CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Nah man, Formal is from the West Coast is why we are now the home of it when he hasn't played in a Halo event for 3 years now.

The whole "West Coast Halo" crap is artificial and done by 343i/ESL with their terrible event location planning. I can't tell if they hate flying across the country or forgot there is an East Coast - but it's been crap for a few years now.

I think your whole "compare these midwest events  vs.  these west coast events" point is riddled with holes. For starters, when seeing where your community actually is centralized you should really only be comparing West Coast OPEN EVENTS   vs.  Midwest OPEN EVENTS.  Throwing Worlds and other "Finals" events that arent open to the public to compete, is going to skew the data as these events always have escalated viewership due to them being "Championships" - generally with outside promotion (Microsoft, Xbox, Dashboard etc.) which isnt going to provide an accurate depiction of the core "day-to-day" fan-base.

Just off the top of my head, eSports Arena had like 22 teams for a SANCTIONED OPEN EVENT on the west coast, and UGC had around double for a NON SANCTIONED EVENT in the Midwest (If I recall correctly).

I was referencing the sarcasm that west coast could never be home to Halo. Secondly, never mentioned any viewership numbers. Thirdly, was referencing professional events sanctioned or not and the reason for them being on West Coast is that they have the resources already there (ESL and 343) and the grass roots is already bigger than the East now (Referencing the new breed of talent).

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I was referencing the sarcasm that west coast could never be home to Halo. Secondly, never mentioned any viewership numbers. Thirdly, was referencing professional events sanctioned or not and the reason for them being on West Coast is that they have the resources already there (ESL and 343) and the grass roots is already bigger than the East now (Referencing the new breed of talent).

Stop

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Ok, so you were talking out of your ass then. Business as usual, back to the memes.

If I don't work for the company and they don't release data, how can I reference? I will be more than happy to link you every amateur bracket (WHICH IS PUBLICLY AVAILBLE) and watch as your tempter tantrum ends one statistic at a time as you figure out that no, East Coast and MLG can't save Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 24

Yes and the illuminate is real. "artificial"? This isn't some government conspiracy. It's Halo. In two years, 60% of Halo events have been mid/east coast and they have had less than spectacular participation numbers. Yet every West coast tournament brings in bigger number of teams participating from grass roots. If a TO would like to verify this information, please jump in. (East Coast: St.Louis x 3, Indianapolis, Atlanta, Columbus, Regionals, PAX) vs (Season Finals, Worlds, Vegas and Orange County). Please use statistics and data to back up your claims.

Columbus 14 Number of Teams: 41

ATL 15 Number of Teams: 42

STL 15 Number of Teams: 88

STL 16 Number of Teams: 29 (can someone confirm?)

STL 17 Number of Teams: 55

Indianapolis Number of Teams: 37

Vegas Number of Teams: 49

Orange County Number of Teams: 28

source: http://halo.esportswikis.com/wiki/Main_Page

excluding invite only events OBVIOUSLY, smh 

• Upvote (+1) 9

hmmmmm. cant have facts discredited if you dont use facts

247.gif

It's funny because you use memes to make friends and fit in with the crowd to resonate with them on a personal level yet I bet you lack any functional conversational skills and probably took transgender social studies at college and wonder why you didn't come out with a 100K paying job straight away.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 47

I'm starting to learn that as soon as someone starts off an argument with saying "let me tell you a little about myself", I should just go ahead and add them to my block list because it never ends well.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I didn't realize that hosting squash events in another continent enables you to literally read the mind of an esports TO and understand his motivations with 100% certainty. MLG isn't perfect but the original staff are all passionate about Halo

• Upvote (+1) 6

Columbus 14 Number of Teams: 41

ATL 15 Number of Teams: 42

STL 15 Number of Teams: 88

STL 16 Number of Teams: 29 (can someone confirm?)

STL 17 Number of Teams: 55

Indianapolis Number of Teams: 37

Vegas Number of Teams: 49

Orange County Number of Teams: 28

source: http://halo.esportswikis.com/wiki/Main_Page

excluding invite only events OBVIOUSLY, smh 

But MLG cant save Halo bro. 

I have no facts or data to provide, just all caps bolded letters. Please believe me and stop throwing temper tantrums. 

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Alright that was a fun morning guys, please as always respect forum rules and use common sense.

Posts and members have been dealt with.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Cant ask me why I dont have any friends, if you know I never make memes to fit in.

247.gif

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Most people don't even know who RS is but this one picture has been an international meme. Interesting from the perspective of someone who's been following him for a year or so now.

• Downvote (-1) 2

this is what happens when we have to fight for decent tournament structure and production value

OH1edgDmbw.gif

They're listening guys, they're just not doing anything about what they're hearing. 

It's funny because you use memes to make friends and fit in with the crowd to resonate with them on a personal level yet I bet you lack any functional conversational skills and probably took transgender social studies at college and wonder why you didn't come out with a 100K paying job straight away.

stop_it_hellboy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

I love me a rainy Sunday to play Halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@WhatsUpWhatsUp

Did someone from MLG shoot your dog or sleep with your wife or something?

1) Stop. You've lost.

2) Nobody gives a shit what you have done with squash.  It's not EVEN CLOSE to equivalent experience that MLG has running 100+ large scale, large prize pool, well streamed and well casted events.  I'm sorry but no.

3) If you are going to talk shit about someone, @ them.  Don't be a bitch about it.  @ is in here during tournaments because we watch other tournaments too (CoD, CS, Gears) and are a very detail oriented group that let people know when bullshit is happening. He's patrolling other social media too to make sure the stream experience is good.  To disparage someone as basically just looking for attention when they have been so good at their job for so long for so many different games is a tall glass of horseshit that nobody here is drinking, so stop trying to serve it to us. If there is anybody in here that is trying to be an attention whore, its you.

4) And yes, MLG hasn't been perfect.  No TO is perfect and we are not looking for perfection.  We are looking for accountability and the ability to correct issues.  Both of the events they have been involved in had some glitches but they got corrected.  They didn't have stream issues, or excessive downtime and the casting was good.  They put on a good show waaaaay more often than they dont, and the exact opposite has been true of halo 5 events throughout the lifespan. 

5) idk wtf you are talking about, but the mid/east OPEN events have had better AM attendance.... The west coast is not the "new home of halo" because a few pro players are from there.

6) MLG didn't get lucky with halo during their inception... they worked their asses off to build it.  And they DID build a community.  you have said multiple times that they didn't, but you are so fucking wrong on that its making my head spin The Exorcist style (vomit and everything). You dont sell out 256 team tournaments in a matter of hours without community building.

You seem to have a major Anal-Oral reversal problem.  

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2