CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Has anyone else ever fantasized about repurposing what was supposed to be a simple remake of a very popular video game into a multi-game and multi-platform project while vastly underestimating time constraints and knowingly releasing an unfinished product for $60 to your loyal fans, many of which spent $300+ on a console for your game?

I've been having dark thoughts lately.

Its like you watched my stream last night.  H5 was being ridiculously stupid and it reminded me how 343 has yet to make a game work well, yet thats their actual job.  They are supposed to release halo games that halo fans will enjoy, they are given the opportunity to release H3, a game that is already made and already enjoyed, and they still mess it up.  Like.... they literally havent done their job right yet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

expo-reforma-home.jpg

Venue for the Gfintity Mexico Qualifier.

Is that good or bad ? Do we have any info on what is inside ?

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's crazy to me the sheer juxtaposition of Gears and Halo.

Gears eSports literally has a discord channel you can join with the eSports staff in it. Skins given out for free to those who play ladder matches, constant posts/announcements on twitter, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Two issues are impeding them (if issues are impeding them) imo.

1) You're correct. People will remember how much they loved the old style of Halo games. 343 will have to remind everyone how much better the original trilogy (and even NBNS Reach) is than anything they've offered.

2) The other thing people will remember leading up to this game is "Remember how the last remastered Halo they put out didn't work ever?"

Thing is, with all it's issues, I enjoyed H2A online 100x more than Halo 4, and I know a lot of others did as well. That sort of shit stings, and we already know from MLG's trouble getting Halo events that 343i is nothing if not fickle and petty.

It does sting. I enjoyed H2a too, actually played a game earlier and all I could think was I would have accepted that as H5's engine even with the problems because it's still Halo. Watching H2a was infinitely better than watching H5. I would be in Chig's or someone else's stream daily. Now even if i'm grinding H5 I don't particulary like watching it. Sad times.

It does sting. I enjoyed H2a too, actually played a game earlier and all I could think was I would have accepted that as H5's engine even with the problems because it's still Halo. Watching H2a was infinitely better than watching H5. I would be in Chig's or someone else's stream daily. Now even if i'm grinding H5 I don't particulary like watching it. Sad times.

h2a was dog shit

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Pretty sure its the same venue that they had for the Gears event a few weeks back

Pretty sure its the same venue that they had for the Gears event a few weeks back

Nop, we used a different venue for Gears. We're happy with this venue as well though!

• Upvote (+1) 5

Google has led me to believe its empty convention floors, but considering I dont read or speak spanish...I struggled to find much. 

h2a was dog shit

I called it Host 2: The Hostening.

Host advantage was so severe in that game it made me cry.

• Upvote (+1) 1

h2a was dog shit

fucking nuke nades, weird host balancing, too few maps/gametype combos that were good.

Launch playlist SMG starts. 

I really disliked H2A

• Upvote (+1) 2

Jack from Gears is better than anyone on the HCS staff...and it isn't close.

I've met Jack in person twice in the past 6 months and she is by far most enthusiastic person I have ever met regarding E-sports. She actually cares about the community and she wants all feedback, good and bad regarding GOW4. Jack has true passion and nobody has ever said anything bad about her.

The transparency  between the GOW community and the devs are amazing. I have been playing GOW4 since launch and every update has improved the game. Remember when H5 updates broke the game?   

I wish there was a "Jack" at 343 that cared enough about the community like she does. I had faith that the people that got hired by 343 years ago would become someone like her, but all I see from them are just sheep and I've lost respect for them. They have had ( 2015 post-launch) to redeem themselves but they all radio silent and do not interact with the community and all, what damn shame. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Honestly if you're defending Halo at this point you're a fucking shill.

No man fuk u u don no wat ur talkin' about, the 353 dev's r cool n they listen 2 our feedbak ur just shit and negative lol go back to cod its ez 4 u hahahahhaha

any1 wan 2 plae sum warzone 12s? Saving up 4 recon.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've met Jack in person twice in the past 6 months and she is by far most enthusiastic person I have ever met regarding E-sports. She actually cares about the community and she wants all feedback, good and bad regarding GOW4. Jack has true passion and nobody has ever said anything bad about her.

The transparency  between the GOW community and the devs are amazing. I have been playing GOW4 since launch and every update has improved the game. Remember when H5 updates broke the game?   

I wish there was a "Jack" at 343 that cared enough about the community like she does. I had faith that the people that got hired by 343 years ago would become someone like her, but all I see from them are just sheep and I've lost respect for them. They have had ( 2015 post-launch) to redeem themselves but they all radio silent and do not interact with the community and all, what damn shame. 

Yep, exactly. I know people are going to write off my comment as something hateful (granted I could have worded it nicer) but Jack is just incredible for the entire Gears community. You see stuff going on with them and wonder what the hell happened to us? Bad timing, mismanagement, terrible deals, etc. We just hit a bad rough patch besides the funding / prizing. I know there are a lot of hopeful people out there still, wish I could say the same at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo is dad again?

In all seriousness watching this community go from dizzying heights in the MLG era to the absolute pits with AGL and H4 to renewed hope with MCC and the HCS and we've been torpedoing downward ever since.