CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Disagree. Fix LAN and see what happens. You literally can't run events of scale right now without immense resources not available to the layman. A system cannot only be supported by the top of the pyramid...a robust live and online tournament system is needed: PAR= Participation, Aspiration, Revenue and that drives everything behind our system design. But even the best tournament design has minimum requirements, and LAN is one of them for console FPS.

:mj:  :salt:  :mj:  :salt:  :mj:  :salt:  :mj:  :salt:  :mj:  :salt:  :mj:  :salt:  :mj:

i jokingly call someone a dumbass yesterday and get 30 neg reps. 

you call me a dumbass today and some guy +reps you???? wtf?

My legend status protects me from negs watch how i dont get a single neg in this post

• Upvote (+1) 12
  • Downvote (-1) 6

HWC always brings out the best in both the players and the community.

If only it brought out the best in 343 and ESL as well.

• Upvote (+1) 8

If you remove the 16,000 points given to pro teams. And remove the points INC/ALG got for the placement cup before UGC.

INC would be in 5th place

ALG would be in 6th place

LG 7th, EG 8th, Pnda 9th

Remember, this system was a 'middle ground' that the hcs team settled on after feedback from "the players".

Specifically, the players on Pnda.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm super pumped for the Halo 3 Anniversary Launch Invitational ran by MLG how 'bout you guys?

Gonna be a little awkward when everyone turns up and realise H3A doesn't exist.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I have to believe it has to happen, but it would be so 343i / MS for it not to happen (blah blah MCC, MS likes $ and double-dipping).

It would be a great way for a lot of Halo fans to finally walk away from the series instead of getting dragged along anymore though.

E3 hurry up.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If you remove the 16,000 points given to pro teams. And remove the points INC/ALG got for the placement cup before UGC.

INC would be in 5th place

ALG would be in 6th place

LG 7th, EG 8th, Pnda 9th

IMO this makes the most sense by far. At the very least, the pro team bonus should have been the equivalent of winning the placement cup. The fact that Panda's roster could have consisted of Cratos, FuzzyButtons343, RealTomato666, and ColorfulPotato911 and still had guaranteed top-16 placings at both of the HWC LAN qualifiers is hilarious and sad at the same time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just like people said H2A wasn't happening.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If H3A comes out and it's good then I don't even want halo 6 for another 2 or 3 years. Take your time developing halo 6 and let us be with a MLG H3A pro circuit thankyou

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just like people said H2A wasn't happening.

H2A had a lot more for the rumor, there's been nothing solid for H3A.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If it does happen it will probably happen after this 2nd trilogy. That would give them some good filler before their next main game.

I still have hope since H2A was announced like 5 months before its release.

Fuck me, man. MLG has upped the production, I'd openly admit. Much better than the first event but I literally can't get over the fact Adam is running an event and is coming on this forum and messaging us DURING an event. Like come on, it's almost rubbing our noses in a steaming pile of shit and asking if it smelt good.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Fuck me, man. MLG has upped the production, I'd openly admit. Much better than the first event but I literally can't get over the fact Adam is running an event and is coming on this forum and messaging us DURING an event. Like come on, it's almost rubbing our noses in a steaming pile of shit and asking if it smelt good.

Have you ever been to an MLG event? I mean back in the h2 days? It was very clear WHO was doing all the work. It wasnt Clap.

You're overthinking it; Adam just likes hanging out here.

Also, he is proud of his work as he should be. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I guess I always assumed that only non-HD/pre 360 Halo games would get the "anniversary" treatment. Would love to be wrong though. And it seems like it'd be relatively easy money for Micro$oft.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You're overthinking it; Adam just likes hanging out here.

Also, he is proud of his work as he should be. 

Okay, so a little about me which you don't care for but it leads up to something. I may be seen as a shit poster on this forum but I can back everything up. My line of work happens to be professional event organization for Squash. I was actually a lead for the 2009 Manchester Squash World Championships, have been a lead for 4 major events each year and host a local tournament for 400 kids each half year, for the last decade. If you need credentials, please hit me up in my DM and I'll send some links over to you that can be found via the internet. So, with that said, I know EXACTLY what I'm talking about since I produce for streams and live TV with large prize pools. 

I honestly don't know how I can't come off as hostile but I'm not. I want critical discussion because I want Halo to succeed so I hope you can offer me something back. So, with that due, I have 2 questions not just for you, but for anyone on this forum who can offer me reasonable, critical thinking responses:

Do you think it's acceptable behavior for a rep from tournament organizer to come on a forum during a live event? This is nothing more than a thinly veiled swipe at Halo, a chance for him to get a hit of dopamine from the Hot Pockets class of 2007 and outright unprofessional. Last posts are 28th January, December and November. Suddenly has time during an event to rub his improved production in our faces as a "see, look what we can do over here".

What can MLG offer Halo that other TOs couldn't if they didn't shit the bed? You guessed it. Nothing. Production does not make the game. I'd rather watch 5 guys off their heads on addy in an UMG garage than this so called professionalism where the players are so far apart in the booths they have to get up to fist bump. Don't get me wrong, I love how esports is turning out but a steaming shit with sprinkles and a bow is still a steaming shit. If the developer can't get the fundamentals right (Power Weapons in FFA LOL) and (adding silenced weapons without data to back up claims, even more LOL), then MLG can't save it. If they could offer something, it would have shown in GoW, yet their viewership numbers have dropped each event since the first.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 5