you 1 in 30 games, then you should only get 1 point for beating them, assuming your current CSR is in the right place. Conversely, if you beat a team that usually beats you 29 out of 30 times, you should get 29 points, and they should lose 29 points. This keeps the system accurate."

I know they're making up these values on the spot, but i'll work with them.

If you beat them that 1 time out of 30, Obviously it was an extremely rare instance, that shouldn't mean u should get a huge amount of points since you'll just get stomped by the players at your newly acquired level.

IMO as a social player, you should only acquire half or a third of those points, since this match making system should be showing how consistent you are as to winning/losing at your current rank. Not - Win ONCE (go up by a lot), then lose a whole bunch of times since you somehow took down the team that has been basically beating you for a whole day.

I think you are reading it wrong. They system isn't only trying to interpret how good you are, it's constantly trying to recalibrate its interpretation of you.

If the system thinks you should only win a particular match 1/30 time, but you win it he first time, it needs to continue to test that water to see if you've improved, so it significantly bumps up that CSR.

If you do that match 29 more times and lose each time, you'll PROPERLY end up right back where you started.

If you win some of those next 29 matches, you'll have a CSR that shows you've improved. The system will know that you are better than the 1/30 it had initially assumed for you in that matchup.

On the flip side of that, if the other team beat beats you 29/30, just as the system expected, then their CSR will also end up right where it started.

Im pretty excited. A 343 team memeber asked us for feedback, listened, and then implemented it. When did menke come back to halo? It hasnt been that long and stuff is moving forward

• Upvote (+1) 8

Im pretty excited. A 343 team memeber asked us for feedback, listened, and then implemented it. When did menke come back to halo? It hasnt been that long and stuff is moving forward

Honestly, this, along with the feedback that bubbled up when ske7ch first came in, tells me that most of these areas that we are lacking transparency on are only that way because no one currently owns the feature...

Like who was working on matchmaking before Josh? Apparently no one?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Honestly, this, along with the feedback that bubbled up when ske7ch first came in, tells me that most of these areas that we are lacking transparency on are only that way because no one currently owns the feature...

Like who was working on matchmaking before Josh? Apparently no one?

The 343 team felt like my coworkers:there is shit to do and we all know it, but theyd rather be scrolling through their phone

I think this flexible party restriction, or whatever you want to call it, is a great idea in theory. That said, I know better than to believe that this will work as planned. Hope 343 can prove me wrong and I think it's worth a shot, but I'm hesitant.

Sorry brother, but I knocked you back to non-gold bar with an accidental mobile neg.

Edit: Never mind, just bumped you back up! @@Craneteam

b46tmC1.png

Thats crazy man you apologize and make up for it and they are STILL trying to plus rep you and get you off your red bar. The nerve of some people. Some people can only find ease with revenge

• Upvote (+1) 3

There is a lot of uneducated conjecture in this post that is completely not supported by data and is actually quite false. That being said, I don't care where the content is distributed I just run dope events. 

Let us host the Beach LAN on MLG.TV yo

• Upvote (+1) 4

There is a lot of uneducated conjecture in this post that is completely not supported by data and is actually quite false. That being said, I don't care where the content is distributed I just run dope events.

I MAKE DOPE BEATS.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the matchmaking changes don't do anything to discourage the use of derankers/boosters? Part of me thinks it sounds like it would be fairly beneficial to use them to acquire a high rank. This may still currently be the case already, as I know it was at least in a few past seasons. And if this is the case, and they are actually considering giving awards for high ranks.. well it's easy to tell what will happen. 

Unless of course this has already been addressed in recent seasons, I have no idea honestly. My matches are all over the place when I do play in terms of what ranks I go against. 

They should consider an expanded range on CSR, and introduce level/rating boundaries like Overwatch. 

Sorry brother, but I knocked you back to non-gold bar with an accidental mobile neg.

Edit: Never mind, just bumped you back up! @@Craneteam

b46tmC1.png

I didn't know you guys could see how many warning points we had.

Let me ask you a math question;

If you took my warning points and subtracted 14 from it, what would you get?