CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

"What do you even do exactly?"

That one I plan on asking.

If you open up the tweet you'll see I already got my question in. 

That one I do not, perhaps Zach will indulge you in a response instead. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Here are my thoughts on EG.

Remember last proleague season when they were number 1 after beating Optic when the squad was Roy, Lunch, Ninja, Victory? After a week or two of not doing well after that, they decided to suddenly drop Victory for Stellur. Am I the only one who remembers Ninja being sick as well as some scheduling conflicts allowing them not to practice for a week up until that point? I still feel like that team would have done well by keeping Victory because of the chemistry they had. They all had shit going on during the day and everyone was okay with that. They were all great friends outside of their previous teams as well. Their great chemistry made up for their lack of practice, even allowing them to beat Optic. IMO they should have never dropped Victory because, to me, his chemistry outweighed Stellur's natural talent and slaying ability.

Ninja was playing at his girl house, then at a hotel. It was a clear overreaction to drop victory.

To be fair, they did get it together again towards the end, and even went to game 5 with both NV and str8 at Vegas. But they should have stayed with victory until at least the first lan

From an extremely uninformed standpoint of someone who isn't close to anyone on the squad, it's pretty obvious that Snipedown and Mikwen don't get along very well.

Clearly. I could see one of them not being on the team post worlds
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder if his stuff will ship before the Str8 stuff ever did.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I assume someone got in Flameswords ear about how advertising going to jail over what is probably a drunken disorderly is not the best idea. Not the best look for someone who's sole purpose in the org is for advertisement.

Tweet deleted. Snapchat stories deleted. No video.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I assume someone got in Flameswords ear about how advertising going to jail over what is probably a drunken disorderly is not the best idea. Not the best look for someone who's sole purpose in the org is for advertisement.

Pretty much what happened.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I assume Hecz got in Flameswords ear about how advertising going to jail over what is probably a drunken disorderly is not the best idea. Not the best look for someone who's sole purpose in the org is for advertisement.

ftfy

• Upvote (+1) 3

Will this thread turn into MLG Atlanta as per usual? 

If so, MLG didn't show Evil Geniuses v. OpTic Gaming on any of their streams. So a journalist (who operates in Halo as well) for GAMURs periscoped it and got his press credentials taken. 

https://twitter.com/TheJamesMattone/status/830207564390490114 

What do you expect? If anyone in sports did that they would have the same happen.

What do you expect? If anyone in sports did that they would have the same happen.

Not about what I expect. Just saying what happened. Why so defensive? We have our own casters periscope our own side station matches and complain about how crappy mainstage matches are played but the good ones are on featured stations. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

I find it funny that here in HCS land, Periscope is essentially the unofficial sponsor of the featured stations.

Not about what I expect. Just saying what happened. Why so defensive? We have our own casters periscope our own side station matches and complain about how crappy mainstage matches are played but the good ones are on featured stations.

Yea, wish all games were on stream.

Going off of what Gamurs "journalist" have done in the past - they want easy clicks and did it just because it's OpTic. Any other match wouldn't have been streamed by them. I'm not going to buy that community card there. When you get credentials, you are expected to abide by the rules by those running the event.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yea, wish all games were on stream.

Going off of what Gamurs "journalist" have done in the past - they want easy clicks and did it just because it's OpTic. Any other match wouldn't have been streamed by them. I'm not going to buy that community card there. When you get credentials, you are expected to abide by the rules by those running the event.

I understand. Mattone is a true grinder and a good guy. Apparently E6's manager was kicked out for periscoping as well according to pamaj's periscope. He turned his off before he got kicked. 

There are also reports the press pass was faked but those are unconfirmed. 

Guys.... but someone told me that MLG could do no wrong.

Please don't. please not today. You'll wake up Vick VFM. 

• Upvote (+1) 1