CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Mmm, delicious. 

Just decided to cook up my go-to when on a budget. 

h01mBHR.jpg

you must be on a budget because you took transgender social studies like me

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why be a prick? We can all debate about Halo and how to fix it all day, but you don't need to be a dick to people in the process. I miss my ban hammer.

An internet argument featuring 0 factual evidence devolving into "you must have x degree and have no friends". 

Classic.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I stopped reading at 'east coast only' events. 65 events and nearly a decade of a domestic circuit. 

We weren't perfect, but there is A LOT I would change with the current ecosystem. That being said, please link me to the $1,000,000 squash event you produced and your credentials...pretty interested to learn more :)

If you run one free to enter Peggle tournament at Gamers 4 Giving you can run the entire Halo Championship Series with no other experience, perhaps you'd be interested in that. 

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

People thought I was being a dick when I was calling out the people in charge of the Halo Championship Series, turns out I was just being honest.

You can be a dick and be honest at the same time ;)

But yea, this ain't good.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I stopped reading at 'east coast only' events. 65 events and nearly a decade of a domestic circuit. 

We weren't perfect, but there is A LOT I would change with the current ecosystem. That being said, please link me to the $1,000,000 squash event you produced and your credentials...pretty interested to learn more :)

well i mean, you still didnt build a community :flip: 

• Upvote (+1) 2

People thought I was being a dick when I was calling out the people in charge of the Halo Championship Series, turns out I was just being honest. 

No, you were being an unreasonable dick. Those aren't mutually exclusive.

These profiles are pure gold though, or turd, depending on your point of view.  I would expect someone with more experience to be "managing".

To be fair those are just linked in profiles that may or may not be updated/have thought put into them.  I know mine isn't....

God, watching the CoD event is just on another level.

Production is top-notch.  Gameplay is still trash.  The game is still terrible.  So pretty much MLG is just polishing that turd.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No, you were being an unreasonable dick. Those aren't mutually exclusive.

These profiles are pure gold though, or turd, depending on your point of view. I would expect someone with more experience to be "managing".

To be fair those are just linked in profiles that may or may not be updated/have thought put into them. I know mine isn't....

No one pays any attention to a well thought out argument, being unreasonable draws attention to an issue that would otherwise go unnoticed.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i jokingly call someone a dumbass yesterday and get 30 neg reps. 

you call me a dumbass today and some guy +reps you???? wtf?

390460c7a1e9f1d97bb099c7bcba8bcb.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'd be willing to bet most of the HCS isn't qualified to run a league like this. @@Tashi got his job from knowing @@Frankie on HaloGAF I believe? A lot are like former players and coaches too? Nothing against them but there's a difference between playing a video game and running a league / community for Microsoft. This may be why we are at this breaking point now with a lot of the community.

Truth is - the funding has been great for players in the HCS, but their employees would have been let go from any other job with mistakes and performances we have seen in the last half-year with the HCS. I wish no ill will obviously about their jobs, but damn this is something I love and I hate to see it run through the mud over and over again. Changes are going to be needed if this continues to be the norm.

Yes, that's a huge problem. Most employees of the HCS aren't completely qualified to run a competent league. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

God, watching the CoD event is just on another level.

Too bad Cod sucks now, at least the production is good.

• Upvote (+1) 1