CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

CoD has in game mini maps and we cant even get 343 to send us "to scale" map overhead images..

Theres a much longer list than that my friend lol the difference between developer support is enormous, but so is the scale of the companies.

Edit:

Honestly there a lot of similarities between the cod and halo communities right now, apart from the obvious scale difference. 

Watch the whole thing.

Also look up the viewership figures during call of duty advanced warfare. When call of duty was exclusively on mlg.tv.

i think call of duty had the perfect shitstorm then activision tried to push its new brand of mlg with a shitty game (i'm  about halfway through the video) it sounds like even with twitch numbers fell during blops3. its hard to separate the reason for the drop in viewers. 100k for IW seems good to me, but who knows what it would of been on twitch. the numbers mlg reports have looked good though http://www.vgchartz.com/article/258681/mlg-viewership-has-grown-253-this-year/. that said i would be nervous to go to another platform straight away

outside of the streaming platform, i love how mlg brings press to events

http://www.espn.com/esports/story/_/id/18671679/major-league-gaming-atlanta-titans-cod-fall-grace

i'd love to see those kinds of write ups for halo

I mean watching rebroadcast and there are no issues.

Only thing is the title for the EU online qualifier says "HaloWC 2017 Online Qualifier #3: Las Vegas"

Emphasis on the vegas (can't bold, on mobile)

Its weird, the issue remains even when i watch the rebroadcast  :(

People in this thread need to stop turning "different" and "improved" into "good".  They are not the same thing.

Something can be better than it used to be (IW and H5 comp both fit this) but still be ass atm.

Back to Halo, can we talk about how observer mode sometimes stuffs up so at the end of games it shows the losing teams score twice if they lost (eg. 42 42 instead of 50 42 (watching eu rebroadcast and has happened for both slayer and strongholds)) and it shows only 3 Spartans on the start/end screen animation even though there are 4.

It's a little thing, but it happens often enough

exact quote: "That guy looks like an alternate dimension Simms where he snubbed gaming for recreational stress and crack" Clearly a joke dripping with hyperbole but I keep forgetting it's 2017.

Generally comedians with no filter/a low filter get away with darker humor because the joke or punchline is funny.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I think something people underestimate is the social media power of MLG now, we used to have to ask the HCS to tweet their tournaments and news out. I'd be willing to take the hit of MLG.TV (if this is needed) to have the tournaments actually advertised and promoted well. I know, I know we might miss a couple thousand drive-by users but I think people know the history of Halo and MLG, plus their social media presence would dwarf anything the HCS twitter is doing with 40k followers.

MLG Twitter: 1.92 Million

Halo Twitter: 855k

HCS Twitter: 40k

ESL Halo Twitter: 35.3k

UGC Twitter: 13.7k

Millennial Twitter: 49.3k

and to make this clear. IW isn't a good game, Halo 5 has a lot of issues, Twitch would be preferred, MLG.TV could take a dent out of viewers since it doesn't have random viewer traffic, and so on.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think something people underestimate is the social media power of MLG now, we used to have to ask the HCS to tweet their tournaments and news out. I'd be willing to take the hit of MLG.TV (if this is needed) to have the tournaments actually advertised and promoted well. I know, I know we might miss a couple thousand drive-by users but I think people know the history of Halo and MLG, plus their social media presence would dwarf anything the HCS twitter is doing with 40k followers.

HCS Twitter: 40,000

Halo Twitter: 855,000

and to make this clear. IW isn't a good game, Halo 5 has a lot of issues, Twitch would be preferred, MLG.TV could take a dent out of viewers since it doesn't have random viewer traffic, and so on.

Why not just have MLG as TO and stream on twitch

Edit* Gears has MLG as TO and they are on twitch.

Problem solved. Everyone is happy

• Upvote (+1) 1

That would be ideal, I'm not sure what the snag between MLG and 343i was - just saying worst case scenario.

Halo Twitter: 855k

HCS Twitter: 40k

ESL Halo Twitter: 35.3k

UGC Twitter: 13.7k

Millennial Twitter: 49.3k

also we get a huge boost in viewers when an org like optic or nv tweets info which would still happen with mlg. i honestly think that any viewers we lose would be gained back plus some after an event or 2. mlg is bigger now than it was in 2014 with advance warfare. this isnt millenal trying to push their own service, this is a great brand with major funding who have produced something high quality

adam said that they dont make money from twitch views. i support monetizing the stream when the stream is a quality as high as mlg's

Edit also since cod and mlg are activision owned, I think its being pushed as a sole proprietary product

MLG won't agree to that

They want people to use their platform.

I thought that was blatantly obvious 

best case is they do what they did this weekend whereby the twitch stream was an hour behind

Everyone here comparing COD and Halo, and i'm just sitting here thinking "where's the Gears fans at?".

As far as I am aware, Gears tourney production level was great, Gears is under the same company as 343. 

So why can't we get what Gears is getting  :(

But then again i'm looking in from an outsiders perspective.

• Upvote (+1) 2

IGN still has me blocked LUL

IGN gave Halo Reach a 9.5 and Halo 4 a 9.7 but then gave Doom (2016) a 7.1.

Being blocked by them should be considered an honor.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Hey this is a few pages late but since it's a recurring complaint of the utmost importance I just wanted to touch on the whole lack of moderation thing in this thread.  I have a short list of moderation requests that I think if the mods around here could adhere to, we could probably resolve this whole 'why can we talk about (a) and not (b)' thing.

Requests:

1.)  Perfection

That should about do it.  @@Saucey for Prez

-jDot out

• Upvote (+1) 3

IGN gave Halo Reach a 9.5 and Halo 4 a 9.7 but then gave Doom (2016) a 7.1.

Being blocked by them should be considered an honor.

That Doom review actually said PvP was ruined by (timed) power ups and power weapons.

It made me die a little inside.

• Upvote (+1) 4

That Doom review actually said PvP was ruined by (timed) power ups and power weapons.

Nothing will top Polygon playing DOOM on easy...and missing.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Was this played by someone with one hand?

Didn't that MLG guy say that they can't run H5 tournaments because the XBOX One hardware is essentially trash?  

• Downvote (-1) 4

that reticle movement looks like when i was 8 and played goldeneye for the fist time and i moved then turned

Didn't that MLG guy say that they can't run H5 tournaments because the XBOX One hardware is essentially trash?  

way to try and flame. its lack of lan support of halo 5 that hurts us

• Upvote (+1) 3

MLG won't agree to that

best case is they do what they did this weekend whereby the twitch stream was an hour behind

You can't say that. All these things are negotiated.

However that platform is used would just be a part of the contract negotiation.  Its not like if Microsoft said "the stream must be live on twitch" that MLG would say "nope we arent going to work with you then sorry."  

They might say something like, "that will change the cost of running the tournament since we wont be able to count on getting any ad revenue from our video service."

THen microsoft says, "Ok run the streams in parallel and we can reimburse you based on the viewer count differences between the Twitch stream and the MLG stream" or "we only want it on twitch so we can include X dollars per Y number of viewers"

and back and forth like so.

No.  The most Adam has said is that its hard to run tournaments of scale without native LAN capability. THats nothing to do with the xbox hardware, just a shitty game-design decision.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol ew. I think the multiplayer is great unlike a lot of people but the game should have been given a near-perfect score for the campaign alone. Amazing atmosphere, enemies, bosses, weapons, etc. IGN probably thinks the 343 Guilty Spark boss battle was the pinnacle of game design, though.

MLG won't agree to that

Your saying they won't agree to that but it is the case with Gears. CoD is on mlg tv likely because Activision own MLG so they pretty much get all the money.

The Gears tournaments are streamed on twitch with no delay. So if MLG were to host halo events I'm assuming it would be similar