CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

IMO Roybox's issue has always been not playing enough or on a consistent enough basis. People give Ninja shit, but Roybox are just as bad. There's a reason their teams always do very well in the beginning of each season and then fall apart. The two play a TON to get the right team, but once they have it, they slack off. 

If they want to succeed for World's, they need to play 5 nights a week, every week. Those two nights a week every other week they've been pulling is not going to cut it.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

@@Ugug

I already gave you the context. It's 343's entire history

Thats not context to neighbors comments. Thats the basis of your bias

I'm taking Neighbor at his word that implementing descoping took a huge amount of time and effort. I'm assuming he's not talking about in a programming sense.

Not maybe. Definitely. Unless you believe that the time spent was on trying to figure out how to program descoping in the game.

You arent taking him at his word. You are applying your own meaning to his words. Does time and effort amount to showing up to scheduled meetings and simply voicing opinions on various topics. Or does it mean months of back and forth heated debates about the merits of descope. Again no context.

It could have been. Based on context (that I outlined before at length), I would guess not.

If you actually had context, you wouldnt have to "guess" anything

t was evidently a task that required countless hours and huge effort, from the direct words of a member of the studio. This is like the third time you've said that I think the pro team did it by themselves and I've had to correct you each time. I'm not going to bother responding anymore if you won't read what I'm saying.

The very next message from this same studio member said that any notion that it was a struggle was taken out of context. You are conveniently selecting what you want to use as evidence to support your view, and ignoring the rest. Yet I'm the one failing to read?

True. That's why I used context such as 343's past implementation of an alternative and their general lack of competitive understanding to make an educated guess that they didn't have a more competitive alternative to descoping.

Right so assumptions based on past grievances, false pretense, and a willful lack of context.

Sorry for shitting up the thread guys.there is plenty to hate about how 343 runs this ship, and it's all plain to see. So there really isn't a need to formulate imaginary narratives in search of additional reasons.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Not until they become more solid players themselves

They were the best players on their team at Vegas and played extremely well. What more you want?
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@Ugug

Thats not context to neighbors comments. Thats the basis of your bias

You arent taking him at his word. You are applying your own meaning to his words. Does time and effort amount to showing up to scheduled meetings and simply voicing opinions on various topics. Or does it mean months of back and forth heated debates about the merits of descope. Again no context.

If you actually had context, you wouldnt have to "guess" anything.

"Descope: You can't grasp the amount of time, effort and energy our team spent on making sure this feature was implemented within our game."

Yes, clearly he could have been talking about voicing opinions of various topics. It's hard to tell because he didn't have the word "descope" there. :kappa:

I am really hoping they introduce a new t-shirt for crowdfunding this.  I forgot to get around to ordering one to support the last event, not going to miss my chance this time.

While we're on the topic of funny hcs vids, an oldie but a goodie...

@@Towey Any chance for a volume 2?

I forgot about this. That Pistola ending kills me every time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

OT but as of today, The Cod World League is not going to be streamed on Twitch, and is now MLG.Tv exclusive. We should be very fortunate for what we have so far for competitive Halo and thankfully stupid shit like that would never happen to us. Carry on

Ew.

I hope the venue for UGC St Louis is bigger this time. The venue last time was so small.

Same size as far as I know (it's in the same building, but in a different ballroom). I imagine they can go bigger though if the turnout warrants it. Their smash event had twice as much space, but more than twice as many people.

Welcome to the Halo Championship Series Halo World Championships 2017 presented on Beam!

I would cry.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope the venue for UGC St Louis is bigger this time. The venue last time was so small.

It will be in the same convention center in a different room. I don't think the room will be any bigger then last time. It may be a bit bigger but not by much.

Welcome to the Halo Championship Series Halo World Championships 2017 presented exclusively on Beam!

"cmon guys lets tweet the stream and see if we can break 100 viewers for finals!"

• Upvote (+1) 3

OT but as of today, The Cod World League is not going to be streamed on Twitch, and is now MLG.Tv exclusive. We should be very fortunate for what we have so far for competitive Halo and thankfully stupid shit like that would never happen to us. Carry on

Link to info? I saw Youtube had the rights for Vegas this weekend but is CWL MLG.tv specific?

Twitch is the best streaming site, no question. Youtube is catching up, but the community isn't as good yet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thats gross. MLG.tv is the inferior streaming platform by far. Why???