CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

343 site

Looking at 343 careers i dont see anything that even smells of competitive gaming. I does look like theyre hiring for the next game. Without having a directory of who does what in hcs, it feels like esl has been given the reigns. From what @@Timo said, it sounded like they were responsible for this.

Again it goes to transparency. Who does what? What company is responsible for what part? Why does this have to be so complicated? I feel like its another layer to keep us in the dark

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's time for MS to step in and start getting people into shape. I have a feeling they are not watching over Halo esports and just letting 343 do their thing. 

The same Microsoft that is doing so great with Xbox One right? Microsoft fucking up is leaking towards all of their first party developers.

• Downvote (-1) 2

You know you're struggling to come up with a silver lining when 2 out of 3 of your points are the same. 

First one I was trying to say that since they have more budget they should be able to do more with the broadcast and festival

Third one I was trying to say that since they know the space so well they should be able to do more with (hopefully) flawless execution

But yea, could probably be just one point.

the forums are gonna go full on mad max if there are broadcast issues  

Yea... understandably so. My years at CLG have taught me to have faith though. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

The same Microsoft that is doing so great with Xbox One right? Microsoft fucking up is leaking towards all of their first party developers.

Sales are on the rise and scorpio looks really good. Plus the constant addition of backwards compatible games. Microsoft isnt the enemy here

First one I was trying to say that since they have more budget they should be able to do more with the broadcast and festival

Third one I was trying to say that since they know the space so well they should be able to do more with (hopefully) flawless execution

But yea, could probably be just one point.

the forums are gonna go full on mad max if there are broadcast issues  

Yea... understandably so. My years at CLG have taught me to have faith though. 

Accidental neg, made it back up here.

SNIP

Yeah, at least having it in their home building should mean they are able to put on their best possible production. I guess we'll see, but at the competition quality in the top 6 should be the best yet in h5.

And as the spectator amount will limit the crowd noise level and therefore a lot of hype, they can just pump artificial crowd noise; the Atlanta Falcons did that and they're very successf-- ah, shit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah it isn't like they constantly add BC games and have added just about every feature to the OS that has been requested. FUCK MICROSOFT!

Can The Coalition just come make a Halo Gears clone and save us?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sales are on the rise and scorpio looks really good. Plus the constant addition of backwards compatible games. Microsoft isnt the enemy here

I really hope Scorpio is a hit because that would help Halo a lot.

The frustrating part about this is that all these great memes and banter on the forums are just going to solidify the "toxic" label from Team Beyond detractors. But I'm not sure what else we're supposed to do...

I don't see how memes can be seen as toxic, I see them as more as a coping venture that the community does to have a laugh and have a little fun together after bad news etc. I mean I'm sure theres probably some that go over board? and obviously the quality of them varies depending on whos doing them but for the most part I don't see how they can be seen as toxic. Not sure if other people view them this way though.

Yeah it isn't like they constantly add BC games and have added just about every feature to the OS that has been requested. FUCK MICROSOFT!

Can The Coalition just come make a Halo Gears clone and save us?

Stuff that the Xbox 360 already had and we were getting them 2 years into the Xbox One lifespan.  

Xbox 360 is GOAT

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone know the amount of seats available at regionals and worlds.

Edit: also the pax east s1 finals. That had a fairly big crowd

Is there an y way to get the music from the. Vision part 2? Does hitch make it himself?

@@LethuL

Pretty sure most of his music is from the same guy, idk specifically who. I'll ask him at some point and let you know. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Please set this on fire during the next HCS Now broadcast.

Thanks.

I am 100% wearing it next show in honer of my favorite mod.

• Upvote (+1) 1

MLG used to sell out events to 256 TEAMS and 343 Industries is hoping to have 300 GUESTS attend the Halo World Championship, incredible.

I mean to be fair its 300 guests in addition to teams. I dont know the numbers for Columbus 2012 but I'd guess 800-1000 spectators, plus the 1k entrants.

And unless they plan to have a rave or orgy outside the entire night I don't think they can fit 1k spectators at this location. Crowd should be hype enough with 300 spectators.