CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't know where the rumor came from lol, but my chat ran with it. 2014 was pretty boring for Halo up until November and then... yeah.

I swear it came from one of your drunk streams, which might be why you don't remember :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

The things I'd do for a no sprint no spartan abilities Halo 6... Well...They're illegal.  

They would make so much money off of returning to their roots. It's sad they don't see that.

Maybe they'll return just like COD is doing

... or maybe we'll get ordinance drops back  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not that Falcated is a bad player by any means, but I wonder what Inconceivable would look like if they had kept Renegade instead of Falcated.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The things I'd do for a no sprint no spartan abilities Halo 6... Well...They're illegal.  

They would make so much money off of returning to their roots. It's sad they don't see that.

I just want Halo 3 Turbo, faster movement and thrust to make some crazy jumps.

• Downvote (-1) 4

Its crazy to me that 2 out of Str8, Panda, LG, EG, ALG and INC won't qualify for worlds but there's going to be 3 EU teams. Not that EU doesn't deserve spots, but there is probably 1 EU team that even belongs in the same tier as the NA teams that won't qualify. It blows my mind every time I think about worlds. Why not 16 teams? Why not even 8 NA teams? Itd still be bull shit, but it would at least itd be consistent with the pro league format. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not if you actually want viewers. I watched nearly all of Friday from STL and it was awful. The gameplay was shit. If the AMs want to shine, they should make champ bracket.

There was still 10k viewers all Friday.obviously people were watching. Old mlgs used to have shit teams on Friday too. It's part of the tourney.

Nothing kills hype more than wasting matchups for no reason. You want meaningful matches with pros on Fridays? Get rid of pro seeds and have each event be reseeded by splitting the amount of teams into two groups, then the top8 from those separate groups go to a champ bracket.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Uh. I have no problem with Ninja responding in that way for a few reasons.

1.) He's right, what does Ninja following him do?

2.) Let's not act like this is Ninja shitting on some fan who just wants to talk, Ninja is just stating his opinion, that him following the guy won't do anything.

3.) The person donated to try and get Ninja's attention, to get a follower, in hopes of increasing traffic to his twitch page.

I swear people will find any reason to shit Ninja sometimes.

Ninja killed my family.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's not ninja's job to promote other people and if he does this for one person he's gonna get 100 more asking for the same.

And? Following on twitch doesn't affect ninjas twitch experience at all. It's less intrusive than following someone on Twitter.
  • Downvote (-1) 8

There was still 10k viewers all Friday.obviously people were watching. Old mlgs used to have shit teams on Friday too. It's part of the tourney.

Nothing kills hype more than wasting matchups for no reason. You want meaningful matches with pros on Fridays? Get rid of pro seeds and have each event be reseeded by splitting the amount of teams into two groups, then the top8 from those separate groups go to a champ bracket.

No such thing as a 'wasted matchup', unless favorite teams are getting eliminated during groups. No one is suggesting that.

But, Teams potentially meeting multiple times in a tournament just adds to the storylines and amplifies the tension each time.

Not seeding Pros, would still make the first day boring, as there would be tons of matches featuring two no-name teams or Pros crushing no name teams.

A day of shit stream ads no value to the presentation. Why should they intentionally deliver a bad product.

Also STLs Friday viewership was much worse than you remember

sorted by peak viewers

evPyKJm.png

sorted by average

e5paVS4.png

It could barely holds its own compared to PGL.

Optic 3-1 NV in seeding pool play added no hype to their winners finals matchup at OC. It dulled it, and it still gives teams an excuse for losing since they can always say "it was only pool play".

Optic 3-1 NV in seeding pool play added no hype to their winners finals matchup at OC. It dulled it, and it still gives teams an excuse for losing since they can always say "it was only pool play".

How does it dull it? People LOVE rematches, especially when the stakes are higher the second time around.

I'll take nv-optic playing each other multiple times than a full day of shitty matchups. the viewership would agree.

• Upvote (+1) 5

And? Following on twitch doesn't affect ninjas twitch experience at all. It's less intrusive than following someone on Twitter.

That's easy for us to say, but it could also become a slippery slope. Let's say he does follow him. All of a sudden, people begin donating exactly the minimum on Ninja's stream, asking for him to follow them on Twitch. Now, when Ninja wants to hop onto Twitch, and watch someone else, he'll have to scroll through 100's of people he has zero intention of watching, thereby affecting his twitch experience.

Same reason why Celebrities don't follow fans on their social media page, even though it "takes two seconds"

Just because they are on the platform, doesn't mean they are entitled to use it all the same.

• Upvote (+1) 8

More great pro content from Danoxide.

Pnda has actually been looking very solid the last couple of days. Danoxide is a play maker and this team feeds off of each other's energy. Cratos at the very end had me dying

LG 4 - 9 nV - there were a lot of close games that LG could have definitely taken. nV blew them out in a couple of games though.

If LG practiced more individually, they would close out a lot of the games they lead in. You can tell by watching and see in their stats that their accuracy is lower than the top teams and this hurts when they don't finish kills.

I kind of want.pnda to make worlds now. Dan has been so funny in these vids. That first cap they were wrecking them

@@ssbChad or @@TiberiusAudley do you guys have the regionals stats by chance?

When Sudd2 announced he had cancer I honestly didn't think it was genuine. I know it's taboo to even suggest someone might not be telling the truth about something like that but my family has been decimated by the disease and something just didn't seem right. The fact he's being so flippant about it now reinforces that for me.

• Downvote (-1) 19

When Sudd2 announced he had cancer I honestly didn't think it was genuine. I know it's taboo to even suggest someone might not be telling the truth about something like that but my family has been decimated by the disease and something just didn't seem right. The fact he's being so flippant about it now reinforces that for me.

Eh, people can have cancer and still be assholes. Sudd2 was an asshole before diagnosis, wasn't so much during treatment when he was most likely feeling very ill and vulnerable, and now he's recovered he can use all that energy to be an asshole again. Seems plausible.

• Upvote (+1) 2