CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If mlg ran halo on mlgtv, their social media department would tweet about the event with dates and times for weeks before the event. Hcs social media missed last weeks qualification streams. Casuals would still find the stream due to mlg's reach and ability to advertise

It doesn't change the fact that MLG.TV isn't as big of a platform as Twitch is. I'm actually impressed with what I've seen from their platform today but there are just so many more people on Twitch at any given time. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Why is this Call of Duty tournament finishing before 1:00 AM, what am I supposed to do with all these lines of cocaine prepped to keep me awake?

Send it on this way? 

Only one who sounds triggered here is you.

Lmao

So today's been fun and edgy.

It's a good thing for people you seem to be so nice. I'd have reached for something more round and heavy a while ago, something like a hammer.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It's a good thing for people you seem to be so nice. I'd have reached for something more round and heavy a while ago, something like a hammer.

*cough*

• Upvote (+1) 4

MLG.tv working flawless on mobile, you can't even see the stream title in Twitch App lmao.

I was having issues and you can see the title. Flawless on PC.

Oh no random internet guy ignored me. Thankfully for me internet friends and points mean as much to me as the opinion of a bunch of circle jerking, high horse riding virtue signallers who have probably made a bunch of cancer jokes or laughed at a bunch of inappropriate shit but have this awesome internet moral code whenever someone challenges something in a way they have decided is wrong. Sheep.

hey relax champ

• Upvote (+1) 3

If mlg ran halo on mlgtv, their social media department would tweet about the event with dates and times for weeks before the event. Hcs social media missed last weeks qualification streams. Casuals would still find the stream due to mlg's reach and ability to advertise

Yet no one would drop by to check the stream if they were casually browsing the site, Twitch has that internet traffic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It doesn't change the fact that MLG.TV isn't as big of a platform as Twitch is. I'm actually impressed with what I've seen from their platform today but there are just so many more people on Twitch at any given time.

True but we are buried so far that i dont think the platform change would really hurt. Id rather have the first party platform that pays the TO which allows for better produced events than what we have now. IF we got mlg i would imagine it would move from twitch slowly and maybe run streams on both for awhile.

Id rather have the debate of if we'd be able to do better than 100k viewers on twitch while mlg is running successful events than having 30k viewers see the worst production possible

Not a fan of MLG TV due to the flash requirement. Sticking with the delayed twitch version lol. 

The one problem I have is that the championship match is Bo5 and not Bo7  :mj:

But, Go OpTic. Miss you @@FormaL make us proud

Not a fan of MLG TV due to the flash requirement. Sticking with the delayed twitch version lol. 

Beam is better than those two IMO, smoother and no delay.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who gives a shit what platform its streamed on. If its a quality stream and people know where to access it. Streaming on twitch is good for the people that stumble upon the stream, then they can be directed to the live one. MLG has the name recognition to do it.

Halo is another story. Its being ran by multiple TOs, most have no name recognition. Its NOT ok to stream tournaments on their individual channels. It must be done on twitch. You dont make shit from twitch ads so that argument doesnt fly. If these independent TOs want to advertise thats fine. Dual cast or host the halo stream. Or use the TOs own channel as a bravo stream. On the halo channel they can advert with the overlay and channel information.

The TO channel exclusivity for Halo was never a good idea. I dream of a day where it is a good idea, and that channel is MLG tv

• Upvote (+1) 1

Twitch really isn't even that good of a platform, but everyone is on it because it was the better than the even worse services that were available when it got popular. I'm actually happy to see services like MLG.tv and Youtube Gaming making a play on other esports because it creates competition in an area where there has been none for a while.

When a hater becomes so desperate that he makes himself look even dumber.

What is it that I hate exactly? I have no major issue with MLG and in a perfect world, I'd have them or UGC/P5 running things. I just don't agree with this "boycott and bitch about everything until every event is MLG/Columbus" mentality that starts up every time there's a minor issue with the way ESL is doing things.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Twitch is garbage here in Australia. Even on 100down/40up Fibre it lags or stutters. YouTube and MLG never lag, so I prefer those.

• Upvote (+1) 5

What is it that I hate exactly? I have no major issue with MLG and in a perfect world, I'd have them or UGC/P5 running things. I just don't agree with this "boycott and bitch about everything until every event is MLG/Columbus" mentality that starts up every time there's a minor issue with the way ESL is doing things.

ESL = Good for Finals, Invitationals, etc.

MLG = Good for Open Events, Finals, Invitationals, etc. 

So here is what most people are looking for, as you seem to be confused. You can utilize both tournament organizers and play to their strengths. Utilize MLG for open events in relevant locations. Utilize ESL for Finals / Invitationals. 

Right now we are utilizing what boils down to be amateur-ish operations for open events, and ESL for everything else.. generally in Burbank, CA. 

I also think that the HCS DESPERATELY needs some guidance from experienced people at MLG. The way this league has been operating since Che's departure has been an absolute disgrace.

P.S. After UGC, I wouldnt trust P5 to run a lemonade stand.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1