CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This.

Please ask tough questions in your interview.  And let him know you are going to ask the tough questions so he doesn't run away or freeze up.  

Remember you can't get your ass beat through a computer.   :lxthul: 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I agree, but he made it clear that would not happen for H5 given the team's priorities and workload. Sucks, but at least we have a straight answer.

I disagree. They should have over a year of data showing exactly how much of an advantage being in that party gives. It's not that complicated at all. They likely have enough data to make dynamic values of the to4 advantages at various skill ranges.

I'm sure there will be some issues to work out as it's implemented, but the CSR and party restriction solutions are good ones, IMO.

It would have to be dinámic values for every single player configuration, and a self correcting systems that account for team improvement over time. Pretty complicated solution to a simple problem of fucking party restrictions.

Please ask tough questions in your interview.  And let him know you are going to ask the tough questions so he doesn't run away or freeze up.  

Remember you can't get your ass beat through a computer.   :lxthul: 

Interviews already done, but heres a sample of a few of the questions:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You’ve commented that Money Matches is the only Esports betting website. What makes you different when compared to other Esports betting sites like: BOVADA?

Money Matches consistently claims they’re “legitimizing Esports”, how?

We’ve been waiting what feels like forever for Money Matches to officially launch. The timer on the Money Matches homepage has ticked down to zero, and we’re still in the dark. Any information you can share regarding a launch plan or date?

Where does Money Matches get its funding?

The Enigma6 to Panda Gaming controversy was arguably one of the biggest in Halo history. What was Money Matches involvement within that?

• Upvote (+1) 9

Leavers and Surrender

I have a couple of follow up points here based on some of your comments and questions.

• Can you tell the difference between network issues and a normal quit? Yes, but we can’t tell the difference between network issues and someone pulling the plug. If you know all you have to do to avoid losing CSR and getting banned is to pull the plug instead of the usual quit, what would you do? Because of this, we have to penalize equally.

• Can you have a less harsh CSR penalty for surrendering? No, because then everyone would collude to surrender if it looked like they were going to lose. This would make figuring out when exactly we allow a surrender much harder. We have to treat a surrender the same as a normal loss. Any variation on this can lead to exploits. For example, if you lost less points for surrendering because 2 people left the match, then it would be advantageous to convince two teammates to leave so you could surrender and take a smaller hit to your CSR.

An idea for these problems:

• What if the game remembers how many times you've surrendered in the past 5-6 matches, and then calculates CSR scores for a win/loss/surrender based on that? Surrenders cause a smaller loss of CSR than straight losses, but if you have any recent surrenders, the points you get for a win are reduced. You could make it non-linear so that it strongly penalizes people who are trying to game the system, making the reduction in win points more than offset the reduction in loss points. Meanwhile, you make the experience better for people who are grinding and occasionally lose a match because some fuck quits, which is the pain point we're trying to fix.

It would have to be dinámic values for every single player configuration, and a self correcting systems that account for team improvement over time. Pretty complicated solution to a simple problem of fucking party restrictions.

This would be way more precise than necessary, which is likely why they're not taking that approach. They could just determine the value of playing with a to4 at each ranking class and it should be totally fine. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Right. 

Whenever E6 announced they were leaving Halo, I made a post here like everyone else did joking about it. In fact, all I did was say E6 about 15 times (and called E6's logo terrible for months)I got a tweet later on from some guy saying I was apparently locked up for touching people.

Given how every single person I have seen related to both E6 and Money Matches usually acts like a child, I wouldn't be shocked if this was one of their accounts at all. The only proof I have is this guy usually replies to people talking shit against E6 and Money Matches on Twitter and the fact there was a two hour gap between my post and the tweet accusing me of weird shit. 

He even tweeted Frank the fucking Show, too. 

I was honestly worried about buying merch from the Str8 Rippin store because Money Matches are partnered with them. I'd seriously advise anyone to be careful about giving Money Matches money in any way, shape or form. 

a while ago i tweeted that they seemed like a scam and 10 minutes later i had 5-8 random people with moneymatches logos as avatars trying talking shit so it seems like the type of thing they'd do. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

a while ago i tweeted that they seemed like a scam and 10 minutes later i had 5-8 random people with moneymatches logos as avatars trying talking shit so it seems like the type of thing they'd do. 

I think, and have absolutely no authority or background knowledge on this...its just an assumption. 

Those guys are official "Brand Ambassadors" who get perks of some sort for supporting the Money Matches brand. Ride or die fans kind of deal. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think, and have absolutely no authority or background knowledge on this...its just an assumption.

Those guys are official "Brand Ambassadors" who get perks of some sort for supporting the Money Matches brand. Ride or die fans kind of deal.

So a cult?

• Upvote (+1) 5

That party restrictions solution is trash and and he should feel bad. Just give us party restrictions we don't want this pseudo - balance bullshit.

All fantastic points! I loved the direct criticism with a ton of details! He'll know how to adjust now /s

Seriously though, I don't think it's that bad an option. I'm sure the CSR-modifying factor will need some fine tuning, but it's definitely better than what we have currently.

Did people think that TheMoneyMatches was not sketchy?

The people who work there behave like 5 years olds on twitter all day, they've been involved in shady shit in this community, and they come off as shady overall. I'd like anyone to submit any proof that any of these twitter "giveaways" are actually real. They are partnered with at least 3 HCS Pro League teams, they are somehow involved with the outstanding community member known as E6, They just merged with Avyd and proudly admitted to firing the whole staff because "Proctor and Gamble do the same thing". They have employees who read THIS forum everyday and tweet the people who post.

No one knows where there funding is coming from, no one knows when the website is actually coming out, no one knows how they are the only legitimate eSports betting  company in the US or if thats even true. They've bought there way into esports through smaller orgs who need the money badly enough to not ask questions.

This is the type of story that Richard Lewis will break in 6-12 months when these guys turn out to be a scam. Do not give these children your money.

i always felt that they built the company with the goal of being bought out. they spend lavishly money that they may or may not have with the hopes of being acquired by an larger betting space like a draftkings or something but no one will

thanks man! feels good to be golden

tumblr_ohhnsbrSvA1u0f08eo1_500.gif

:prayers:  :cash:  :prayers:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is pretty bad, is impossible to measure how much elo does being in a party gives. It's literally impossible, first time to4 don't have the same skill bonuses as long time playing to4.

That solution is pretty stupid, so every time I play with a to4 doesn't matter how good or bad we are together we get the same + MMR, and what happens with to3 ?? And to2 ??.

Why make something so simple as party restrictions so complicated.

It shouldn't be specific to how much it gives you as a party. In general a party is this much elo better. That is the correct way. If you are worse than avg as a group you are punished. If you are better than avg as a group you are rewarded. That is the way elo should work. That's by the very definition how ranking systems are meant to work.

Why are they called Montage's on console and Fragvids on PC?

Can't use Team America's Montage song in a FragVid. #Consolemasterrace

All fantastic points! I loved the direct criticism with a ton of details! He'll know how to adjust now /s

Seriously though, I don't think it's that bad an option. I'm sure the CSR-modifying factor will need some fine tuning, but it's definitely better than what we have currently.

definitely. if they are willing to change it now, they'll most likely be willing to look at it a few months down the line to see where it can be tweaked further

• Upvote (+1) 3

http://halo5arena.com/leaderboards

Not sure if @@charas still drops by but we could always ask how much of a lift it would be to expand his leaderboards beyond the current top 250 per playlist.

Its pretty easy to do. Its a simple call to the API, so its as up to date as it can be.

8JbUlov.png

• Upvote (+1) 4

It shouldn't be specific to how much it gives you as a party. In general a party is this much elo better. That is the correct way. If you are worse than avg as a group you are punished. If you are better than avg as a group you are rewarded. That is the way elo should work. That's by the very definition how ranking systems are meant to work.

Not really, because you are punishing player by not being good enough parties every time they play , if the value is fixed you will always get shited on. Why are you guys behind this idea ??.

It should be party restrictions period. If you search as to4 you should find to4 why is that such a hard concept??

• Downvote (-1) 5