CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Hi everyone,

To speak to the question of “why Burbank?” We did have conversations with a number of different partners and explored a variety of options with regards to venues - also on the East Coast (you might remember me tweeting about location scouting the day after Fall Finals for instance). Unfortunately, none of these worked out for this year. That being said, we are actively continuing these conversations for future events.

As most of you know, the ESL campus with our broadcast studios located in Burbank is our home base (internally, we call it the campus because we’re spread across different buildings, this is just the first time we’ve used the term publicly). I am confident that those who make the trip to California will not be disappointed and will have a great time here. Our space has come a long way since we had our first Halo tournament here over 2 years ago - since then we have probably grown 4 times or so - and with this event we’re pushing for yet a better experience with more cool shit to do than at Fall Finals. We are working on a bunch of activities for the on-site audience, which is why we are calling it a festival. In addition to watching the world elite compete we want our guests to be part of a weekend full of Halo all around. Our goal is to make people feel the gravity and weight of this event and what it means to the players, fans and community

In addition, we’re working on maximizing the available space for audience seating inside the studio so that more of you will be able to witness the action first hand than during Fall Finals. To that end we’re changing up the layout, for instance by moving the FFA outside of the studio. As pointed out, there will be an outside viewing area where we’ll have the feeds and gameplay from both streams - so there will be as much action going on outside as there will be inside. In total, we are aiming for 300+ guests, in addition to the players and crew.

I also know that our production team will give everyone watching on-site and at home a great show worthy of a world championship for the entire weekend. We’ll have two streams going so that anyone can watch any match they want. Personally, I am proud of the production quality we’ve brought to the table and we are constantly pushing ourselves to be better and I am confident to say that we have been able to step it up from event to event. I have no doubt that we will be able to do this again and put on an amazing show for the World Championship!

I hope this offers some perspective on why the event is held at Burbank and gives you confidence in that you will enjoy the event. We aim to put on one hell of a show and an incredible weekend for both players and spectators alike.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to see you there!

Shoot for the stars so you can land in the dumpster.....

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I started to get nauseous because Dan moves so fucking much lol

his stream is the best ... Frosty-esque movement but also twitchy in this curious way. the screeching + robot noises also grow on you after a while

• Upvote (+1) 5

Danoxide's vids are fucking nuts. This one has:

Str8 Sick complaining about Cratos not finishing a kill

Danoxide calling opponents old & wrinkly

Danoxide yelling at El Town for getting out-BRed (it is el town though :P)

Cratos calling VicX "fucking statwhore old man"  

Seems like Dan has had a chip on his shoulder ever since he got booted from ALG. Should be entertaining to watch the fallout, since his skill ceiling is insanely high. 

I'm enjoying all of the teams right now, but the team I most wish I could see would be Danoxide, Ninja, Spartan and Shotzzy. Team "I have something to prove". God would this team be fun to watch, even if they lost every match. (They wouldn't.)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Dan is like that weird kid in primary school that mu parents told me to stay away from.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This was such an entertaining video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCr6fNltTZg

It's even funnier how downbeat naded is when everyone else is in their own world
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Danoxide plays so fucking fast. The fastest style of play of any player iv seen. His play style fits his personality perfectly. I love it.

You should watch Shotzzy sometime.

• Upvote (+1) 4

his stream is the best ... Frosty-esque movement but also twitchy in this curious way. the screeching + robot noises also grow on you after a while

I think him acting batshit like that during the game is easy to get past considering how good he is. I just wonder sometimes if he has trouble "turning it off." I think ALG felt as though they couldn't get a serious moment out of him to actually discuss strategy, mistakes, etc

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You can tell eg hates playing with each other

Makes perfect sense though.

RoyBox- love them, and it worked well historically for them, but they neeeeed to calm down with the constant bickering about everything.... literally everything

Contra- extremely talented and one of my favorite pros, but he definitely performs better in a positive environment, and sometimes he struggles to maintain positivity as well.

Devon- he's a good Halo player and I don't want to bag on him, but I think Contra would be most successful duo-less

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Lg was down 1-6 in the series vs inconceivable and came back to finish it 6-7. 

oh and this 

https://clips.twitch.tv/ninja/CrowdedLionTheRinger

They have talent and just need to work on their mental game. 

That's why I was always against them teaming with Contra and Devon. It's just not a good mix. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If EG plays Inconceivable for top 6 at burbank (@@TiberiusAudley said this I think, correct if I'm wrong), they need to pull off that upset, as I don't see them winning the ONLINE LCQ. Also, some of the teams they face there have very strong online performers- Naded, Spartan, & Ninja come to mind. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

honestly surprised they're teaming (well, $$$) as Roy has said repeatedly over the past year that he is not a fan of Contra (on stream)

Being a huge fan of Roy and Lunch, It makes me really sad to see them not doing so well..

• Upvote (+1) 3

Being a huge fan of Roy and Lunch, It makes me really sad to see them not doing so well..

I think they will really step it up for LAN. 

I think they will really step it up for LAN. 

Wow.  Only 3 of the games they lost were even close.  the rest were blowouts.  And none of the ones they won were blowouts.  Makes me sad.