CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

How does anyone objectively decide that removing radar makes THIS game better than? It just is? If some of the pros dont like it in a month will their opinion matter? 2 months? What arbitrary time frame of testing is allowed before Snakebite or someone else saying it doesn't feel right actually matter? I'm just wondering. I honestly don't even care if it's removed or kept, which might not please all of you. I'll watch and play either way.

If by "better" you mean more competitive, then YES, it would make the game instantly better.

Some pros are having a hard time enjoying no radar because they've been able to directly track enemy movement within an 18m radius for an entire year now. I think we're forgetting just how much free information radar gives, and how much influence it has in any given engagement. Players know exactly when an enemy will round a corner, they know exact positions of enemies above or under them, they can know the exact position of an enemy before they even enter a room, they can know how many enemies are in their immediate vicinity, they can spot when someone is trying to flank, etc. Radar leaves little room for creative plays and gives zero chances to outwit your opponent in minute-to-minute combat.

I don't buy the "too chaotic" excuse when talking about the HCS league. Pros know the spawns, they have headsets and audio cues, they have call outs, etc. They already have a general idea of where their enemies are based on those things. The only difference is now they can't rely on a crutch when enemies decide to get up in their face. It may take some getting used to, but it's for the better.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Would old pros like shockwave or zyos be able to get to a pro skill level in Halo 5? Just curious what people think. Lethul said "They're old as shit now, no they couldn't." Just curious what people think.

"Showing my immaturity and making a fool of myself" apparently is "trolling" now.

Actually I guess that kind of is what trolling is.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Would old pros like shockwave or zyos be able to get to a pro skill level in Halo 5? Just curious what people think. Lethul said "They're old as shit now, no they couldn't." Just curious what people think.

I'm of the opinion that age doesn't really have much to do with skill, more so just drive. When you're 16 it's easy to justify playing video games for 6 hours a day, a little harder to do when you're 30+. I think if someone like Shockwave grinded and had the drive, he'd be able to compete still. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm of the opinion that age doesn't really have much to do with skill, more so just drive. When you're 16 it's easy to justify playing video games for 6 hours a day, a little harder to do when you're 30+. I think if someone like Shockwave grinded and had the drive, he'd be able to compete still.

Now i want Walshy and Shockwave to make a team with 2gre and comeback.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Not in halo 5, maybe if they start grinding super hard now by the time h6 comes around they'll have a chance

It depends on a lot of factors obviously but I think those two guys wouldnt have what it takes anymore

Like i said, You are ASSUMING that any alternative to descoping in h5 would have done nothing to allow someone to combat ranged weapons. For all you know they could have had something that made it even harder than descoping.

You have no idea what any proposed alternatives were for Halo 5.you just know you didn't like h4. You have no idea what any of these discussions were like, yet you just convinced yourself that everyone at 343 except for pro team wanted to reuse h4s system. How you gathered that from neighbors brief and broad comment is beyond me.

1. I never said that everyone at 343 except for the pro team wanted to reuse that system. Exaggerating my point doesn't help yours. I'm guessing that it was a decent number if descoping took so much time and effort to implement. An assumption, but a reasonable one.

2. I'm guessing that based on H4, based on pro team opposition, and based on 343's track record that the alternative system wasn't more skillful than descoping. An assumption, but not a reasonable one.

Most pros who have talked about this company have mentioned that they don't get it, that they don't listen, or in at least one case that they outright misrepresent what pros want. It's a company that hears complaints about an overabundace of power weapons from 99% of the competitive community and decides to put in saws, silenced smgs, and, as I recall, wanted to test a sword and binary rifles on coliseum. It's a company where one of the two major games they have released is functionally broken to this day. I guess at a certain point I have to look at their track record when I'm trying to guess what's going on behind closed doors.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1. I never said that everyone at 343 except for the pro team wanted to reuse that system. Exaggerating my point doesn't help yours. I'm guessing that it was a decent number if descoping took so much time and effort to implement. An assumption, but a reasonable one.

2. I'm guessing that based on H4, based on pro team opposition, and based on 343's track record that the alternative system wasn't more skillful than descoping. An assumption, but not a reasonable one.

Most pros who have talked about this company have mentioned that they don't get it, that they don't listen, or in at least one case that they outright misrepresent what pros want. It's a company that hears complaints about an overabundace of power weapons from 99% of the competitive community and decides to put in saws, silenced smgs, and, as I recall, wanted to test a sword and binary rifles on coliseum. It's a company where one of the two major games they have released is functionally broken to this day. I guess at a certain point I have to look at their track record when I'm trying to guess what's going on behind closed doors.

I mean the logical answer to the complaint of too many, too powerful autos is obviously MORE powerful, and MORE plentiful autos.... Clearly!

-343 Logic

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I mean the logical answer to the complaint of too many, too powerful autos is obviously MORE powerful, and MORE plentiful autos.... Clearly!

-343 Logic

Obviously you're making ASSUMPTIONS man. For all you know they had something even more skillful than pistols that they wanted to implement before they decided to put in the song of peace and the brute plasma rifle after a spirited debate.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

-343 Logic

The new update is reducing the quantity of autos with Storm Rifles taking the hardest hit, so not sure what you mean by this. Autos are broke af but we are headed in the right direction.

• Upvote (+1) 8

support ANZ

halo is halo dammit 

It seems as soon as my interest in comp halo grew, 343 started exponentially giving a a fuck about the viability of comp Halo, and ANZ's scene exponentially fell off. It fucking sucks. There's almost no reason for anybody to even try and compete here when there's no fucking LAN support and almost no HCS tournament support. I would bust a nut to go to a local LAN, but nothings been happening.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The new update is reducing the quantity of autos with Storm Rifles taking the hardest hit, so not sure what you mean by this. Autos are broke af but we are headed in the right direction.

Only took them a year. Halo is finally going in the right direction, but that's after it finally realized it was going backwards at the starting line. Are we back in the race? Maybe, but to be honest the settings are going to be the same once again this season and I don't know if I will watch it. The current settings, lack of maps(forge) and gametypes just bore me to no end. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The only way teams are going to compete for top 2 is with a new Huke or Frosty, someone like Shotzy or whoever ... the current player pool is not cutting it

• Upvote (+1) 1

Meanwhile, in a Microsoft HR office somewhere...

Be head of HR

Check on 343 sandbox position applications

See 20 applications

Have to narrow down candidates

Search for phrases 'no radar' and 'competitive'

Find 16 applications

Remove 16 applicants from recruiting process

Candidate pool successfully narrowed

• Upvote (+1) 8