CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

minor issue with the way ESL is doing things.

Minor meaning small.

Small like the Burbank mainstage  :flip:

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What is it that I hate exactly? I have no major issue with MLG and in a perfect world, I'd have them or UGC/P5 running things. I just don't agree with this "boycott and bitch about everything until every event is MLG/Columbus" mentality that starts up every time there's a minor issue with the way ESL is doing things.

ESL hasn't had a minor issue ever. It's fine if you're accepting of the state Halo has become with 343/ESL at the helm but don't hate on the rest of us for simply wanting better for our favorite game. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man, what happened to freedom of speech? abnormal amount of posts getting deleted that aren't even inflammatory. Well maybe in 2017 they are but that's a different argument.

my god you're stupid

• Upvote (+1) 6

Yet no one would drop by to check the stream if they were casually browsing the site, Twitch has that internet traffic.

i agree that we would lose some drive-by traffic from twich which would hurt at first. however i think we would gain access to the communities of the other games that mlg runs. just like we stop by to see their events, they would most likely do the same. plus with press at the event (even if they are only 20) halo would spread further imo even if its on a less frequented platform.

at the end of the day i just want halo to grow ad be successful and im willing to try whatever to get that

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Twitch is garbage here in Australia. Even on 100down/40up Fibre it lags or stutters. YouTube and MLG never lag, so I prefer those.

I have to watch streams on low or mobile quility on twitch. Haven't had to change quality on mlg. Watching on a tablet though

• Upvote (+1) 1

@ Fantastic event this weekend mate. Really enjoyed the show, make sure all the guys in production get a beer or 12 after this! 

• Upvote (+1) 4

This grand finals has been nuts, and it isn't 2am.

It's gonna end before TWD starts. Thank you, Adam!

• Upvote (+1) 1

The way this league has been operating since Che's departure has been an absolute disgrace.

what hell are we in when che leaving actually hurt us?

• Upvote (+1) 5

@ Fantastic event this weekend mate. Really enjoyed the show, make sure all the guys in production get a beer or 12 after this! 

Maybe crack open those three gatorades they can afford.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Calling out Dwight Howard and the Hawks on stream, lmao

That body disrespect.

• Upvote (+1) 2

TeamBeyond, the Home of competitive Call of Duty.

CWL Teams, Seeds and Discussion Thread

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 6

One of the biggest problems in the running of this competitive scene is that there is literally no accountability to anyone if there are mistakes, and those at the top are clearly content with keeping the status quo.

• Upvote (+1) 4

ESL = Good for Finals, Invitationals, etc.

MLG = Good for Open Events, Finals, Invitationals, etc.

So here is what most people are looking for, as you seem to be confused. You can utilize both tournament organizers and play to their strengths. Utilize MLG for open events in relevant locations. Utilize ESL for Finals / Invitationals.

Right now we are utilizing what boils down to be amateur-ish operations for open events, and ESL for everything else.. generally in Burbank, CA.

This would be a really good idea. If esl can continue to put on good final events (like fall finals), I could see people being fine with this system if they can find venues other than Burbank. Because I remember someone after fall finals saying that if esl kept producing events like that, people would stop asking for mlg.

*insert why can't we have both image here*

One of the biggest problems in the running of this competitive scene is that there is literally no accountability to anyone if there are mistakes, and those at the top are clearly content with keeping the status quo.

The UGC audio guy will pay for everyone's sins 

• Upvote (+1) 8

https://twitter.com/k_wolfkill/status/800708496421335040

Stuff like this is the worst, I get some of you think we got a bit overboard with shit but you must have serious stockholm syndrome if you think the HCS is doing great in the last 6 months.

I remember ninja tweeting that they didnt even care about winning their game 5 with str8 since they had a flight that wouldve kept them from competing in the next round

• Upvote (+1) 4

I remember ninja tweeting that they didnt even care about winning their game 5 with str8 since they have a flight that wouldve kept them from competing in the next round

That was just too sad. We need someone with experience and PASSION to set the HCS right. 

The UGC audio guy will pay for everyone's sins 

this is why you pay your production crew. volunteers end up dicking around ;)

WKdlDWR.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4

Stuff like this is the worst, I get some of you think we got a bit overboard with shit but you must have serious stockholm syndrome if you think the HCS is doing great in the last 6 months.

We joke about it, but Championship Monday was literally praised as a job well done by those involved.

• Upvote (+1) 2