CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I've decided to take a more direct rout in removing radar

Based off past times jobs like that have popped up at 343, I think those are just a formality for them to promote within the company.

And on a serious note, if you are looking to work on Sandbox Design at 343, applying for Senior Sandbox Designer is a more realistic goal unless you are secretly some bigwig in game development that has been lurking here for a while.  And if you are, WHY THE FUCK HAVEN'T YOU GIVEN US A GAME THAT IS WHAT HALO SHOULD BE?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

1. I never said that everyone at 343 except for the pro team wanted to reuse that system. Exaggerating my point doesn't help yours. I'm guessing that it was a decent number if descoping took so much time and effort to implement. An assumption, but a reasonable one.

2. I'm guessing that based on H4, based on pro team opposition, and based on 343's track record that the alternative system wasn't more skillful than descoping. An assumption, but not a reasonable one.

Most pros who have talked about this company have mentioned that they don't get it, that they don't listen, or in at least one case that they outright misrepresent what pros want. It's a company that hears complaints about an overabundace of power weapons from 99% of the competitive community and decides to put in saws, silenced smgs, and, as I recall, wanted to test a sword and binary rifles on coliseum. It's a company where one of the two major games they have released is functionally broken to this day. I guess at a certain point I have to look at their track record when I'm trying to guess what's going on behind closed doors.

Everything your are saying is an assumption without context. You're guessing and applying your own narrative to neighbors comments. Here lies the problem.

All we know is that pro team really wanted descoping to be in this game. And MAYBE some other group in 343 wanted something different. It could have been a worse solution (like h4s) or it could have been something that ended up being superior. Or it could have ended up having a similar effect.

The point is, YOU DONT HAVE A CLUE what the disscusion was, or what the process was, or how much opposition their actually was. You have just succum to your own narrative that it was a monumental task that pro team had to overcome.

At the end of the day, the pro team was hired to give their insight, and in this particular case the pro team's advice is what 343 decided to take.

PS it isn't safe to assume that just because pro-team had a stance that they favored the most competitive option. From what i hear pro team pushed for radar... shrugs

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Ninja is becoming the Doublelift of Halo, can make a decent amount or more just streaming casually but still got that competitive drive in him. Tho people play League a LOT more to be good than Halo pros play to be good at Halo so, he should be able to juggle both for a long time. 

Yeah. But you still have to play more than 0 hours a month to be good.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Based off past times jobs like that have popped up at 343, I think those are just a formality for them to promote within the company.

And on a serious note, if you are looking to work on Sandbox Design at 343, applying for Senior Sandbox Designer is a more realistic goal unless you are secretly some bigwig in game development that has been lurking here for a while. And if you are, WHY THE FUCK HAVEN'T YOU GIVEN US A GAME THAT IS WHAT HALO SHOULD BE?

I broke mcc and then didnt even buy it :(

Sorry i like having usable ram...

Totally OT but Edge is actually extremely usable now with extensions and tampermonkey.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Totally OT but Edge is actually extremely usable now with extensions and tampermonkey.

Sad but true. I'll ride with firefox until it dies haha

• Upvote (+1) 1

The new update is reducing the quantity of autos with Storm Rifles taking the hardest hit, so not sure what you mean by this. Autos are broke af but we are headed in the right direction.

Sorry.... Che logic

We are going in the right direction I agree, I guess it had to get worse before it can get better.

@@Mhunterjr

Everything your are saying is an assumption without context.

I already gave you the context. It's 343's entire history.

You're guessing and applying your own narrative to neighbors comments.

I'm taking Neighbor at his word that implementing descoping took a huge amount of time and effort. I'm assuming he's not talking about in a programming sense.

All we know is that pro team really wanted descoping to be in this game. And MAYBE some other group in 343 wanted something different.

Not maybe. Definitely. Unless you believe that the time spent was on trying to figure out how to program descoping in the game.

It could have been a worse solution (like h4s) or it could have been something that ended up being superior. Or it could have ended up having a similar effect.

It could have been. Based on context (that I outlined before at length), I would guess not.

The point is, YOU DONT HAVE A CLUE what the disscusion was, or what the process was, or how much opposition their actually was. You have just succum to your own narrative that it was a monumental task that pro team had to overcome.

It was evidently a task that required countless hours and huge effort, from the direct words of a member of the studio. This is like the third time you've said that I think the pro team did it by themselves and I've had to correct you each time. I'm not going to bother responding anymore if you won't read what I'm saying.

PS it isn't safe to assume that just because pro-team had a stance that they favored the most competitive option. From what i hear pro team pushed for radar... shrugs

True. That's why I used context such as 343's past implementation of an alternative and their general lack of competitive understanding to make an educated guess that they didn't have a more competitive alternative to descoping.

This is all largely irrelevant, though. The point is that 343 takes forever to change anything based on feedback and often the changes are for the worse, so most of us don't have high hopes for radar being removed.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Assuming Str8 is making a change, the team should be built around Ace and Eco.

I think Ace is one of the players I'd have on my team to try and take down Envy and Optic.

Bubu seems to be the next choice seeing as he is constantly improving it seems like.

Hmmmmm, Eco really surprised me during the final weeks of pro week and at times, was single-handedly carrying Str8 in some games. It also doesn't hurt when Optic players think very highly of you.

The last spot is a hard one. My brain is telling me to put a slayer in here. Players like Spartan, Contra and Stellur are the first that come to mind.

Now, obviously no combination of players will just come together magically and start beating the two juggernauts. Players will have to realize that it will take time to gel together.

TL;DR: ACE Eco bubu Stellur/Contra/Spartan.

Edit: The rumored E6 of bubu Shooter Contra and Stellur is actually really good on paper. I hope it sticks.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Let's make Simms a new meme.

Simms was always nothing more then a meme.

Can't wait for the real questions to get discussed.

How much radar do you consider life changing?

How much does radar cost where you live?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Eco has had a great season. I think a team that can contend with Optic and NV would have him in it.

Eco, Ace, Bubu, Shooter should be tested. I like Contra a lot as a talent, but something is holding me back from putting him on a team that can challenge top 3 that I can't put my finger on.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Sad but true. I'll ride with firefox until it dies haha

I used to love firefox but it became quite processor intensive. Edge is honestly the best browser now in terms of being quick and having the smallest effect on system performance.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Would old pros like shockwave or zyos be able to get to a pro skill level in Halo 5? Just curious what people think. Lethul said "They're old as shit now, no they couldn't." Just curious what people think.

Zyos did play Halo 5 a little bit in the beginning competitively. He was definitely far from the top level or the current skill level now, but wasn't bad by any means. From what I heard/saw he hated how much focus was on crouching with high powered autos. Halo 5 does demand a high level of team work via collapsing on spawns that they might not be used to. Shockwav3 might adjust easier than Zyos, but at best I can see them in a position like FearItSelf if they grinded the game.

The opposite applies here though, it would be pretty much impossible for any current or recent pro to get close to the level of Patch or Skill in Halo CE. It would take years of grinding.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Any predictions on who's joining Liquid?

Also, does anyone know when rosters need to be finalized? I know first events are in about a month or so, but how close to the event can teams make changes?

• Upvote (+1) 1

roybox still underrated in h5. hope they land 2 solid players.

Roybox still have what it takes to compete with the talent in the top 6, but them together as a cohesive unit on a consistent bases is the real issue with the duo atm.

Just to be clear, I am not placing blame solely on Roybox for how EG performed last season. I think Roybox made a questionable decision by dropping Victory X, but it wasn't an awful one and Ninja has been slowly diminishing in terms of value to a top 8 team which is mostly self-inflicted on his part.

• Upvote (+1) 1

roybox still underrated in h5. hope they land 2 solid players.

Not until they become more solid players themselves