CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Have they said when the settings will be finalised?

Do you mean 343 or the posters here who are arguging? /kappa

Have they said when the settings will be finalised?

Nope.

What makes any of that stuff less clear cut?

It's only clear cut to you because you understand the competitive merits of descoping in THIS particular franchise.

Why is it so unbelievable that someone who has worked on other games might not immediately understand why descoping HAS to be THE method used to combat ranged weaponry. There ARE other ways of achieving that same objective, ya know. The question is, are those other methods right for this franchise. Apparently due to pro team, they decided to stick with what works.

Like i said, there are a plethora of things that were working perfectly fine in Halo, that were changed in sequels as members of the dev team sought to make improvements. There are likely hundreds of things that were nearly RUINED over the past 15 years,saved by discussions similar to what pro team had... and we'll never even know about them. But yeah keep pretending that this was some uniquely herculean task.

I'm confused what we're arguing about at this point, man. If they have trouble understand the competitive merits of descoping even after Halo 4 (don't know why you're saying immediately when they had two halo games completed by the time they made halo 5) then it just makes me all the more skeptical for good changes in the future, and that perception has only been supported by stuff like a fuel rod on truth and overpowered autos everywhere and so on. I'm expressing frustration at 343's glacial pace in changing things that most competitive players would argue need to be changed. We have just about every pro player and competitive player talking in detail about stuff like reducing power weapons and they release a test playlist with sword on coliseum and shit like that. They're a company that falsely said how many pros were excited about relic in H2A until a pro player called them out. This isn't just normal collaboration like you're talking about; if you want to see a company that does that well look at blizzard or something.

• Upvote (+1) 2

There has to be a direct correlation between high levels of salt on the forum and low numbers of Emma Watson gifs.

south-park-s03e02c13-stans-pep-talk-4x3.

and for his work on the advancement of the beyond-watson unified theory of saltiness, i award @@Wra7h with the nobel peace prize

• Upvote (+1) 1

No, I'm not mad that they need consultants. I'm troubled for two reasons that there seemed to be a desire by at least some members of the development team to keep descoping in:

1. It was in a game that, to my knowledge, had underperformed with player retention and generally being liked compared to previous games and it was a widely criticized mechanic by causal and competitive players

2. It is something that almost undeniably makes the game less competitive. They have a right to make the game easier if they want to make it more fun; When I say "basic" I'm talking about what most of us would want in the competitive sense.

Stuff like health packs being changed to health regeneration nowhere near as clear cut and is only comparable in the sense that it also constitutes a change to the game.

1) He said he spent energy making sure descoping is in. He didn't say the alternative would be identical to h4.

2) again you are assuming that the alternative would have been something that didn't allow players to compete against ranged weapons.

How does the health mechanic not compare to the descope mechanic? Both are critical to the competetive nature of the game and alter the way players have to approach engagements

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I really hope Roybox shooter bubu works out.

It's interesting what can happen with e6. If cratos convinces suspector to stay I doubt Showtime goes against him. So then Naded and Dan join them, reuniting ALG but with Dan in place of el town

El town and victory pick up Spartan and ninja as their makeshift RNG reunion

Whatever happens I hope victory doesn't retire

I really hope Roybox shooter bubu works out.

It's interesting what can happen with e6. If cratos convinces suspector to stay I doubt Showtime goes against him. So then Naded and Dan join them, reuniting ALG but with Dan in place of el town

El town and victory pick up Spartan and ninja as their makeshift RNG reunion

Whatever happens I hope victory doesn't retire

Have Roybox, Shooter and Bubu been running?

How does the health mechanic not compare to the descope mechanic? Both are critical to the competetive nature of the game and alter the way players have to approach engagements

Because no descoping (as 343 implemented it in H4) objectively makes shooting much easier, especially with the sniper. Regenerating health alters the gameplay from health packs, yes, but it is not such a clear cut or at least impactful change to the competitiveness by any reasonable definition.

Any chance someone can invite me to the club for scrims? Gt: Visualdaddy o

• Downvote (-1) 1

Very surprised to hear TJ say that str8 won't stick together.

https://clips.twitch.tv/lxthul/FunnyEelTF2John

Thought those guys were such good friends that they'd be the only team to stick together with nV and OG.

He also said every team will 99.99% make changes expect for nV and OG.

Hopefully Eco and Ace get the pro league seed and are a to2, that would be an interesting to2.

Very curious to see what will team Ninja will land on now. He's not at all bad at this game and has a great pistol shot. With the recent update removing so many autos and splinters I think he'd be a lowkey great pickup if he made the effort to scrim and get on when the team wants to run games. He needs to start running games soon to remind people he's actually good at the game though.

Would love to see him team with Commonly and Penguin again as those three with Vic X were such a vibey squad and a lot of fun to watch together when they weren't bickering after a loss in a scrim. Also Hamy managed to tame Ninja pretty well in not being overly aggressive+running off doing his own thing. I can't see it happening though.
  • Upvote (+1) 3